[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why are women getting punched in the face on the streets of New York? What we know
NYPD has confirmed that at least two men have been arrested in connection with cases of punching in New York City.

https://www.today.com/today/amp/rcna145191

MARCH 27, 2024, 12:37 PM EDT / UPDATED APRIL 1, 2024, 3:31 PM EDT / SOURCE: TODAY
By Becca Wood
“Why are so many girls getting punched in the face in NYC?”

It’s a question being asked across social media platforms, as a series of videos of different women sharing stories of alleged attacks have gone viral, seemingly simultaneously. “I have seen no less than four of these in the last day WHAT is going on?” one commenter wrote on a video.

The stories share similarities. In front-facing camera videos, young women say they were punched in the face in broad daylight by unknown men while walking down the street. Many say they were on their phone at the time of the attack.

New York police confirmed to TODAY.com that one man has been arrested and charged with assault in one of the cases on March 28. NBC News reported that police made an arrest in another one of the incidents on March 27.

While police wouldn’t confirm that any of the incidents described in the TikTok videos are under investigation, they shared that the cases resemble those shared on social media.
>>
Overall crime in New York has fallen: Police reported a decrease in shootings, murders and other crimes, like grand larceny, as opposed to February of last year. But the attacks come amid a statistical rise in misdemeanor assault. According to crime statistics for this past week, misdemeanor assault is up 10.3% from this time last year, and it has gone up 15.7% in the past two years.

Caitlin Keith spoke to TODAY.com about an incident that took place in December 2023 that shares similarities with the recent viral stories, and the impact it had on her.

The 25-year-old explains that she made eye contact with a “young white male” while walking at 9 a.m. in the SoHo neighborhood of Manhattan. The man, who she describes as about 5-foot-10 and in his 20s, began following her down Broadway.

“At one point I felt him start running, so I moved all of the way over to my right and he came up to me on the left, spit all over my face and back and punched me in the left side of the face,” she says.

She says the event has changed her. “Since the incident, my boyfriend has noticed anytime anyone comes up on my sides behind me I freak out,” she says. “I get scared incredibly easily if I catch anyone in my peripherals or if I feel someone running behind me.”
>>
Ruby Zinner, 24, tells TODAY.com that she was punched in December by a tall white man in an orange construction vest, walking about near her building in Manhattan's Tribeca neighborhood.

Zinner explains that while she was alert enough to turn her face so he only hit her left side, the man then approached a girl walking behind her on her phone, punching her “square in the face.”

She tells TODAY.com the experience, while troubling, hasn’t made her want to leave New York. “I’d much rather live here than anywhere else, if we’re talking about safety. Because there’s a million people here and, in a way, that always has made me feel safer,” she says.

Savannah Guthrie said on TODAY on March 28 that the attacks have hit close to home for her.

“This happened to a very good friend of my who actually happened to be the former head of New York City transit — ran the subways — and she got punched in the face in broad daylight, about 15 months ago,” she said.

Below, some of these women spoke to TODAY.com, revealing details behind their experiences.
>>
women owe me sex
>>
>>1284131
>Ruby Zinner, 24, tells TODAY.com that she was punched in December by a tall white man in an orange construction vest
Based jew-hating dyke-puncher.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.