[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Expect some downtime in the next few minutes for upgrades!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pybt.jpg (349 KB, 1024x1024)
349 KB
349 KB JPG
Post Your Bike Thread
Frenly Fall Edition

Previous Edition
>>1999878
>>
Roast me
>steel is real
>1x8 STX group
>aliexpress parts
>meme tires

Really like how this build came together.
Serving me well so far as a daily commuter
>>
File: P_20240706_102211_1.jpg (211 KB, 1402x917)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>2018645
I like the fenders and the basket. Is it removable? Is the lock from ali because I bought a similar thing and it would rattle like a motherfucker. It also was super loose so when I was cycling with the lock in the same spot as you it swung over to the side and freaked me out a bit. It's in the basement gathering dust. Here is my commuter that sits folded both in my cars trunk and at work.
>>
I sent a very rare retro bike to a renowned frame painter.
we spoke on the phone, and I explained exactly what I wanted, during the call I sent him some pictures via email, of the bike now, and how I wanted it to look, the original red and white. He said OK, no problem, we can do that.

During the ensuing email exchange I asked if he could also paint some other bits, fork lowers, brace and stem, I wanted these in a specific shade of blue, and again he said no problem, so I sent them with the frame. Once they arrived he emailed me to expect the work to be completed in about 6 weeks.

9 weeks passed and I'd heard nothing. So I sent an email asking for news. They replied saying that had been extremely busy, but not to worry as my bike was near the top of the queue.

7 weeks after that I recieved another email saying that the work was complete, I paid the balance and the bike arrived a week later.

They painted the frame and the parts in the blue. It turns out the phone chat we had was completely forgotten, and he'd simply seen the word blue in the email chain relating to the fork parts and stem he assumed the frame needed to be the same. The problem is there's no record of our original chat where we spoke at length about thr red and white, where the fades should be etc, so I can't even claim for incorrect work.

He's just an unprofessional disorganized retard, and I'm now stuck with a bike that needs repainting.

Why are people so fucking retarded?
>>
>>2018645
When I was a bike noob just started lurking /n/, /n/ had a bit of a fetish for GT triple triangle frames.
I don't see that much anymore, but every time I see a GT bike it takes me back to those times. I've never ridden a GT, but I've been indoctrinated by /n/ to uncritically think triple triangle frames are awesome.
>>
>>2018788
I still have a fetish for them, and am looking at an aluminum road bike locally.
I don't need more bikes but n+1 is calling.
>>2018763
0 fucks given.
A shame since at one time he might have cared, and it wouldn't have been hard to contact you again to confirm the design/paintjob.
>>
>>2018788
>>2018790
GT’s are based
Here is my disc brake modded 650b graveler with shimano 105 drive
>>
>>2018826
cool build
>>
File: IMG_8002.jpg (3.39 MB, 3024x4032)
3.39 MB
3.39 MB JPG
Only major changes since last posting is a less extreme angled stem and a riser bar. Pretty useable, makes sense to reach for the drops now occasionally. Still might flip the stem for even more comfort.

Maybe a bit bigger cassette in the rear for these mountain climbs. 52x39 up front and I've put on some weight this year. I've been back to tracking my diet so maybe I'll avoid the need to do that though.

Wheels definitely need to get trued this week,
>>
>>2018875
sick fade
>>
File: notinkoreaanymore.jpg (373 KB, 1100x764)
373 KB
373 KB JPG
18 months later and I no longer have any lingering symptoms in my shoulder. Just intermittent "weather knee", but I have that in more places than just my shoulder.
Still managing to get in 2 miles a day, even though Pittsburgh has steeper hills than Seoul did.
>>
>>2018826
that lounger park bench looks completely awesome
>>
>>2018826
Once had a late 80's triple-triangle gt for about a year because I was off at a job and it just happened to be there. Not one you would glance and and think was any good. It also had the weird seatstay-mounted U-brake. That was some fun bike, god damn. Flexy and responsive
>>
File: fld.jpg (978 KB, 1931x1938)
978 KB
978 KB JPG
>>
>>2018925
Why ride such a heavy horrible shitter?
There are commuter bikes with fenders and 29" x 2" tires that weigh less than 9kg.
2 miles a day is literally nothing, you don't need an ebike for that
>>
>>2018975
Hello fancy british man with smol mtb. Looks like a nice early rockshox fork and some neat low spoke count wheels. Add in the fancy cranks and you are ballin. Of course a fancy mtb frame with wishbone seat stays.
>>
File: 20240918_135719[1].jpg (3.9 MB, 4080x3060)
3.9 MB
3.9 MB JPG
>>
>>2019036
eh, fixies are for fags but I'll revoke that statement since you have not shaved off the derailleur hanger on that classic frame, and you run full brakes. it's flat where you live?
I've never seen a chromed top tube before, is that factory spec or was that tube replaced at some point?
>>
>>2018977
I bough it in Korea since a) They're half price there and b) I intended to haul one or more children and heavy boxes with it.
I would intermittently attach a bike trailer or rear child seat to the cargo frame over the rear wheel depending upon what I needed to haul.
I'm not going to be able to afford anything nicer for a while.
>>
File: 20240918_171959.jpg (2.76 MB, 4080x3060)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB JPG
>>2019041
It's single speed right now and it was setup for commuting back in 2009 or so.
Yeah 40 miles today with only 500ft of climbing+descending. Takes most of what I got to get up the couple 10% hills but I manage with the spider technique since I am heavy at 200lbs.

Factory as far as I know. Dad bought it off ebay in the early 2000's from denmark. So it could have been replaced before then.
I wasn't cognizant of the factory spec when we got it since I was a kid and more into anime at the time. Also not sure if he got it complete, or just the frame+fork but it has universal mod .125 brakes+levers, cinelli bars+stem, ofmega headset, campy record+36 hole mavic g40 up front and a laced up suzue track hub+mavic reflex rim. Origin 8 crank+cartridge bb that we installed back then.
I think it's a 48 or 46-18.

Oh, and here are some more pictures I took recently.
>>
File: 20240918_172059.jpg (2.59 MB, 4080x3060)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB JPG
>>2019036
>>
>>2019036
that's a lovely bike
I suggest you upgrade your brakes.
>>
How the fuck do you ride with seats that high? I know the deal about the full leg straightening, but do you really feel comfortable when occasionally riding on sidewalks and having to maneuver between young moms with trolleys/children/dogs/old people/other unpredictable obstacles? I tried to raise the seat but I just can't ride confidently if I'm unable to support myself with my foot in risky cases.
>>
>>2019211
I prefer to use heel to pedal at full extension. That works for me when you use your fore foot it's pretty close.
I am fine maneuvering on my road bike>>2019036
I have always had good reactions and look far ahead so I am prepared. I don't do much sidewalk riding, but on the bike trail when I spot a potential issue I judge the possibilities
Dog walker+leash?
slow down and "on yer left" from far away
2 people walking on the correct side
on yer left
Hamplanets blocking the path?
on yer left doing 1mph to let them move.
children?
same, go really slow.

Dabbing my foot? I used to mtb a ton and practice slow speed movements so I am very confident at that. So mtbing or doing tighter and tighter figure 8's are a good way to practice.
>>2019048
Half me says to keep em as is. Other half agrees with you. After training my forearms I can brake pretty fast now from the drops, but before as a DYEL it was scary stopping. Just aero levers would be huge.
>>
>>2019211
Lol git gud

Seriously though, it’s not a problem once you’re used to it. You will however never have the same amount of control on a slammed road bike with narrow bars.

Consider it ”technical terrain” and have some fun instead if being anxious
>>
>>2019211
learn to do a trackstand (point your front wheel to the right, up a small hill, and balance to stay still)

you've got it when you can do it no hands, forever
>>
>>2019225
>point your front wheel to the right
disgusting
>t. left pointing, left foot forward

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.