[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 6770305_1.jpg (59 KB, 732x1135)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
Popular kids show Bluey praised for introducing same-sex couple in season finale
The 49th episode of Bluey Season 3 featured a subtle reference to the show's first-ever same-sex couple
Dylan Murray

Published Apr 18, 2024, 18:12:22 GMT+1
Last updated Apr 18, 2024, 18:12:20 GMT+1

https://www.unilad.com/film-and-tv/disney/bluey-praised-gay-couple-season-finale-the-sign-313539-20240418

The Australian kid’s TV show Bluey has become one of the most critically acclaimed shows of its genre since its debut in 2018.

Upon Bluey’s eventual arrival worldwide on Disney+ a year later in 2019, the show became incredibly popular among both children and adults.

The popular show details the life of Bluey, a seven-year-old blue healer, and her little sister Bingo, a five-year-old red healer, alongside a supporting cast featuring their friends and family

The popular show details the life of Bluey, a seven-year-old blue healer, and her little sister Bingo, a five-year-old red healer, alongside a supporting cast featuring their friends and family
>>
Now, three seasons and over 150 episodes into its existence, Bluey has not only garnered praise for being a tremendous kid's TV show but also for its inclusivity in the final episode of season 3.

In the most recent episode of the series, the show made reference to its first same-sex couple, with a friend of Bluey's - a chihuahua named Pretzel - noting that he has two moms in an anecdote about his pet guinea pig.

When my guinea pig ran away, my mums told me he might come back, but he didn't,” was the exact line stated by Pretzel in the 28-minute long Season 3 finale entitled The Sign - an episode lasting four times as long as most episodes do.

While this reference is widely acknowledged as something of a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment, it is also considered a step forward for LGBTQ representation and the normalization of same-sex couples appearing within kid’s television.

“Pretzel having lesbian moms still makes me happy,” said one user on X (formerly Twitter).

“Bluey pulling out the representation.”

Others shared personal anecdotes as to why such a small line meant so much to them.

“As a person who lived with his mom and her gf at one point in time, I think this is great,” another user explained on the Elon Musk-owned site.

Unsurprisingly, the response to this subtle line wasn’t exclusively popular, with some criticizing the inclusion of a same-sex couple as being forced and unnecessary, despite the subtle nature of the reference.

These critics could not stop the groundbreaking episode from being among the most popular in the show’s history.

The Sign currently sits as the highest-rated episode of the Australian show to date, garnering a rating of 9.9/10 on IMDb four days after the episode first aired.
>>
>>1288480
>https://www.unilad.com/
Not a valid news source
>>
>>1288483
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/relationships/article-13313093/Bluey-introduces-sex-couple-season-finale-Sign.html
>>
>>1288484
>Dailymail
Not a valid news source
>>
>>1288485
What do you consider valid?
>>
>>1288481
>In the most recent episode of the series, the show made reference to its first same-sex couple, with a friend of Bluey's - a chihuahua named Pretzel - noting that he has two moms in an anecdote about his pet guinea pig.
I guess I won't pirate that episode for my kids then.
>>
>>1288488
Read the sticky

>>1288489
>implying you've had sex
>>
>>1288490
>>implying you've had sex
Modernity does make some things incredibly easy.
>>
Fags in a kids show. Proving fags require access to children to reproduce.
Go away fags.
>>
>>1288501
Chud headcanon is wild.
>>
>>1288516
Faggot excuses don't work here

Everyone knows what you are
>>
>>1288501
homosexuality amongst the animal world is quite common.
They produce in the same way that homosexuals reproduce in the human world.
OP is a reproduction but don't know it yet.
Note the addition of a young beautiful woman to his article.
This is an effort to convince himself that he don't like cock.
>>
>>1288517
Try making an argument.
>>
So much for "Bluey is le based" posting. /pol/ monkey pawed this into existence.
>>
>>1288530
why was pol watching shows for toddlers anyways
>>
>>1288532
It's based and Chad or something. Idk lol
>>
>>1288480
Is this the new strategy?
Put out seasons with good content and then once the show is popular start introducing woke shit
This hurts even more since it showed that the writers can put out quality work
>>
>>1288535
No one cares but chuds.
>>
>>1288536
And people with children.
Tired of fags. They should just get AIDS and die.
Well, in larger quantities than they already do.
>>
>>1288539
No actually most people with children don't care about fags or "woke shit" either. Just chuds.
>>
>>1288540
Not true. Everyone hates fags and no parent wants their child to be a fag.
>>
>>1288545
quite a show you're putting on for us
>>
>>1288547
Challenge: find the gay gene. See how many fag babies get aborted
>>
>>1288556
They actually found the gay gene in the early 00's and have kept it hidden so this doesn't happen.
>>
>>1288556
So you're saying once scientists find the gay gene then Republicans will suddenly start being pro-choice?
>>
>>1288558
And Democrats will be pro-life.
>>
>>1288556
once we find the authoritarian personality gene and poltards are gone forever, the world will know peace
>>
NNNNOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>1288560
Progressives would suffer the most if we did.
Since progressivism is completely totalitarian.
Let's do it!
>>
>>1288524
It isn't common. They do it to larp for the real thing.
>>
>>1288480
Its an Australian saying to have tow moms. People on both sides thinking there are gay parents don't know the culture.
>>
>>1288585
trump needs your money, why are you wasting your time shitposting
>>
>>1288592
you expect reactionaries to care about facts?
a teacher in new england doing a unit on thoreau and transcendentalism was going to take the class on a field trip to walden pond and got an angry email from a parent incensed that they would take children on a trip 'to learn about being trans'
>>
>>1288591
>It isn't common. They do it to larp for the real thing.
sounds like me and my male cousins
>>
Wait, this is what Chuds are crying over..?
https://www.tiktok.com/@aussiegirlmargie/video/7357738773808958762

Lol
>>
>>1288624
I'M OUTRAGED!!1 THEY OUGHT TO APOLOGIZE!11
>>
Well duh, Bluey has promoted racemixing since the beginning.
>>
>>1288488
Anything that reinforces my bias..
I especially like TheRollingStone, MSNBC, Salon you know left-leaning news sources that reinforce my bias.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.