[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Fuck this garbage French dogshit design
>>
are you the guy from the bbg who got roasted for trying to pump up a bike tire with a basketball pump
>>
I don't disagree but we got what we got
>>
File: Dunlop_valve.jpg (212 KB, 558x1019)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
Would you prefer this garbage?

Frankly, I have never encountered a valve design that no-one thought was dogshit.
>>
I am fine with all of them, just give me a decent pump.
>>
great thread
>>
>>2008992
schrader, a sensible german design that we use to this day in every non-bicycle application, predates both presta and dunlop valves
there's zero reason for either of the inferior formats to exist
>>
File: Schwalbe-CLIK-VALVE.jpg (170 KB, 1920x933)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
finally, a valve that makes sense
>>
File: 1704035860657120.jpg (30 KB, 400x400)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>2009016
pretty based of them to make it all compatible with things we already got. I hope they suceed in making this the new standard.
>>
File: IMG_20240715_165201.jpg (1.72 MB, 2042x1528)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>>2008995
>a pump
>>
>>2009048
Not super crazy about the compressor. Gotta turn it on, inflate it only so much, then drain the compressor each time.
Great for tubeless or car tires.
>>
>>2008961
It never ceases to amaze me how some people can blame an inanimate object for their own lack of skill and patience.
I've been using presta for 15 years and never have a single problem with it.
How about you GIT GUD instead of being a whiny little cunt about it?
>>
>>2009060
pretty much /thread
>>
>>2009049
>drain the compressor each time.
this is autism
>>
>>2009011
And yet, like I said, I've heard people complain about Schrader being dogshit as well. They're also common in yes-bicycle applications, so you can certainly have that if that's what you prefer. Unless you absolutely necessarily need your crabon deep section rims, then you might have a problem.
>>
>>2008961
The only thing I don't like about presta valves is you need that retarded little adapter for 99% of all air pumps and compressors sold in the US.
>>
>>2009105
if you're on a presta bike you probably want an actual bike pump anyway because you want the gauge's sensitivity to be appropriate for your tire size and not an automobile or a basketball. and having one of those special tubeless gizmos is a plus unless you want to have to also have an airshot
>>
>>2009049
Why would you drain the compressor??
>>
>>2009086
henlo, this is patrick.
Yes I have autism and want my pump to last forever+not explode eventually due to rust.
It's much easier for me to drain every use, then remember every month or so to drain since I don't use it often.
>>2009110
water in tank due to the way compressors work.
It builds up over time depending on how much you use and where you live. Takes a long ass time but they can rust away and eventually not be able to hold pressure and explode.

I am not draining the compressor oil.
>>
>>2009121
Wtf just open the low point drain valve and close after all the water blows out.....
They even make mechanical drain valves that will do that for you automagically....
>>
It would be okay design if it was actually leak proof.
Instead you still have to pump them up once a week if you got a sensitive tire setup.

>>2009109
>not an automobile
Its still in PSI or BAR
>basketball
Yupp, that is still in PSI or BAR.
>>
>>2008992
It's cute how to this day patch kits come with a Dunlop valve tube even if the valves have used the same plunger mechanism as Persta and Schrader for decades.
>>
>>2009148
What patch kits are you buying?
>>
>>2008961
imagine creating a thread to announce that you got filtered.
>>
>>2009016
>Schwalbe-CLIK-VALVE
can't wait to get mine when it goes on sale later this year
>>
File: tip-top-tt01.jpg (38 KB, 800x538)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>2009151
TipTop is what they have in super market bicycle section.

Cursory research reveals that it's mostly only this brand, though.
>>
>>2009225
Huh. I bought a couple of packets of that brand. I think they're good. They didn't include the valve rubber though (not that I miss it).

I've heard tales that supposedly patch kits used to come with an entire spare valve core. I've never seen that myself though. I do remembe patch kits including a valve rubber, in my youth.
>>
regina valves are objectively the best
>>
>>2009121
Yea but every time is retarded my dude, you can't claim it's an inconvenience just because you're autistic/OCD

That's like claiming sleeping in a bed is inconvenient because you have to wash the sheets EVERY day
>>
>>2010118
I blew out your mom's Regina valve
>>
>>2010132
>>
all hail Blitzventil
>>
>>2009060
>It never ceases to amaze me how some people can blame an inanimate object for their own lack of skill and patience.
/board
>>
>>2009060
It never ceases to amaze me how some people can defend a defective object
>>
>>2010232
>>
bump

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.