[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1711314297036349.webm (1.91 MB, 346x270)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB WEBM
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2024/04/01/turley_democrats_have_created_this_false_narrative_that_biden_has_to_receive_money_directly_for_it_to_be_bribery_or_corruption.html
Democrats Have Created This False Narrative That Biden Had To Receive Money Directly For It To Be Bribery Or Corruption
GWU law professor Jonathan Turley comments on the "taunting" response from the Biden White House to Congressional Republicans' impeachment inquiry regarding the overseas business, this week on the "FOX News Sunday" panel.

"The president stands contradicted. I mean, he clearly lied when he said he had no knowledge of his son's business dealings. He was also clearly aware of and influence-peddling scheme and was the focus of it," Turley said. "What the Democrats have done successfully is create this false narrative he has to receive money directly for this to be corruption or bribery."

JONATHAN TURLEY: I thought was quite shocking to see the level of taunting of the House. This was one of the most important things that the Congress and the president could be involved in, an impeachment inquiry. And actually, when I testified in the Biden impeachment hearing I noted that [WH counsel's office spokesman Ian] Sams and others might be tripping some wires here. This is what got the Nixon White House in trouble, when the White House counsel and other offices got involved in the narrative.

There are serious questions here. There are 10 questions presented here. But he does not appear to answer them.

But the president stands contradicted. I mean, he clearly lied when he said he had no knowledge of his son's business dealings. He was also clearly aware of and influence-peddling scheme and was the focus of it. But what the Democrats have done successfully is create this false narrative that he has to receive money directly for this to be corruption or bribery. Federal courts have rejected that. They have said repeatedly that money going to family members is corruption.
>>
But are they going to answer these questions? No, the president would rather drink molten lead and answer any one of these questions. Should he? Of course, he should, because he stands contradicted and the public has a right to know.

Hunter Biden's former business partner Tony Bobulinski accused Democratic Reps. Jamie Raskin and Dan Goldman of lying on behalf of the Bidens at a House Oversight Committee hearing on Wednesday. The full hearing (ongoing as of publication of this clip) is available below
>>
the mods sure let you post a lot of threads
>>
>>1283703
3?
I'm sure you have many more active threads right now
>>
When MTG filed articles of impeachment the day Republicans took back the House, that was a signal to everyone that this is not a serious inquiry, House Republicans don't actually care what happened, and the entire thing is just a farce to generate negative headlines on Republican friendly websites for Biden.
Maybe if they focused on actually investigating accusations of wrongdoing instead of running with every 'gotcha' they come across, real or imagined, so they can go on Fox and OANN and howl about corruption, people would take the inquiry more seriously.
>>
>>1283706
i don't post threads, i'm not schizophrenic. i'm just here to bemuse myself with your rampant mental illness at this point
>>
>>1283708
did you not see biden do exactly what they impeached trump for on video with ukraine asking for a quid pro quo? What do you mean just a farse? Remember the emails where "pedo pete" got 10% for the big guy?? Are you paying attention? If not why comment? Go read up lil guy.
>>
>>1283714
you need new lies bud
>>
>>1283714
Good post. Accurate.
>>1283715
Very, very misinformed opinion
>>
Blog post written by the lawyer who damage controlled every crime Trump has done, including his failed coup.
Not news
>>
>>1283714
>did you not see biden do exactly what they impeached trump for on video with ukraine asking for a quid pro quo?
No. When did that happen?
>What do you mean just a farse?
I mean whether or not Biden committed any crime was irrelevant and the purpose was never anything more than producing negative headlines for him and creating a narrative of "See? Biden got impeached too!" to make Trump's impeachments seem less significant. Ironically, by having this mentality, they've seen to it that any real malfeasance by Biden will be ignored. Think "The Boy Who Cried Wolf".
>Remember the emails where "pedo pete" got 10% for the big guy?
I remember the supposed screenshot that was going around from Hunter's phone listing "Pedo Pete" as a contact had "Dad" as a contact as well, meaning even if it was real it wasn't Joe.
>Are you paying attention? If not why comment? Go read up lil guy.
Based on your spergings, I'm fairly confident I'm more informed on this than you.
>>
>>1283725
>No. When did that happen?
>Acting like you didn't see the video of Biden bragging about it
Honk honk
>>
>>1283737
we know you know we know you're lying, but you still lie
>>
>>1283737
bragging about the thing he was sent to do by the president of the US and backed by most EU countries.
The thing he didn't do on his own initiative that did the opposite of what your conspiracy claims it does.
The fake bullshit used to rile up conservative morons. That video?
>>
>>1283697
This .webm made me cry.
>>
>>1283714
>did you not see biden do exactly what they impeached trump for on video with ukraine asking for a quid pro quo?
>>1283737
>Acting like you didn't see the video of Biden bragging about it
Feel free to post the video of Biden threatening to withhold funds approved by Congress unless a foreign power launched an investigation into his political opponent
You know, that thing Trump got impeached for doing.
>>
>>1283745
The president actually has that power.
The VP does not have the ability to make threats to withhold funds if a prosecutor isn't fired.
>>
>>1283752
No, the president actually doesn't have the power to withhold funds approved by Congress unless foreign nations manufacture dirt on his political opponent.
That's why Trump got impeached.
Still waiting for that video link of Biden doing the thing that Trump got impeached.
>>
>>1283752
>The VP does not have the ability to make threats to withhold funds if a prosecutor isn't fired.
Lol this is a lie and you know it.
A VP can make threats all they want. Anyone who is able to communicate can threaten others.

Your trying to argue that his threat was a bluff.
>>
>>1283697
nice blogshit faggot
>>
>>1283752
In point of fact, the president cannot legally withhold funds issued by Congress. Congress controls the power of the purse.

Also, in point of fact, the funds weren't withheld.

Also also, in point of fact, Biden issued the threat at the behest of Obama's state department, and the VP, as a an officer of the executive, is empowered/allowed to perform tasks for the president. They're basically considered an executive gopher when they aren't passing the tie-breaking vote in the Senate, which is virtually all the time. If they weren't, they'd have fuck all to do. There's a reason it was traditionally considered like the weakest job you could pigeonhole someone into to kill their career for much of our history. The VP is a goddamn errand boy/girl.
>>
>>1283786
>In point of fact, the president cannot legally withhold funds issued by Congress
In point of fact, vice president Joe Biden made that threat regardless
>>
>>1283789
No he didn't, you're taking an out of context clip from a CFR dinner which was debunked years ago and pretending it's the basis for a conspiracy theory.
>>
>>1283786
>In point of fact, the president cannot legally withhold funds issued by Congress. Congress controls the power of the purse.
Sure he can when it comes to foreign nations.
>>
>>1283793
new lies
>>
>>1283791
Biden legitimately made that threat, and you know it. it was never "debunked", what occurred was an attempt to explain away why it was ok he made that threat and why it wasn't the corruption that it very much appears to be
>>
>>1283795
only to shill faggots would getting rid of corruption be corruption
>>
>>1283794
Incorrect. You've never heard of impoundment?
You don't know about Pakistan foreign aid?
You've gobbled the cocks of the news jews?
Yes to all three? Read a book, faggot.
>>
>>1283798
where did that come from? have you given up on the topic
>>
>>1283796
>faggots would getting rid of corruption be corruption
Please learn better English, Colon Ramdeep
>>
>>1283711
i throw peanuts at him and he flings shit back at me.
>>
>>1283697
Lmao holy fuck look at Biden in that op
Dude isn't even cognizant
>>
>>1283697
I cant believe Saudi Arabia gave Hunter $2B
>>
>>1283752
the vice president can, however, communicate the position the US is taking in certain matters. he didnt have the power to do it unilaterally, and the stance taken to potentially withhold aid didnt come from him
>>
>>1283799
No. I'm saying you're completely wrong.
Foreign aid was withheld to Pakistan by the president in the past and other times.
The president has the power to withhold aid.
The funds allocated by congress then go to impoundment.
You're retarded and you're dragging every down with your bullshit.
>>
>>1283859
True, and president Obama would have the ability to withhold aid.
However, it's pretty shady they wanted a prosecutor fired who was investigating his son.
>>
>>1283857
and now (((he's))) talking about developing the Gaza strip as water front property, and suggested Israel should remove civilians while it “cleans up” the strip. Many many shekels ₪ to make there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-KrK7NUMtw
>>
>>1283857
Well, unlike hunter, that's an investment account at a hedge fund, it has to be given back eventually
>>
>>1283912
>Our 2 billion dollar bribe doesn't count
This is why you faggots are despised
>>
>>1283914
Leave it to a homeless, fentanyl smoking leftist to think opening a bank account is bribing the banker
>>
>>1283921
Ad hominem. I wonder why
>>
>>1283924
>>1283924
Your statement implies opening a bank account is paying a bribe to a bank

It's not my fault you say the dumb things you say
>>
>>1283929
so now you're pretending he didn't get 2 billion dollars from saudis
>>
>>1283933
don't talk about that.
>>
>>1283912
>Hedge funds typically charge an annual asset management fee of 1 percent to 2 percent of assets as well as a “performance fee” of 20 percent of a hedge fund's profit
>>
>>1283874
>it's pretty shady they wanted a prosecutor fired who was investigating his son
the investigation was shelved at that point, and Hunter Biden didnt work at Burisma during the period of time the investigation was targeting
>>
>>1283933
The Saudis opened an investment account valued at 2 billion, yes.

Are you aware of the concept of an account? You probably live in a tent and probably had all your bank accounts closed down long ago for repeatedly overdrafting them, but surely you remember the concept, no?
>>
>>1283950
>Biden didnt work at Burisma during the period of time the investigation was targeting
Oh look he did
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/09/world/europe/corruption-ukraine-joe-biden-son-hunter-biden-ties.html
>>
>>1283973
>Hunter Biden, 45, a former Washington lobbyist, joined the Burisma board in April 2014. That month, as part of an investigation into money laundering, British officials froze London bank accounts containing $23 million that allegedly belonged to Mr. Zlochevsky.
so an investigation into the company had already started before hunter started working there, which is what i said

>But after Ukrainian prosecutors refused to provide documents needed in the investigation
the ukrainian prosecutor was stifling the investigation, the same one the US and most EU countries wanted removed
>>
>>1283973
>Oh look he did
No. He didn't. The investigation was into the owner, Mykola Zlochevsky, using his position in government to illegally funnel government contracts to Burisma. Mykola Zlochevsky stopped being the Ukraine's Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources April 20th, 2012, and was out of government completely by February 26th, 2014. Hunter Biden started at Burisma May 12, 2014.

There was zero fucking overlap between when the investigation was targeting and when Hunter worked there.

You're deliberately conflating when the investigation was open and when it was targeting to make Hunter look involved which is on the level of saying someone should be a bank robbery suspect because they patronized the bank the next month. Fucking lying sack of shit.
>>
>>1283983
look chud, this isn't complicated. biden is a traitor, you're a traitor, and you both are going down. what that means, well, we shall see. the day of the rope is coming
>>
>>1283985
>the chud is calling other people 'chud' now in a desperate attempt to deflect
cute
>>
>>1283983
>There was zero fucking overlap between when the investigation was targeting and when Hunter worked there.
There was 100% overlap when Biden coerced Ukraine by threatening to withhold funding into firing the lead prosecutor investigating the company who was paying his son to protect them

The investigation was literally the reason the owner hired hunter
>>
>>1283992
get new lies
>>
>>1283993
Lmao those are facts and you know it

Literally the only thing being disputed is the reason why Joe coerced ukraine into firing it's prosecutor
>>
>>1283996
just get new lies ok
>>
>>1283998
Oh wow you really ran out of canned approved responses, didn't you Gupta?
>>
>>1283999
and stop being racist toward indians, they're your shill partners, remember
>>
>>1284000
I have plenty of Indian coworkers, but my line of work is quite a bit more technical than shilling and often requires a grad degree
>>
>>1284003
a new lie. i like it anon. more of that
>>
>>1283992
then why did Ukrainian prosecutors refuse to provide documents needed in the British investigation into Burisma?
>>
>>1284007
Maybe they were working up charges on the Joe biden's son and his employer and wanted to keep it confidential
>>
>>1284030
maybe you're a faggot shill
>>
>>1284003
>but my line of work is quite a bit more technical

>Hi Saib, how can i help today?
My phone service is bad.
>Did you not try going outside saib?
I am outside.
>then go inside, sahib.
>have a good day, sahib and remember to push *10 to rate my replies top drawers
>>
>>1284031
Lookat good ole Pajmeet Rimjeet calling other people shills.
Indian scammers should be put to death.
>>
>>1284121
why would you say that about yourself anon
>>
>>1284122
>N-no U, saaar
>>
>>1284124
yes you
>>
>>1284132
ESL bloody bitch bastard doesn't even know when someone's name-calling him. You hate to see it.
>>
>>1283992
>The investigation was literally the reason the owner hired hunter
So the investigation wasn't into whether Hunter did illegal shit. Hunter was brought on to cover up illegal shit.

And the proof of that is Biden called for a prosecutor that wasn't even fucking working on the case when Hunter was hired to be fired over a year and a half later?

Also, Ukraine fucking convicted Mykola Zlochevsky just last god damn year under the fucking Biden presidency while Ukraine is entirely dependent on US aid, you dumbshit lunatic.
>>
>>1284149
>So the investigation wasn't into whether Hunter did illegal shit. Hunter was brought on to cover up illegal shit
Right, how do you not get this?
>
And the proof of that is Biden called for a prosecutor that wasn't even fucking working on the case when Hunter was hired to be fired over a year and a half later
Do you not realize that an investigation is not a point in time thing, but long running? Yes, it was active for more than a year and a half.
>Ukraine fucking convicted Mykola Zlochevsky just last god damn year under the fucking Biden presidency while Ukraine is entirely dependent on US aid, you dumbshit lunatic.
So justice was delayed nearly a decade after the original prosecutor was fired? Sounds like Mykola Zlochevsky made a good choice bringing on hunter biden
>>
>>1284194
Don't forget about his penis
>>
>>1284030
is that really the best you could come up with?
>>
How much does Shareblue pay people to Correct The Record (tm) (no the T in the normally wouldn't be capitalized, but that's how CTR wants it) these days? More or less than a tranny janny?
>>
>>1284194
>Do you not realize that an investigation is not a point in time thing, but long running?
It isn't actually. Burisma was subject to 17 separate criminal investigations by Ukraine over the past few years with them popping up and closing all the time.

Also, how the fuck was a US VP supposed to fucking shield a corrupt Ukrainian businessman (who fled to fucking Russia a few months after Hunter was hired and was there when Biden made his statement) from prosecution?

Would you go to Kamala for jack shit?

>So justice was delayed nearly a decade after the original prosecutor was fired?
He wasn't the original prosecutor. He was the third prosecutor just for that case. Why didn't Biden interfere in the other 16? Why didn't he get the other prosecutors fired?

Seriously, you have no idea what was going on in Ukraine, no idea how US politics work, and no understanding of the material facts of the investigations. Hiring a US VP's son did not and could not make the Burisma owner's problems go away.
>>
>>1284276
Are you a time traveler?
>>
>>1284279
Why aren't you answering the question?
>>
>>1284277
>They didn't know how useless Joe was and took his threats seriously
Summarized.
>>
>>1284281
No one left alive knows what you're talking about, old man. I'll have to look up what you're referencing in old newspaper articles.
>>
>>1284286
You must be eighteen or older to post here. Come back in nine years since the original wave of Shareblue shilling was in 2015, so if you don't remember it you should be about nine now, and you'll be eighteen in 2033.
>>
>>1284284
>They didn't know how useless Joe was and took his threats seriously
Except they didn't? Ukraine got the money and the prosecutor wasn't fired until months later.

Also if the head of Burisma thought hiring Hunter could protect him, why the fuck did he flee to Russia?
>>
>>1284293
>>>/t/the_Donald
>>
>>1284295
So you're saying Joe lied? Ah, slowly you begin to wake up...
>>
>>1284353
waking up every morning to desperate retards trying to keep a debunked conspiracy theory alive years after its been definitively investigated and debunked.
Comer and his impeachment squad gave this up years ago, and they've been scrabbling for any dirt they can.
>>
>>1284356
>Debunked
When and where?
>B-but the feds that all voted for Joe investigated themselves and said it was all fine
Uh huh.
>>
>>1284353
>So you're saying Joe lied?
Yes. Joe lied when he said the aid would be withheld. Lying is a part of international negotiations/politics.

What is wrong with you that you think politicians are honest? Lying generally makes someone a better politicians. The last president is under indictment for all the fraud. Hell, you can even get elected purely based on lies like that former House rep ALSO under indictment for all the fraud.

Lying liars lie.
>>
>>1284356
>Debunked
And here I was thinking 4chan had lost its sense of humour.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.