[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2024/04/11/gun-show-loophole-closed-biden-atf/
https://www.kgun9.com/news/local-news/will-new-biden-rule-to-close-gun-show-loophole-affect-gun-sales-in-arizona
https://nypost.com/2024/04/11/us-news/biden-rule-tightening-background-checks-draws-gop-backlash-gun-control-regime/
>the biden admin is passing a new EO to "close the gun show loophole"
>even though gun shows are not a significant source of crime guns
>this will require anyone who sells guns for a profit to get an FFL and do background checks
>biden is fine with crackheads lying on the background checks, like his son did
Expect higher fees from the gun store faggots when they try to gouge you the incredibly hard work of typing in your info into the NICS portal which takes like 2 mins and they charge like $50 because they are faggots. Dems are also doing this because the ATF is illegally trying to make a searchable database of guns using 4473s
>>
Good, fuck all you gun owner niggers who can't even put a safety on. Hope you retards chimp out so we can annihilate you.
>>
>>1286439
Most emotionally stable liberal
>>
>>1286439
white gun owners aren't doing the crimes
how are you going to annihilate gun owners when you have no guns?
>>
What's wrong with a searchable database of guns?
>>
>>1286444
everyone's favorite logical fallacy
>>
>>1286444
>>1286447
UK, NZ and Australia all used them for forced gun confiscations. they have no legitimate purpose. they don't prevent crimes. the government has no purpose or right to know who owns what guns. dems just want it so they can do confiscation like was done in NZ, Aus and the UK
I do think we need a searchable database of all jews, muslims, homosexuals, trannies, spanish speakers, anyone who volunteers with illegals and anyone who has had an abortion
>>
>>1286450
least racist /pol/tard
>>
>>1286450
>I do think we need a searchable database of all jews, muslims, homosexuals, trannies, spanish speakers, anyone who volunteers with illegals and anyone who has had an abortion
Actual mental illness lol. Please seek help before you hurt someone.
>>
>>1286453
>>1286451
why is your registry good and mine is bad?
>>1286453
post medical credentials moshie
>>
>>1286457
why haven't you followed your leader
>>
>>1286442
you have a small penis
size matters, not just to faggots like me, but woman also like a big one.
>>
>>1286450
>government has no purpose or right to know who owns what guns.

I'm an officer and a gentleman and I want to know what i'm walking into, especially in a domestic violence situation
>>
>>1286457
Registry of guns (not gun owners) allows for quickly finding possible murder weapons by casings.
Registry of random private citizens you don't like is designed to make it easier to hurt them. Why do you want to murder innocent people?
>>
>>1286460
cops should be banned from carrying guns on duty. also you chose your job, if you don't like it, quit
>>1286461
>Registry of guns (not gun owners) allows for quickly finding possible murder weapons by casings.
that isn't a fucking thing.
a. they don't have all the casings on record
b. canada's registry didn't do shit in terms of solving crime
c. the muh casings match
is shitty science. you 100% can't ID a gun based on the case. that is one of the reasons dems are pushing for microstamping. you certainly couldn't id a specific gun in a registry with a registry of cases. the whole thing was quackery where the cops already arrested someone and had the gun
>Registry of random private citizens you don't like is designed to make it easier to hurt them. Why do you want to murder innocent people?
that is literally what places like NY and AUS did with their gun registries by releasing people's info in the news if they owned guns
>>
>>1286464
>cops should be banned from carrying guns on duty
this isn't britain
But even in Btritain, cops need at least rubber bullets.
I see why in canada cops need guns because of the amount smuggled from the US,

Bhutan, Botswana, China, Cook Islands, Fiji, Iceland, Ireland, Kiribati, Malawi, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue, Norway, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, the United Kingdom (except for Northern Ireland), the U.S. Virgin Islands and Vanuatu

All the rest carry guns on duty

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_firearm_use_by_country
>>
>>1286466
cool story bro. agents of the state should be banned from carrying guns on duty. arguably banned from owning guns at all
>>
>>1286443
>white gun owners aren't doing the crimes
>Selling guns to any random criminal they want without a gun-selling license or a background check
>Not a crime
>implying
>>
>even though gun shows are not a significant source of crime guns
It's almost like the loophole doesn't only apply to gun shows and people that say this dumb shit are arguing in bad faith or something.
>>
>>1286472
gun sales between 2 people who don't know each other are so rarely used in crime the BJS didn't even make a category for it
https://bjs.ojp.gov/content/pub/pdf/suficspi16.pdf
>>1286474
you are the retard who call it the "gun show loophole" when it was a negotiated compromise you are renegging on.
And again, gun shows and person to person private sales between strangers are not significant contributors to gun crimes. It is mostly theft and intentional straw purchases done by a friend or family member of the criminal. but you know all this and are arguing in bad faith because you want a registry and confiscation
https://bjs.ojp.gov/content/pub/pdf/suficspi16.pdf
>>
>>1286475
>gun sales between 2 people who don't know each other are so rarely used in crime the BJS didn't even make a category for it

1. They do. It's literally
>Off the street/underground market
In your fucking source and accounts for 43.2% of all sales of guns used in crimes, you illiterate fucknut. Thank you for posting the study I was gonna use to prove you wrong though. Saved me the trouble of having to dig it up again.

2. be clear, the "gun show loophole" covers
Sales from
>flea markets
>gun shows
>Purchased/traded from family/friend
>some of Other
>some of Multiple sources
as well as
>Rented/borrowed from family/friend
>Gift/purchased for prisoner
which won't be closed by this regulation change.

All told, that's 69.7%-78.1% of guns used in crimes. This rule change will cover, 52.4%-60.8% of guns used in crimes.

Fuck off and die.
>>
>>1286484
isn't it fun arguing with preeminently dishonest faggots
>>
>>1286475
>you are the retard who call it the "gun show loophole"
I didn't invent the term "gun show loophole", nor do I flagrantly use it without clarification of what it covers.
>when it was a negotiated compromise you are renegging on.
A loophole being intentionally placed doesn't make it any less of a loophole. I refer you to tax law.

>It is mostly theft and intentional straw purchases done by a friend or family member of the criminal
Straw purchases would be at most 8%. 18.8% if you're also counting people buying guns as gifts for people that can't have them. Theft is 6.4%. You need to learn to fucking read.
>>
>>1286484
>1. They do. It's literally
>>Off the street/underground market
>In your fucking source and accounts for 43.2% of all sales of guns used in crimes, you illiterate fucknut. Thank you for posting the study I was gonna use to prove you wrong though. Saved me the trouble of having to dig it up again.
you tried this tactic before you fucking retard and got called out last time
Off the street/underground marketa
a Illegal sources of firearms that include markets for stolen goods, middlemen for stolen goods, criminals or criminal enterprises, or individuals or
groups involved in sales of illegal drugs.
that is literally fucking stolen guns and drug deals. not person to person sales between a gun owner and someone he doesn't know. you are dishonest and got called out last time you argued this and then you pretended you can't read.
>2. be clear, the "gun show loophole" covers
Sales from
>>flea markets
>>gun shows
neither of these are significant sources of crime guns
>>Purchased/traded from family/friend
literally straw purchases. these are not random sales you are pretending they are. straw purchases are already illegal and are asked about on the 4473
see above you lying cocksucker
aIllegal sources of firearms that include markets for stolen goods, middlemen for stolen goods, criminals or criminal enterprises, or individuals or
as well as
>Rented/borrowed from family/friend
>Gift/purchased for prisoner
these are straw purchases and already illegal and already asked on a 4473
>All told, that's 69.7%-78.1% of guns used in crimes. This rule change will cover, 52.4%-60.8% of guns used in crimes.
it won't you lying reddit spacing unable to read faggot
>Fuck off and die.
months later and you still can't read you lying piece of shit
>>1286486
nigel tried this grift months ago
>>
>>1286436
>I didn't invent the term "gun show loophole", nor do I flagrantly use it without clarification of what it covers.
dems literally came up with the term and are literally the ones calling it that
>A loophole being intentionally placed doesn't make it any less of a loophole. I refer you to tax law.
cool, we need to close the trannies in sports loophole, the abortion loophole and the asylum seeker loophole
>Straw purchases would be at most 8%. 18.8% if you're also counting people buying guns as gifts for people that can't have them. Theft is 6.4%. You need to learn to fucking read.
holy shit you are illiterate too
Obtained from individual 25.3% 26.0% 20.5%
Purchased/traded from family/friend 8.0 7.9 9.1
Rented/borrowed from family/friend 6.5 7.0 3.0
Gift/purchased for prisoner 10.8 11.2 8.4
these are all describing straw purchases
Off the street/underground marketa
aIllegal sources of firearms that include markets for stolen goods, middlemen for stolen goods, criminals or criminal enterprises, or individuals or
underground market means stolen guns
From burglary 1.5 1.5 :
From retail source 0.2 : :
From family/friend 1.6 1.8 :
Unspecified theftc
only some of the 5.9% other and some of the 2.5% multiple sources and the 0.4% flea market and the 0.8% gun show are private sales
you literally can't fucking read the foot notes. your argument is that you are not literate and can't read a data table because of obongo's common core
>>
>>1286491
oops >>1286491 is meant for >>1286488
>>
>ITT
>anti gunners can't read a data table either due to obongo common core in their liberal city school or due to living in a third world shithole like england
>>
America is totally fucked if the only people defending the 2nd Amendment are nothing but Russian stooges.
>>
>>1286496
>only russian stooges are able to read english
>>
>>1286497
>implying Google translate is hard
>>
>>1286489
>that is literally fucking stolen guns and drug deals
Look, you dumbshit lying sack of shit. Respondents were asked
> FROM A FENCE/BLACK MARKET SOURCE
> OFF THE STREET/FROM A DRUG DEALER

I don't give a rat's ass how the DoJ characterizes what "off the street" means, anyone responding to that shit would characterize buying a gun from a rando as "off the street" because that's exactly what it is, and more importantly *what you originally described*. It absolutely includes illegal sources, but it also includes anonymous sales covered by the fucking gun show loophole.

So FUCK OFF AND DIE.

>literally straw purchases
A straw purchase is when someone buys a gun explicitly with the intention of then selling it to a third person who could not have otherwise bought it. Buying a gun from a friend/relative CAN be a straw purchase, but plenty of people just buy olds guns off people they know. Stop being a lying sack of shit for five fucking seconds, it isn't that difficult.
>>
>>1286498
so why can't the anti gunners read the chart?
>>1286500
>I don't like the definition the DoJ used in their own fucking study so I am going to change it to make my argument
this is a retarded fucking move. you are literally saying reality doesn't agree with you, so you are making shit up. top fucking kek
>So FUCK OFF AND DIE.
tons of seething there illiterate, ESL anti gun fag
>A straw purchase is when someone buys a gun explicitly with the intention of then selling it to a third person who could not have otherwise bought it. Buying a gun from a friend/relative CAN be a straw purchase, but plenty of people just buy olds guns off people they know. Stop being a lying sack of shit for five fucking seconds, it isn't that difficult.
so prove those weren't intentional straw purchases, faggot. you said yourself brandon's new reg doesn't cover those. plus someone would know if their friend/family member was a prohibited person. you are straight up saying brandon's regulation does nothing to stop crime.
>Stop being a lying sack of shit for five fucking seconds, it isn't that difficult.
you are the one who redefined >Off the street/underground market because you didn't like the definition used in the chart. you are a lying retard and tranny
>>
common core really fucked up the US
>>
>>1286539
common core fixed the US from the ways you people broke it
>>
>>1286505
>you didn't like the definition used in the chart
Motherfucker, the definition wasn't used in the chart. It was used in a report summarizing the chart. I'm using the fucking text from the fucking survey used to compile the chart.

Do you need to lie to breathe or something?
>>
>>1286540
clearly not, considering none of the dems itt can read
>>1286542
page 2 dickless
>Terms and definitions
>Off the street or underground market – illegal
sources of firearms that include markets for
stolen goods, middlemen for stolen goods,
criminals or criminal enterprises, or individuals
or groups involved in sales of illegal drugs.
100% of off the street/underground market guns are crime guns by definition, since they are stolen or were bought to further the drug trade, which is illegal and asked on a 4473
>| Other sources.... This category also includes sources for which there were few responses, such as for guns bought online, ...
private sales are only a subset of other.
you got btfo'd so you had to make up a new definition that isn't in the document. either you are retarded and can't read (very likely due to common core and the dem backed Marie Clay/Lucy Calkins reading program which intentionally failed to teach kids to read in order to own W bush and grift NCLB money) or you are intentionally lying
fuck page 13 cjh6. even says
> FROM A FENCE/BLACK MARKET SOURCE (GO TO CJH9)
> OFF THE STREET/FROM A DRUG DEALER (GO TO CJH9)
CJH7 on page 14 is the same thing
tl;dr, you can't read so you decided to define stolen gun sales are legitimate private sales for some reason, despite the document saying the guns were literally all stolen and/or part of the drug trade
>>
https://newrepublic.com/article/180654/biden-close-gun-show-loophole
Republicans caught lying again and just want more Americans to die to gun violence.
>>
>>1286545
>https://newrepublic.com/article/180654/biden-close-gun-show-loophole
new republic is literally communist propaganda
>He was chair of the Democratic Party of Oregon's President's Council and a member of the Obama for President Oregon Finance Committee.
the EIC literally worked for a communist terrorist who hates America
>and just want more Americans to die to gun violence.
that would be dems. despite rising gun crimes, the BLM DAs in philly and NYC dropped their gun convictions by half. Biden is also arguing it is fine for crack addicts to lie on federal background checks. I'll remember this though. next time you bitch about muh abortion ban I'll find an nypost article saying the abortion loophole isn't closed
>>
>>1286546
bitching about communism is getting pretty passe, considering the amount of russian propaganda spewed by the right
>>
>>1286544
Seems pretty easy for individuals that buy guns to claim they were "stolen" when they ACTUALLY sold them. Where the fuck are criminals managing to steal thousands of guns every day? Do gun owners just lay their guns on their doorstep?
>>
>>1286546
>Communism
Okay fascist
>>
>>1286544
You seem to not understand how surveys work.
>>
>>1286559
communism is worse than fascism
>>1286547
stay on topic
>>
>>1286563
Good thing communism doesn't exist now.
Fascism does, it's the Republican party and Russians.
>>
>>1286563
>stay on topic
what, was russian communism "not real communism"
>>
>>1286557
do you have a single fact to back this shit up? No you don't. also (((universal background checks))) wouldn't prevent your weird conspiracy theory
>>
>>1286562
once again, you got btfo'd in this thread, and you got btfo'd last year when you tried this shit, and you have gotten btfo'd for literal years with that bjs study
>>
>>1286564
the DNC are literally communists. that is why AOC keeps saying she wants single party rule
>>1286565
we are talking about gun control in the US, not about russians
>>
>>1286569
no, you said
>the EIC literally worked for a communist terrorist who hates America
please do your best to be honest from this point forward, ok
>>
another thread of /new/s resident gun schizo complaining about gun laws while using bad faith arguments and incorrectly interpreted statistics to pretend that any gun control is evil and won't stop people being murdered by guns.
>>
>>1286568
M8, you being too dumb to understand a survey methodology and too dishonest to own your own words doesn't make me btfo. It just makes you an idiot.
>>
>>1286570
because you posted fake news made by a communist. now are you done talking off topic nonsense about russia or fascism which hasn't existed in 80 years?
>>
>>1286573
once again, you literally cannot read because dems backed the Marie Clay/Lucy Calkins reading program, which they knew didn't work, and resulted in kids not being able to read because Bush wanted phonics lesions, which do work, taught in schools
>>
>>1286575
samefag, you got btfo on this every time. you don't know how to read. you literally had to make up a new definition that does not conform to the document because you got btfo'd
>>
>>1286577
>now are you done talking off topic nonsense about russia or fascism which hasn't existed in 80 years?
russia doesn't exist?
>>
>>1286578
You seem upset. And dumb. Mostly dumb.
>>
>>1286573
If you ignore him he goes away - for awhile, anyways.
>>
>>1286580
fascism doesn't exist. communism does and is a massive threat to both the US and all of mankind
>>
>>1286592
samefag
>>1286590
you are the one who invented a new definition because you were upset the official government study doesn't say what you want it to say
>>
>>1286751
>you are the one who invented a new definition because you were upset the official government study doesn't say what you want it to say
A new definition for...off the street?

Motherfucker, the government didn't invent that turn of phrase. I have no idea why the fuckwits that compiled the study decided that only includes illegal sales, but the prisoners that were part of the survey were not given that post hawk definition.

If you don't define off the street as any old purchase from a private individual, then that's your brain damage.

Also, literally why the fuck in your imagination would there be more people selling stolen guns in private transactions than lawfully owned guns? Or do criminals just not know how to find people that sell clean guns in your world?

Use at least half a brain cell and realize that it's easier to find someone selling guns legally than illegally. Motherfucker, there are entire forums devoted to people selling each other used guns in private transactions. And they don't run background checks. As it turns out a metric fuckton of people in this country own guns and don't want to give gun stores a cut of a sale.
>>
>>1286750
so you're pro ukraine?
>>
>>1286436
Friendly reminder the OP is a literal unironic redditor who has exposed himself as such on numerous occasions.
>>
>>1286763
>anyone who isn't an anti gun jew is a redditor reee
also weird how you 3 trannies always post together
>>1286759
I literally do not give a shit about what happens in ukraine either way. though I want my taxes to stop being wasted on those faggots
>>
>>1286758
>A new definition...
It is literally defined in the paper retard. you are the one who is trying to redefine it to mean legal private sales
> the government didn't invent that tu....
so you are saying you are smarter than the people who wrote the paper, even though you can't read, and therefore we should use your definition that those are legal private sales? wow you are one retarded tranny
>If you don...
they literally defined it multiple times in the paper you are too retarded to be able to read. probably all the tranny meds and weed rotting your brain
>Also, litera...
literally no one said that, retard. legal gun owners sell to legal gun owners, not criminals. criminals sell stolen guns to criminals
>Or do cr....
gun owners know you can't sell guns to someone who lives out of state and most gun owners won't sell guns to blacks. you can find tons of stores online of
>I met up to sell my gun but didn't because the guy gave me a bad vibe
>Use at le...
it literally isn't retard. straw purchases are super easy to get a gun from and criminals who are in the drug trade have connections to drug dealers who sell stolen guns. that is how gangs work.
>Motherfucker, there are entire forums devoted to people selling each other used guns in private transactions. And they don't run background checks.
and they don't sell it across state lines or to minorities. As shown by this paper where online sales were so fucking low they were put into "other" but once again you can't read because you are a retard
>As it turns out a m....
if you sell guns privately you don't pay the gunstore. the buyer pays a transfer fee, not the seller. people don't like going through gun stores because for the same reason people try to buy houses or cars without an agent. that and 4473s are some bullshit because brandon's atf is illegally retaining them
>tl;dr
you are a retarded tranny who doesn't know how to read and also you have no dick
>>
>bad faith
>DemoKKKrats

They’re the same thing
>>
>>1286770
You've outed yourself as a literal redditor a dozen times you fucking retard and it has nothing to do with your political views, the fact that you think this (and claim anybody who disagrees with you is a redditor) is yet another example of how obvious it is you came from reddit. Nobody from 4chan, regardless of political views, thinks that way. You are the most obvious redditor that has ever posted here and after 3 years you still have no idea how to blend in.
>>
>>1286771
>It is literally defined in the paper retard
But not in the survey, dipshit.
>>
>>1286784
you really are not beating the doesn't know how to read allegations
>This appendix includes the questions from the 2016 SPI that were used to measure the firearms' constructs in this report. Text that appears in capital letters in the questions was not read out loud to respondents. That text reflects programming instructions for the CAPI instrument, instructions to field interviewers who conducted the interviews, or response options that were not read out loud to respondents but were coded by the field interviewers during the interviews.
the interview for the survey was done in person with the interviewer reading the questions and the interviewer not giving the options, but encoding the option based on what the criminal said. So you think the DoJ officer didn't know the definition to a phrase from their own fucking survey they were trained to give.
you can't read, you are retarded. the weed and tranny meds fucked your brain
Also, another thing. this survey was from 2016. meaning it was obongo's DoJ. Obongo wanted to ban and confiscate all guns, ban all private sales and nominated a piece of shit who once ruled the 2nd amendment doesn't protect the right to keep and bear arms to the scotus. Why the fuck would obongo intentionally fuck up a study to show private sales don't contribute to crime guns?
>>1286776
weird how you always show up within minutes of other commie posters. almost as though you are all on the same /leftypol/ tranny discord and are coordinating it, reddit troon
>>
>>1286770
>i literally do not give a shit
so you were lying and you're pro communism
>>
>>1286790
weird how you're an actual literal confirmed redditor yet you pretend you're not (even though you have outed yourself a dozen times). Almost as though you still don't know how this website works even after being here for 3 years
>>
>>1286790
Listen, you illiterate motherfucker
>Possible responses included gun shop or gun store; pawn shop; flea market; gun show; from a victim, family member, or friend; from a fence (a middleman for stolen goods) or underground market; off the street or from a drug dealer; in a burglary; online or the internet; or other.
Fuckwit.
>>
>>1286790
>>1286880
Also, curious that "off the street" is listed separately from "drug dealer" or "fence". Almost as if people sell guns on the street ALL THE GOD DAMN TIME.

HENCE THIS FUCKING RULE CHANGE TO CLOSE THE "GUN SHOW" LOOPHOLE.
>>
>>1286880
>>1286881
I see the problem
>Off the street or underground market
>– illegal sources of firearms that include markets for stolen goods, middlemen for stolen goods, criminals or criminal enterprises, or individuals or groups involved in sales of illegal drugs.
and
>Off the street/underground marketa
>aIllegal sources of firearms that include markets for stolen goods, middlemen for stolen goods, criminals or criminal enterprises, or individuals or groups involved in sales of illegal drugs.
off the street is clearly defined as an illegal sale either due to the gun being stolen, part of the drug trade or both. those are already crimes. I can see why you would come up with your own definition, because you can't read and all, children do that too when they can't read so they guess what the picture says. Its a big part of the Lucy Calkins/Marie Clay reading system. What you are describing are online sales
>. Fewer than 1% of state and federal prisoners reported obtaining a firearm online. These responses were included in table
5 in the “other” category due to the small number of sample cases.
I know reading can be hard for zoomers, I hope this helps
> Almost as if people sell guns on the street ALL THE GOD DAMN TIME.
>HENCE THIS FUCKING RULE CHANGE TO CLOSE THE "GUN SHOW" LOOPHOLE.
except this study shows that private sales between individuals who didn't know each other make up less than 1% of crime guns so the rule change to "close the gun show loophole" is going to affect less than 1% of crime guns. Because gun owners aren't the ones selling crime guns and you just want a registry. I literally don't even get your retarded logic. Gun ownership is the number 1 predictor for if someone votes for trump. you really think trump voters are selling guns to blacks and other minorities? I can assure you every gun owner I've ever met is racist enough that they would not do a private gun sale to a black man they didn't know
>>
>>1286806
I've been on 4chan since 2008, you discord raiding reddit tranny
>>
>>1286436
this is ironic because i was just considering selling a few of my guns because times are tough
now ive been incentivized to hold on to then. counterproductive

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.