[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cago.png (208 KB, 708x358)
208 KB
208 KB PNG
and now there is no reason to even get EV anymore with this bike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7w57U3ijHY

> - doubled up steer links and brakes
> - the cab has the same safety crash rating as a smart car
> - can carry 2 kids or 600lb cargo
> - belt drive
>>
>>2010048
For the price of this monstrosity i could buy a used car and fuel for the next 3 years anon.
>>
>>2010048
That might make more sense than buying a Rivian or a Tesla. But IMO, these cargo bikes only make sense for those who want to live alone in an urban or suburban area. Innawoods? You share the road with truckers and soccer moms going 55mph. And they don't like doing that when your e-bike maxes out at 20. Or having their taxes raised to build sidewalks/bike paths.
>>
support 4chan.
buy an ad.
>>
there's so many drawbacks to this thing I don't even feel like engaging
>>
ten fucking thousand dollars
if it doesn't have an ai that does chores and sucks my dick I don't want it
>>
>>2010048
Yeah, I could see how these could work in countries where everyone is either white or Japanese.
>>
>>2010048
>is an even bigger, easier-to-hit target for motorists who hate cyclists
You know you'll look like a gigantic fag riding that fucking frankenbike, right?
What kind of a fool do you have to be to pay for a BSO like this?
>>
File: 982376362.png (1.66 MB, 1273x717)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB PNG
>>2010048
>$10k
at this rate why don't you just buy a fucking motorcycle? Get an Adventure bike or even a crooser, would be an investment compared to this.
>>
>>2010410
they're different
>>
I'm all for people riding bikes and using cars less, but I do think there's a natural limit to what's smart to put on 2 wheels if it's not going to be counted as an automobile/motorcycle. Bakfiets are right at the edge of that limit. Massively overbuilt, motorized bakfiets are over the line.
>>
>>2010423
why?
they're ubiquitous and successful in NL
you don't hear the dutch complain about how they're a menace on shared infrastructure, just that they're dorky.
seeing as the use case is taking your young kids to school, there's already an effective limiter on how obnoxiously people ride them.
>>
>>2010148
And if you include repair costs, taxes and insurance, you'd have to repeat your expenses annually. So the point your making is that owning a used-up low end shitbox is like buying a brand new top end bike every single year.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.