[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: jon-stewart-1930889772.jpg (141 KB, 1440x907)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
Jon Stewart is facing online backlash after the comedian opined on air this week that Donald Trump’s civil real estate case for overvaluing his properties was “not victimless” — when it turns out the price of a previous home sale finds Stewart doing the exact same thing, The Post has learned.

On Monday night, Stewart, 61, unpacked Trump’s $454 million appeal bond, calling out experts framing the former president’s New York civil case as not causing direct harm to any individual. “The Daily Show” host rolled a clip of CNN’s Laura Coates interviewing “Shark Tank” star Kevin O’Leary, who commented that the ruling didn’t “go over well” with the real estate industry that was now fretting over the possibility of becoming the next target. Coates responds to O’Leary by highlighting that Trump was found liable for falsifying business records in the second degree, issuing false financial statements, insurance fraud and conspiracy, all due to asset inflation. “Everything that you just listed off is done by every real estate developer everywhere on Earth in every city. This has never been prosecuted,” O’Leary replied.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/27/real-estate/jon-stewart-found-to-have-overvalued-his-nyc-home-by-829/
>>
In response, Stewart asked: “How is he not this mad about overvaluations in the real world?” “Because they are not victimless crimes,” he said. To further his point, Stewart argued that “money isn’t infinite. A loan that goes to the liar doesn’t go to someone who’s giving a more honest evaluation. So the system becomes incentivized for corruption.”

Stewart also contended that failing to declare a higher market value on a property, while paying taxes based on a lower assessed value, constitutes fraudulent behavior. “The attorney general of New York knew that Trump’s property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties,” Stewart added. “It was all part of a very specific real estate practice known as lying.” But it didn’t take long for internet sleuths to look into Stewart’s own property history, which shows an overvaluation of his New York City penthouse by a staggering 829%, records confirmed by The Post reveal.

In 2014, Stewart sold his 6,280-square-foot Tribeca duplex to financier Parag Pande for $17.5 million. The property’s asking price at that time is not available in listing records. But according to 2013-2014 assessor records obtained by The Post, the property had the estimated market-value at only $1.882 million. The actual assessor valuation was even lower, at $847,174.
>>
trump army sure is looking for a fight
>>
Records also show that Stewart paid significantly lower property taxes, which were calculated based on that assessor valuation price — precisely what he called Trump out for doing in his Monday monologue. Pande, who purchased the penthouse from Stewart, then resold the property at a nearly 26% loss, according to the Real Deal — at just over $13 million — in 2021.

Stewart’s reps did not respond to The Post’s request for comment.

Meanwhile, the New York assessor valuation on Stewart’s former penthouse is the exact same citation method and metric that New York Attorney General Letitia James used to value Trump’s private and personal properties, and then sued him for inflating those assets. This includes Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, known as his main residence, which was assessed at only $18 million at the time. Real estate brokers had valued the property at 50 times more than that amount.

Same for his private 200-acre New York family estate in Westchester, which was assessed between $30 million and $56 million. Trump had valued the property, known as Seven Springs, at $261 million.

Last month, Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron ordered Trump to pay $355 million — and temporarily banned him from doing business in the state — relying heavily on the assessed valuations of the properties to determine the ruling. The $454 million bond to appeal the ruling marks the highest bond ever recorded in United States history against a single individual.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>>1282237
>Stewart also contended that failing to declare a higher market value on a property, while paying taxes based on a lower assessed value, constitutes fraudulent behavior.
Surely this Jew knows the government employee that does tax assessment valuations performs this duty and not every individual.

Even people that don't own property should know that, and Lord Schlomo definitely owns property.
>>
You definitionally can't overvalue something in a sale. Something's value is what someone is willing to pay for it.

As for the lower price against which he paid taxes, it was based on an old assessment and he wasn't the assessor. So he wasn't undervaluing shit either.

Also he merged 2 units into a penthouse and renovated both in the process, so no shit the price went up from when he bought it at.

And the idea there's anything wrong because the person that bought it then later sold it at a loss is just insane and would criminalize selling to shitty owners, bad negotiators, and anyone unfortunate to get caught in swings in the property market.

In summary, this isn't a legit news story, and anyone that thinks it is should seek medical help.

>But Trump
Borrowed against estimates that conflicted with values he was using elsewhere and lied about material facts about his properties like floor size in financial filings. Nobody's complaining that Trump charged too much for his shit in a sale because nobody's dumb enough to buy Trump's properties from him at the prices he claims they're worth.

For actual fuck's sake, when you do whataboutism, the shit you're whataboutisming about is supposed to be remotely comparable. Flipping property is legal and not financial fraud.
>>
>>1282246
rightwinger's feelings won't care about your facts, sadly
>>
>>1282246
For /pol/tards the tl;dr on this is Jon Stewart did not commit any illegal acts, where Donald Trump did. Easy to mix those up if you're stupid
>>
Interesting how a story reporting on Stewart commenting on the republicans cover for Trump's crimes is deleted >>1281870
But this is allowed because it's a Fox News hit job on him.
Conservative biased much?
>>
>>1282256
>For /pol/tards the tl;dr on this is Jon Stewart did not commit any illegal acts, where Donald Trump did. Easy to mix those up if you're stupid

do mean this person? >>1282244

He does seem to be of inferior IQ, and should not put his dna into the genetic pool.
>>
DNC DEFENSE FORCE
ASSEMBLE!!
>>
>>1282283
your hugbox awaits you
>>
>>1282235
as a loyal democrat voter, Jon Stewart isnt scary and doesnt make me angry when he does things. but trump makes me very angry and scared when he does things.
We should just stop talking about Jon Stewart.
>>
>>1282285
as an observer of the fact that you're upset, lol
>>
>>1282235
Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz
>>
>>1282239
>Stewart’s reps did not respond to The Post’s request for comment.

That Britbong late night talk show host (the Lefty one, not the funny one) did the same a few years ago, paying only a fraction of the property taxes on a NY high class apartment.
>>
>>1282292
wow you really showed the very openly jewish comedian who regularly makes jew jokes, and does impressions of old jews.
>>
>>1282275
What’s happening here is Pool, Jacob, and other critics attacking Stewart are conflating three different types of real estate values. Whether that’s being done through an innocent mistake or a deliberate effort to spread misinformation, we’ll leave it to the reader to decide, but they’re confusing 1) the actual market value of a property, or what someone would be willing to pay for it, 2) the property’s taxable value as assessed by a governmental agency property appraiser, and 3) documentation about a property’s value submitted to a lender for the purposes of securing a loan.

Trump got in trouble for committing fraud regarding that third category, the information the Trump Org submitted to lenders to secure loans. Among the misrepresentations, perhaps the most egregious was the “tripling of the size of the Trump Tower Penthouse,” which Judge Arthur Engoron noted in his scathing ruling was an undeniable and indefensible falsehood.

Stewart’s condo in a trendy Tribeca neighborhood with deluxe accommodations that attracted other celebrity residents is, umm, quite a bit more posh and more than five times larger than my “fixer-upper,” but New York law granted him similar types of property tax breaks, and the property appraiser’s assessed valuation was both a public record accessible to the buyer and a number over which Stewart had no control.

You tRunts should know by now that if you read a story that seems to give you some kind of a victory, it's just a lie that will blow up in your face within hours...
Of course They don't read the articles anyway. Just the headline, and most of the time not even that.
>>
>>1282296
Why'd he change the name?
>>
>>1282298
why does anyone americanize their name
>>
>>1282298
It's a stage name. It's pretty common in acting that if you have a weird sounding name you'll change it to something that will look better on a billboard.

For example Olivia Wilde's given name is Olivia Cockburn. Pretty understandable as a model you wouldn't want Cockburn on the front page of Sports Illustrated.
>>
>>1282302
Back in the day the SI swimsuit edition was a major source of friction burns to the penis.
>>
>>1282298
>Why'd he change the name?
Fell out with his father.
>>
>>1282300
To hide.
>>
oh no
the online backlash
this is news
>>
>>1282297
thats a lot of bullshit little man.
So you are saying he defrauded the bank? Cause they are happy.. they want to give him more loans...
>3) documentation about a property’s value submitted to a lender for the purposes of securing a loan.
So he defrauded a lender?? No.. the lenders are all happy....
There is NO fraud. The only fraud is the fact that this case is on a docket.
>>
>>1282388
Happiness isn't a measure of whether or not you've been lied to.
>>
>>1282388
I like watching this chud come to grips with the reality that Trump is going to have to pay his fine like any convict.
>>
>>1282302
Why would someone want to sound less Jewish? I thought he was proud. What a weird way to show your pride, by erasing your last name and respelling your middle one. Huh.
>>
>>1282754
if you're wondering, passive aggressive antisemitism still isn't flattering
>>
>>1282755
What is anti anything about what I said?

You sound sensitive. Do you have something about yourself you want to share?
>>
>>1282754
>I thought he was proud
Taking pride in your ancestry is weird. Doubly so if you hate them. Anyway, it's not a stage name and he didn't do it to hide his Jewishness. It's his legal name. He changed it decades ago.

>>1282756
>You sound sensitive
You sound like a cuck. If you can't say what you mean, you aren't really worth listening to.
>>
>>1282757
So, if you change your name legally that is different than a stage name? Why would someone do that?
>>
>>1282758
the better question is why are we entertaining your dumb ass
>>
>>1282758
>if you change your name legally that is different than a stage name?
Yes? Damn, did those branches on the ugly tree also give you brain damage?

>Why would someone do that?
Dislike of his father. He has said as much.
>>
>>1282759
Who is "we?" How many of you are there? Why are you so upset?
>>
>>1282760
Damn, I hope you can get over being Jewish some day. Sorry.
>>
>>1282761
>How many of you are there?
At least 2.
>Why are you so upset?
Just lamenting that someone like you has to suffer life. It's like looking at a severe burn victim, but you're just stupid, ugly, and dickless.

>>1282763
>Damn, I hope you can get over being Jewish some day.
And delusional. I'm Christian, m8. I hope your suffering ends someday.
>>
>>1282764
Being Jewish is a choice. Jon chose not to be I guess. I understand now, thanks!
>>
>>1282756
>What is anti anything about what I said?
>>1282763
>I hope you can get over being Jewish some day.

Your cuck mask needs new tape. It seems to have slipped.

>>1282765
>Jon chose not to be I guess
I'm legitimately not sure if he's a practicing Jew, but yes, it is a choice at least as far as the Jewish faith goes. It's also an ethnicity to which he belongs though. Not that that has anything to do with what I said. Seriously, with the brain damage with you.
>>
>>1282766
So, it's anti-Jew to say someone changed their name and that's their choice to do so? Okay, I guess I'm that then. It's not an ethnicity just because people like to inbreed, by the way.
>>
>>1282768
why are you so anti yourself. just be a nazi faggot for us
>>
>>1282766
A cuckhold is someone who likes to see their own significant other get fucked. I don't believe this is a full-fledged kink message board yet, so I don't know why you keep bring your own proclivities into this, but I am happy to discuss.
>>
>>1282769
Could you get "Jon L." to self-report first?
>>
>>1282772
why
>>
>>1282773
I want my "moment of zen."

I enjoy Leibowitz's comedy, he's GOOD.

He says what we're all thinking.
>>
>>1282771
Gets off to seeing the person you hold dear get defiled. Gets off to seeing the opinions you hold dear get defiled. Same shit. You have zero pride so you deny yourself. Role-playing as a normal person is just cuck play for you since you can't pull a lover. When you go back to your own lonely life, you'll embrace your positions again, but for now you can't touch them. You're a cuck.

Everyone that acts like you is a spineless cuck. I genuinely can't imagine wearing a mask in public like you do. We know it isn't for your reputation since this is anonymous, so it must just be your kink. It's RPing for you. Frankly I wish you'd take it elsewhere. You reek of cum and sadness.
>>
>>1282794
You're projecting a lot. I don't know anything about you outside of your love of Leibowitz. I'm proud of the legendary comedian Jon Leibowitz and hope one day he can go back to his roots.
>>
>>1282795
>You're projecting a lot
Nah, just holding up a mirror for you.

>I'm proud of the legendary comedian Jon Leibowitz
There's that sad cum smell again.
>>
>>1282801
Why do you know how cum smells?
>>
>>1282802
>Why do you know how cum smells?
Cause my dick works. Why don't you?

Damn, you really ARE dickless, lmao.
>>
>>1282803
You sniff it?

Wow.

Amazin'!
>>
>>1282804
You aren't helping your case here that you aren't dickless.

You're doing a better job of humiliating you than I am.
>>
>>1282805
I don't even understand the implication. You are saying I cut my dick off or my dick is so le small that it might as well not exist? What is the insult?
>>
I wonder how jews came by the name Lieberman in the first place?
I'm sure there's a story there, but I'm not sure what it is.
>>
Great line here:
>Stewart argued that “money isn’t infinite. A loan that goes to the liar doesn’t go to someone who’s giving a more honest evaluation. So the system becomes incentivized for corruption.”
This shows a basic lack of how money and loans work. Thanks Jon. Like WTF?
>>
>>1282817
dont admit that youve never been outside your moms basement, anon. it's not a good look
>>
>>1282834
Even if I haven't left my mom's basement, I still understand how fiat currency works.
>>
>>1282836
Clearly not if you think anyone but the Fed can print money. The money available for loans from banks comes from a finite pool of funds. A dollar to client A cannot go to client B and vice versa.

If you think banks have infinite money, maybe look up what a bank run is.
>>
>>1282837
Hahahaha! OK.
I took exactly 4 seconds to search up a primer for your retarded ass that you won't read and since you're retarded won't even understand it if you do read it retard.
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/022416/why-banks-dont-need-your-money-make-loans.asp
What a retard you are. You're so retarded you can't even comprehend how retarded you are.
>>
>>1282838
>Linking me to a primer on fractional reserve banking
>Something which doesn't invalidate the point at all and in fact directly relates to why fucking bank runs happen
Motherfucker, stop being a fuckwit.
>>
>>1282839
Why would customers withdraw their money creating a bank run due to loans and how does that impact loans in modernity?
>I-it doesn't
OK then. Thanks for continuing your retardation.
>>
>>1282847
>Why would customers withdraw their money creating a bank run due to loans

>Bank deposits are usually of a relatively short-term duration, and may be "at call", while loans made by banks tend to be longer-term, resulting in a risk that customers may at any time collectively wish to withdraw cash out of their accounts in excess of the bank reserves.

>A bank run or run on the bank occurs when many clients withdraw their money from a bank, because they believe the bank may fail in the near future. In other words, it is when, in a fractional-reserve banking system (where banks normally only keep a small proportion of their assets as cash), numerous customers withdraw cash from deposit accounts with a financial institution at the same time because they believe that the financial institution is, or might become, insolvent.

You are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>1282974
God you can't even understand what you're reading.
What a fucking retard. Thanks for replying with slop though. I appreciate it, asshat.
>>
>>1282976
I'll try to put this in baby terms for you.

Banks can't print money. When banks lend people money, they have less money on hand. When they have less money on hand, they might not be able to fulfill obligations, like giving people their money back. When they might not be able to give people their money back, people get scared and try to take their money out. When people get scared and try and take their money out, it causes a bank run. When there's a bank run, it causes a bank failure.

Banks do not have infinite money, you absolute buffoon. Stop embarrassing yourself. So yeah, when they lend money to fraudster A, that means honest customer B might not be able to get a fucking loan. Cause banks don't like to fail, even though it happens a few times a year anyway.
>>
>>1282235
>>1282237
stewart is mad because the banks lost money on interest and stewart is jewish so he worships the banks
>>
>>1282847
>Why would customers withdraw their money creating a bank run due to loans
Inflation.
> and how does that impact loans in modernity
The value of a loan is dependent on the value of fiat currency. If account holders believe that they will be unable to acquire their money, or if they want to escape inflation by way of turning currency into physical assets, they will initiate a bank run.
Loans are issued so long as they are profitable. If they are not profitable, they will not be granted.
>>
>>1283111
>Loans are issued so long as they are profitable
Banks have a minimum threshold for liquidity, a fractional reserve if you will. Loans are issued so long as they are profitable and they don't put the bank at a level of risk the bank doesn't deem acceptable.

Course some shady banks ignore this limit, and others underestimate where it should be.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.