[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>It turns out a company with $4 million in revenue and $58 million in losses might not be worth $8 billion, after all.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-loses-dollar1-billion-as-his-media-companys-stock-plunges

Trump Media’s inexplicable ascent came crashing down on Monday, as shares of the social media firm plunged more than 21 percent, knocking roughly $ 1 billion off former President Donald Trump’s net worth.

Despite the precipitous drop, his 57 percent stake in the business is still worth over $3 billion.

The firm, which began trading last month after merging with a public shell company, has benefited from so-called “meme stock” investors who have driven up its share price despite its abysmal financial performance. In 2023, the company generated revenues of just $4.1 million and posted a loss of $58.2 million, according to public filings.

Even after Monday’s crash, the company is still worth over $6 billion on paper. Trump, who faces hundreds of millions of dollars in legal judgments, can’t yet sell his shares, due to a six-month lock-up provision for key company insiders.

Trump Media’s main product is Truth Social, a rival to X, the Elon Musk-owned platform formerly known as Twitter.

Republican presidential candidate and former U.S. President Donald Trump.

Donald Trump migrated to Truth Social after he was booted from Twitter over what the company called “the risk of further incitement of violence” following the Jan. 6, 2021 attack on the U.S. Capitol. Truth Social has had more than 9 million sign-ups since its inception, the company said in its filings, though it cautioned that its operations are not exactly sophisticated.

“Investors should be aware that since its inception, TMTG has not relied on any specific key performance metric to make business or operating decisions. Consequently, it has not been maintaining internal controls and procedures for periodically collecting such information, if any,” the filings said.
>>
Former Republican Congressman Devin Nunes serves as Trump Media’s CEO. The firm got a cash infusion of more than $300 million as part of its deal to go public. Without that money, it may have gone out of business, the filings acknowledged.

It remains to be seen whether Trump Media can maintain its lofty share price long enough for the former president to cash in. According to The New York Times, Trump Media is currently the most shorted stock on Wall Street.
>>
>>1283742
>According to The New York Times, Trump Media is currently the most shorted stock on Wall Street.
I'm doing my part! And enjoying the easiest money I've ever made doing it!
>>
>>1283747
Makes you wonder how much of the money from the stocks is Russian.
>>
>>1283750
In reality or in the minds of a Democrat?
>>
>>1283770
Donald J. Trump
>>
>>1283747
Are you the same guy who shorted Twitter stock after Elon bought it and took it private?
>>
>>1283741
>Even after Monday’s crash, the company is still worth over $6 billion on paper.
>On paper
Its active user base is tiny and it has worse advertisers than 4chan. Investors will have to use their stock certificates as toilet paper pretty soon since that’s all it will be good for.
>>
>>1283741
Sounds like its time to buy the dip
>>
>>1283803
It's basically reverse gamestop where the little guy used their money to stick it to the rich asshole.
Now the little guy is using their money to prop up the asshole.
>>
>>1283770
We can only discuss reality.
The minds of racist DemoKKKrats believe men can be women and kid fucking should be legal.
>>
>>1283770
>>1283817
Why do Republicans project so much?
>>
>>1283836
>implying the only reason you retards think he's in cahoots with the Russians is because he wanted to discuss things like an adult with Putin rather than throwing childish insults at him
That's the entirety of this nonsense in a nutshell, really. Once the "left" has decided it doesn't like you, you are 100% evil, bad and must be destroyed and anyone who doesn't fall in with this retardation is on the side of the person being targeted for destruction.
>Next you'll say something like "No that 's what YOU want because... because you're the one that does all the bad things!!!!!!
>>
>>1283846
Russia was spreading pro-trump propaganda during his run for office, and then Trump sucked him off publically at every opportunity. Trump may not have been involved directly, but you;d be a retard to completely ignore that possibility. doesnt help that his close allies did have direct ties to / contact with Russians
>>
>>1283849
But Putin didn't invade Ukraine until Biden gave him the green light to attack and destroy evidence of his corruption.
>>
>>1283850
>Republican cope
So why are Republicans siding with Russia against Ukraine while Biden is helping the Ukrainians?
>>
>>1283853
He's simply appealing to his base, NAFO trannies, now that the evidence has been destroyed.
>>
>>1283866
>Being this butthurt that Putin and Trump are getting BTFO by Ukraine.
>>
>>1283853
Why does Biden care about the Ukrainians?
>>
>>1283870
Point is, there was no Ukraine war until Biden was president.
Explain the collusion there.
>>
>>1283872
That's because Putin was banking on Trump getting re-elected and sabotaging NATO. When that didn't happen, Putin jumped the gun and it blew up in his face.
Notice how only Trump is trying force Ukraine to surrender their territory to Putin?
>>
>>1283853
Republicans are not siding with Russia against Ukraine.
>>
>>1283891
So let me get this straight, Putin's plan was to have Trump sabotage NATO to weaken European defense so he could invade Ukraine.
That plan didn't happen so he just invaded Ukraine?
Something seems off there pal. Especially since Trump was complaining about Nordstream and Eurotrash relying on Russian oil. Which Biden then blew up a few years later.
Your story doesn't hold water.
It's more likely corrupt Biden rigged the election, to take control of the presidency and allowed Putin to attack Ukraine to destroy evidence of his and other Democrat politician's corruption.
Now that makes sense.
>>
>>1283899
>That plan didn't happen so he just invaded Ukraine?
Biden got elected and he was going to strengthen NATO. Your schizo forced meme that Biden is on Putin's side isn't believed by anyone who isn't a shill like you.
Especially when Trump said he'd cut off Ukraine and give Putin everything he wants.
>>
>>1283901
>Was going to strengthen NATO
By crippling Europe by destroying their supply lines via blowing up Nordstream?
>>
>>1283901
At this point why shouldn't he? Are you planning to go fight in Ukraine yourself? It's not like they're going to win, and the US dumping more taxpayer money into it while our infrastructure collapses is retarded. Without full NATO intervention, and without US taxpayer money, Ukraine is going to lose. So unless you plan on joining the military, please shut the fuck up.

I don't give a fuck about Porkraine and and I don't give a shit about Russia. I care about the US and this country is struggling when it shouldn't.
The only think you people give a damn about is being contrarian about Russia because Trump said he'd be diplomatic with Putin. You've been seething about that ever since, just because ORANGE MAN BAD said it.
>>
>>1283907
Get in the golf cart
>>
>>1283915
I don't recognize this meme. Something from Reddit or Bunkerchan?
>>
Notice the chud's struggle to identify and categorize the meme he doesn't recognize with those of perceived political enemies.
>>
>>1283970
It's an /x/ meme. He's saying you should be sacrificed under a golf course to appease Satan.
>>
>>1283977
russia is an /x/ meme isn't it. good old rasputin
>>
>>1283980
Oh, I guess you were talking about Trump, not Golf Rumors.
>>
>>1283982
Donald J. Trump
>>
>>1283905
>Removing their dependence on Russian fuel is bad!
Okay Vatnik.
>>
>>1283907
They're currently fighting the Russians to stalemate without full US support because the Republicans betrayed the western alliance to Russian.
Ukraine had the upper hand with full US support.
Any real American should vote for the Democratic party and remove the Republican traitors from office to defeat the Russian scourge.

>Diplomacy
Trump outright said he'd betray Ukraine to the Russians by cutting off all funds and also force them into an unfavorable 'peace' deal that would effectively let Russian win.
No more Russian puppets like Trump.
>>
>>1284017
>They're currently fighting the Russians to stalemate without full US support because the Republicans betrayed the western alliance to Russian.
Can we take a moment to stop and recognize that you retards are using the same retarded rhetoric that was used to justify war in the middle east?

Why the fuck should anybody care about Ukraine, and why should I care what Russia does to anybody else?
>>
>>1284043
giving ukraine surplus gear so they don't get raped and genocided is an objectively good thing
>>
>>1284043
Because our oppressive eurofascist allies might be in danger causing them to grow testicles and reform their shitty fucking countries.
>>
>>1284045
>giving ukraine surplus gear so they don't get raped and genocided is an objectively good thing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_aid_to_Ukraine_during_the_Russo-Ukrainian_War
>$1 billion loan on 4 March 2014.
>$560 million on 12 May 2017 via the 2017 Consolidated Appropriations Act.
>$350 million on 12 December 2017 via the 2018 National Defense Authorization Act.
>$200 million on 20 July 2018.
>$200 million on 19 January 2022.
>$13.6 billion in combined military and humanitarian aid for "responding to the situation in Ukraine", via the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2022 on 15 March 2022.
>8 August 2022 the World bank announced a $4.5 billion grant from the United States government to the Ukrainian government, meant for funding social payments, healthcare services and pensions.
"""surplus gear"""
>>
>>1284043
>Aiding an ally from an aggressor state that wants to wipe you out, is the same as attacking and occupying a nation.
I remember watching Tim Pool make this argument before he got immediately BTFO
>>
>>1284048
>ukraine
>ally
Literally what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>1284049
>Admitting he's a Vatnik
And... you lost the debate.
>>
>>1284050
>you don't support the war in afghanistan? you a terrorist sympathizer or something?
Absolutely kill yourself.
>>
>>1284051
>Whataboutism
LOL, nice try vatnik
>>
>>1284052
>don't agree with me? you must be my enemy
Thanks Bush, great input.
>>
>>1283901
>Especially when Trump said he'd cut off Ukraine and give Putin everything he wants.
The twitter files revealed that the CIA and FBI were astroturfing for a war in Russia since 2018.
Either Trump didn't know what they were doing, or he did and he was lying about his intent to cut off Ukraine
>>
>>1284053
>I've been caught lying, deflect
Okay Vatnik
>>
>>1284055
>Twitter Files
That massive dud pushed by Musk to pander to Republicans that destroyed the credibility of everyone involved?
>>
>>1283905
>cut off Nordstream
>remove Russia's negotiating chip from the table
>force Europe to be dependent on American oil
Strategic shitposting.
>>
>>1284057
No, it was the revelation that forced democrats to lie about their fascistic desires to police free speech to """"protect democracy"""".
>>
it's always hilarious that russia shills are literally here posting
>>
Judge imposes gag order on Trump to prevent him from harassing the judge's daughter.

Trump immediately goes online and harasses the judge's daughter.

Nothing happens.

>two more weeks
>>
>>1284056
Not an argument, commie.
>>
>>1284059
So a massive nothing burger by Republicans and their billion owner like Elon Musk.
>>
>>1284062
I accept your surrender Russian fascist.
>>
From the authors of the New York Times sellers
>$300,000,000 to Ukraine is a Good Investment
and
>Misinformation Endangers Our Democracy 2: Vaccine Boogaloo
comes
>Twitter Files: Never Heard of Them!
>>
>>1284066
you're unironically citing the twitter files aren't you

get. new. lies.
>>
>>1284067
Congress, the FBI and CIA admitted they were real, don't even try.
>>
>>1284068
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-received-special-treatment-from-twitter-former-employee-says-2022-7
>>
>>1284069
Crazy how Trump is treated with kids glove every step of the way and he still claims he's the victim.
>>
>>1284069
>whattabout Trump
Thanks for agreeing with me, idiot.
>>
>>1284074
we agree trump benefitted from twitter like the twitter files said?
>>
>>1284069
You mean the president of the United States of America?
Why would Twitter do such a thing?
What a faggot you and Business Insider are.
>>
>>1284076
So it's okay for Elon Musk to show bias and break his own rules to benefit conservatives?
SHOCKING
>>
>>1284079
Musk? That was the Jack era you're complaining about. Are you like a retard or something?
>>
>>1284081
you're the one complaining though
>>
>>1284083
This, it also show it's even worse, because Jack had a conservative bias too and conservatives still have the audacity to whine.
>>
>>1284074
Yes what about Trump?
>>
>>1284075
Yes, idiot.
I literally said that the events of the Twitter files happened halfway through his presidency.
>>
>>1284043
To be entirely fair, that Anon is right, but not for any reasons related to Trump. Russia and China are the geopolitical enemies of all things Western and should be eliminated from the face of the Earth so that the rest of us can collectively live better lives. Simple as.
>>
What I'm not at all surprised by is the complete and utter implosion of the debate into shitflinging and calling everyone who doesn't toe the line a "Vatnik Sympathizer."
My other favorite point was the idiot who brought up that China is the enemy of the west, oh but except when Trump was trying to address China for four years straight. Orange Man Bad, that had to go. The US will never put up a united front ever again. It's population is completely divided and both sides will never cooperate with one another ever again. China and Russia will not have a fire a shot. They just have to wait for this place to dissolve into barbarism.
>>
>>1284095
I think it's funny that the Biden admin has named a trad orthodox regime the enemy of democracy.
>>
>>1284098
you're supposed to watch trump's actions, not listen to him. bannon is the most compromised chinese asset in the US
>>
>>1284099
how is that funny?
>>
>>1284100
Oh he's Chinese now? I thought he was Russian.
>>
>>1284102
he's an opportunist
>>
>>1284103
More like he's whatever boogeyman is most convenient for you, right?
>>
>>1284105
more importantly he needs your money. do you need a pair of gold shoes?
>>
>>1284106
No, and that Jew-loving, gun control-passing, crypto-Democrat can go fuck himself in the same shit-filled pit where you belong.
>>
>>1284101
His his campaign was predicated on progressive nonsense. It corresponds with his hatred of western traditionalism.
>>
>>1284118
russia is neo-orthodox if anything, communism and the oppression of the old believers rooted out orthodoxy a long time ago
>>
>>1284118
>>1284119
Russians are now fascists and represent the authoritarian threat that Trump has embraced
>>
>>1284125
>"Everyone I Don't Like is Fascist: A Retard's Guide to Geopolitics."
>>
>>1284126
Not everyone but you definitely are
>>
>>1284138
good post
>>
>>1284138
Does that mean you don't like me? :(
>>
>>1284126
No, Evangelicals are theocratic and a threat to America's seperation between church and state like the Alabama Republican Supreme Court proved. However Trump and Russia are fascists.
Also interesting how you use another canned Russian response.
Really shows where you come from.
>>
>>1284167
>Evangelicals are theocratic
Except they don't worship the Christian god and don't want a Christian state.
>>
>>1284174
>my perfect form of Christianity has not been tried
>>
>>1284175
More like subverted.
>>
>>1284176
Keep moving the goalposts, it's all the same nonsense and should be taxed if they want to involved in the government business.
>>
>>1284179
> it's all the same nonsense
The hate speech laws, the anti-bds laws, the book bans etc aren't meant to benefit Christians anon.
Daily reminder that the difference between a conspiracy theory and reality is roughly eighteen months.
>>
>>1284182
Book bans are pushed by Christians, let's not pretend otherwise.
>>
>>1284098
>oh but except when Trump was trying to address China for four years straight
what did he do other than receive $15M from his formerly dormant chinese bank account and get 100s of chinese patents for his daughter?
>>
>>1284167
>Everyone who disagrees with me is a Russian
Sanest /news/fag.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.