[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (828 KB, 691x588)
828 KB
828 KB PNG
Does anyone know what train is pictured in this puzzle? When I look up Edison 4-4-0, nothing comes up that looks like this.
>>
> Edison is based on an 0-4-0 switcher locomotive built about 1870 by Manchester Locomotive Works. Henry Ford purchased the switcher from Edison Portland Cement Company in 1932. Mr. Ford had the locomotive rebuilt into a 4-4-0 wheel arrangement by staff at Ford Motor Company's Rouge locomotive shop. Edison later went into regular service on Greenfield Village's railroad.

From thehenryford.org
>>
File: file.png (921 KB, 768x512)
921 KB
921 KB PNG
>>2015483
I know, but not a single picture of that train looks like the picture on the box
>>
>>2015486
Looks the same to me minus some minor changes (smokestack, headlight, cab windows, pilot, some paint)
>>
it has been rebuilt several times
>>
>>2015549
now thats what im talking about. thanks bro
>>
Ya need to search better, sonny.
It appears Henry Ford has an 0-4-0 modified to 4-4-0 in his own shops.
Over the years, it's been altered as it went to different owners since they realized it's not "authentic.
It only had the stack in OP's photo from 1993 to 2004, for example.
https://www.steamlocomotive.info/vlocomotive.cfm?Display=637
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/12-post-your-photos/372645-machinery-edison-1-a.html
>>
File: LBSCR_B4_class.jpg (233 KB, 1563x945)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
Hijacking, but why do American trains of the era look so funky and weirdly proportioned. Compare with the refined, tasteful British-style 4-4-0
>>
>>2015574
They’re all lanky and small boilered to run on the sketchy track of most American railroads of the time, and the tall diamond stack for wood burning just adds to the look.
>>
>>2015481
Sick train puzzle, trains are autistic and so are puzzles and you have a train puzzle
>>
>>2015574
'Murican here, I get the tasteful part but why do Brit locos always have such small cabs for the crew?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.