[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Where are all the kits?
>fixes the inherent instability
>reblances inherent load distribution
>instantly makes biking more accessible to disabled people
>maintains ride height unlike recumbents
>saves shipping costs off-standard trikes that balloon costs
>keeping 60% of the bike standard and deconvertible

I have 4 pairs of identical junk bikes but no welding equipment, so ideally bolt on everything, and possibly maintaining original front fork that saddles into reversible bike trailer. Other rules are all same wheel size. Someone explain to me the instinct to go small or slightly smaller wheels. Just to carry different inner tubes? Sell more overpriced specialized equipment?
>>
>>2014505
>fixes inherent instability
>maintains ride height
if you convert a single track to a multi track vehicle and keep the COGs height (which is quite high as single track vehicles get away with it thanks to their stability) the instability will reappear quite sudden when cornering.
also too much to list
either way: trikes exist, get one, or cobble yours together. A hack saw and some hardware shouldn't be out of financial reach for the person having multiple bicycles.
>>
>>2014505
Damn they built that without knowing how to remove the bars from a quill stem?
>>
File: 1664179906357213.png (281 KB, 499x499)
281 KB
281 KB PNG
>mystery meat cyclist
>crocs
>unpainted, overcomplicated 20kg+ abomination
KYS nigger
>>
>>2014508 #
>instability reintroduced
For not being able to be rammed by a car and go under the wheels is a great trade off. A luxury would be twin front wheel turning. But I'm more than happy with a fixed smallest ice cream truck bakfiet.

I have a midget bike and you get addicted to that turning radius. For how I'm biking (density/sidewalks/shopping centers) it's so nimble.

Only rule is none of this two headed monster/looks wrong horse shit like picrel. Front tires have to be a wide as my shoulders OR wider

>>2014574 #
See i have no idea what that is....

>>2014646 #
Yeah, fuck that guy. But imagine it made out of carbon fiber and weighing 10 pounds....all the bullshit material sciences normally mispent to make a 10 pound bike weigh 4 pounds...all that progress is used as it should be to make a more and more substantial bike/bike car at the same weight as a steel conventional bike? Almost like something making sense finally sense......your welcome
>>
>>2014646
you forgot to mention the trousers
>>
So are ya disabled or just too dumb to balance a bike, OP?
>>
Balance? When you vertigo have anything to do with IQ, you non@ing, coward. Talk about 3 fingers back....
>>
>>2014672
>>2014646
Forgot to mention that fucking chain slack.
>>
File: IMG_20240826_150330.jpg (2.86 MB, 2160x2880)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB JPG
meanwhile a pedal powered tadpole trike with sane design decisions, that you can buy right now
>>
>>2015195
>basically a speedbump
>>
Bump for thee only thread that matters on thak graveyard of a board....
>>
>>2014646
Mirin' his forearms doe.
>>
>>2014505
if the frame is steel then that's possible.
if its aluminum don't even think about what the guy on the pic has done.

Normal trikes are better because of cheap rear difs and conversion parts you can find on aliexpress and amazon.
>>
>>2019151
Amen. As much as because of the modestness if human power, justifies chasing light materials, classic human irrationality intrudes, and we get people who bike 50 miles on a weekend polluting the market with 12,000 dollar carbon fiber abominations, in the only option poors have for conveyance.....

In my decade of buying Walmarts cheapest bike to fix the market, everyone of these u.s. hollowing chinesium widgets has had the rims become untrue/spokes break. Either cause they brag about being aluminum now....in cheapest possible imitation of yuppie poison.....

I have a Huffy 10 speed form the 80s whose steel rims, while the chrome has rusted a bit, have been of jumps, potholes, curbs.....and I have NEVER had to touch them.....but man, so they weight a pound or two more, and that wears me out so badly....it's worth buying a brand new 100$ bike every year....

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.