[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy Birthday 4chan!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why aren't bicycles cool like cars or motorcycles?
>>
>>2020191
they are literally cool, unlike motorized means of transportation
>>
they are cool. you never did the thing where you put pokemon cards in the spokes so they made a vvrrrrrrRRRR sound?
>>
>>2020191
cycling is cool because it's healthy, fat fucks aren't cool. it's also faster than other modes of urban transport. if you live in bumfuck nowhere and the only reason to cycle is sport, i can see why motorcyles would be cooler to have.
>>
File: IMG_3951.jpg (90 KB, 736x1028)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
It is unironically part of a conspiracy a concerted effort has been made to rob cycling of its machismo.
>>
>>2020390
Why do urbanists get so angry at the idea of someone actually having fun while riding a bike? Why does it have to be this joyless LARP of how the amsterdam people supposedly live? This is a rhetorical question btw, the answer (as we all know) is that they don't live in a city, and don't ride a bike at all, otherwise they would understand why people have fun while doing it.
>>
>>2020396
idk i think most urbanists would agree that riding a bike is fun, it seems like you're just making up a strawman in your head to seethe at
>>
>>2020397
Found one
>>
>>2020390
I live on the far side off the worlds ass. I cycle. Not for sport. It's not effeminate like motoring and better for the environment and others.
>>
>>2020191
Reddit urbanists ruin bicycling and are allergic to any testosterone not injected right up their asshole.
>>
>>2020396
seethe more lmao
>>
>seethe more lmao
>>
>>2020191
Cycling is far cooler because it's keeps me fit and fuckable. Don't get me wrong, I've got a brand new car but I like to use the bikes whenever we can.

>>2020396
>grrrrrr me not like please gib HFCS
Fuck off fat kid
>>
>>2020484
>flyover cageoid subhuman declares himself to be an "avid cyclist", attempts to dunk on humans
Yep, I'm on /n/
>>
>>2020485
>do I fit in yet, fellow oldfags?
I'm none of your buzzwords. Seems like projection.
>>
File: p5pb19926231.jpg (420 KB, 1024x768)
420 KB
420 KB JPG
>>2020191
кaк этo нe кpyтo? cтpитeц жив, cцyкoъ!
>>
>>2020191
the coolest way to ride a bike is to just ride without the bells and whistles. zero bullshit on there. No helmet. Don't get a road bike. Dress like a normal person. don't try to have form or wear chamois. just ride the fuckin bike.
>>
>>2020525
cycling for you is a "lifestyle" that comes from youtube NJB videos and twitter arguments, of course any opinion that comes from the real world will sound ridiculous to you
>>
>>2020529
>Don't get a road bike
only part i don't agree with, due to their efficiency road bikes feel lighter and smoother to ride than any other kind of bike, just put fenders on it and it's perfect.
>>
>>2020532
absolutely obsessed
>>
>>2020529
>I'm not a cyclist I'm just a regular guy who happens to ride a bike
>*proceeds to invade cyclist discussions anyway and work overtime on shitting them up*
begone unracer scum
>>
>>2020532
>building up a person in his head with no basis
I've been cycling all my life. I learnt to drive last year (my 52nd year), because we moved to the countryside and rarely use my car apart from to travel a large distance or to carry large items. My son graduated to a derailleur geared bike before the age of 5. I'm a long way from being a "caver". You need to either seek help and (probably have sex) or maybe just keep seething for my amusement.
>>
>>2020551
it's another "flyover urbanist gets sick of pretending not to hate cities and flees to cage country but still can't resist telling city people how to live" episode

in another year you'll be screeching about how "citycucks" are delusional because they don't load up on six month's worth of hoarder goods per walmart run
>>
>>2020552
>flyover
>walmart
As I said, seek help. Or just keep making me laugh.
>>
>>2020390
> known to cause prostate, spine and neck issues
> healthy
Suuure.
>>
>>2020550
this isn't a cyclist thread you retard. this is "HoW aM I sUpPoSeD tO LoOk CooL oN a BiKe!!!???" thread. and for that, you come to me. not some stick up his ass cyclist attention whore road burden like yourself.
>>
>>2020539
the problem is that they look gay and tryhard. you can ride em if you want. but you're gonna look ripe for a stabbing like Ryan Carson was to the colored types.
>>
>>2020565
i don't know a single person who has had those issues and most people i know have been cycling their entire life. sedentary living seems way more harmful with regards to heart issues and clogged arteries etc.
>>2020575
matter of taste i guess, also i'm not american so not worried about being shanked/shot for cycling
>>
File: coolbike.jpg (140 KB, 619x930)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
Cool / Bicycle / Go fast

pick any two
>>
File: IMG_0055.jpg (231 KB, 1102x538)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
bikes are cool if you remember the schwerin stingray and the occ version

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.