[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: zwOvkFp.png (2.14 MB, 975x1279)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB PNG
House Approves $95 Billion Aid Bill for Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan
After months of delay at the hands of a bloc of ultraconservative Republicans, the package drew overwhelming bipartisan support, reflecting broad consensus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/20/us/politics/house-vote-aid-ukraine-israel.html

The House voted resoundingly on Saturday to approve $95 billion in foreign aid for Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan, as Speaker Mike Johnson put his job on the line to advance the long-stalled aid package by marshaling support from mainstream Republicans and Democrats.

In four back-to-back votes, overwhelming bipartisan coalitions of lawmakers approved fresh rounds of funding for the three U.S. allies, as well as another bill meant to sweeten the deal for conservatives that could result in a nationwide ban of TikTok.

The scene on the House floor reflected both the broad support in Congress for continuing to help the Ukrainian military beat back Russia, and the extraordinary political risk taken by Mr. Johnson to defy the anti-interventionist wing of his party who had sought to thwart the measure. Minutes before the vote on assistance for Kyiv, Democrats began to wave small Ukrainian flags on the House floor, as hard-right Republicans jeered.
>>
Putinbros...we've failed...
>>
>>1288794
It's over. Russia just lost.
>>
>>1288793
Well, is April 20 after all. Nazis worldwide are celebrating.
>>
>>1288798
Putin did notsee it coming
>>
>>1288793
why should my money be stolen from me via taxes just to be given to the military industrial complex?
>>
>Ukraine is allied with America
Since when? I don't remember any treaty being signed.
>>
>>1288798
Then why are Republicans, AKA nazis crying?
>>
>Monke
LoL
>>
>>1288831
>Since when?
Since the 90's

>I don't remember any treaty being signed.
That's not how alliances work
>>
>>1288839
>That's not how alliances work
Oh, you mean politicians and lawyers that don't want shit written down?

What were the assurances being made here exactly if nobody is writing anything down and signing their names to it?
>>
>>1288845
Ukraine was never allied with the USA. In fact, we explicitly promised Russia that NATO wouldn't move eastwards and threaten Russia's sovereignty.

It wasn't until very recently, after a CIA-planned coup in Ukraine, that we made overtures to turn Ukraine into a satellite state of the US. This was primarily because the US (under the Obama administration) created several biological weapons laboratories all throughout the Ukrainian wasteland to contain and research soviet-era viral samples. But Russia invading Ukraine complicated this, which is why we are using Ukraine as a proxy (and losing).
>>
>>1288847
>we explicitly promised Russia that NATO wouldn't move eastwards
Proof? Because the US has an accord with Ukraine to come to their aid in case they get attacked. Which is what Russia did.

>CIA-planned coup in Ukraine
LOL, vatnik shill detected
>>
>>1288849
>US has an accord with Ukraine
Is that written down somewhere?
>>
>>1288849
>Proof?
U.S. Secretary of State James Baker’s famous “not one inch eastward” assurance about NATO expansion in his meeting with Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev on February 9, 1990.
>>
>>1288852
It's called the Budapest Memorandum, and yes it's both written down and even Russia signed it.
https://www.belfercenter.org/publication/budapest-memorandum-25-between-past-and-future

>>1288853
I'm sure this is written down in a treaty like the Budapest Memorandum if this is actually true using your own burden of proof.
>>
>>1288852
Yes the signed the Budapest memorandum and they are doing the bare minimum since according to the 1991 documents they should have sent troops if Ukraine was ever invaded sadly Obama was a coward
>>
Somehow, this military aid bill also bans tiktok in the US.
It has provisions that force the parent company to sell it's stake to a US business if they wish to continue doing business in the US.

Don't tell me how/why this is in a bill for military aid, but it is
>>
>>1288849
The CIA was involved with the Ukrainian coup. You can hear leaked recordings of the sec of state at the time discussing who they were going to put in power.
>>
>>1288854
>things only matter if they're written down :^)
This is the caliber of person that supports the Russia-Ukraine war. A total fucking retard, willing to spend our taxdollars on a needless war, instead of helping our own people.
>>
the shills were silent for a while after that defense bill, but boy are they back in force now
>>
>>1288858
It was a separate bill
>>
>>1288861
>>1288859
The vatink shills squirm when you force them live up to their own rules.
Love it.
>>
>>1288862
Vatinks found a new distraction, they kidnapped and murdered an American who was fighting for them.
>>1288857
>>
>>1288858
Stop being an asset for Communist China.
>>
>>1288868
Not just murder, they TORTURED and RAPED him.
>>
can i borrow $200 of these charitable funds to buy tin to build a shack?
charity starts at home

Record Numbers in the US Are Homeless. Can Cities Fine Them for being poor?

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2024-04-20/record-numbers-in-the-us-are-homeless-can-cities-fine-them-for-sleeping-in-parks-and-on-sidewalks
>>
>>1288946
maybe we should give them ATACMS and they can live in it
>>
>>1288946
But how many Vatniks would that kill?
>>
>>1288946
>>1288949
>But how many Vatniks would that kill?
1 tin shed = $200 = 1 Vatnik

Guess I'll be sleeping in the park this summer.
>>
>>1288847
>we explicitly promised Russia that NATO wouldn't move eastwards and threaten Russia's sovereignty
Can I see the treaty that says that? The only treaty to that effect is one that forbids NATO from stationing non-German troops in former East Germany, which is upheld to this day.
Also why would the sovereignty of Russia (which definitely isn't being threatened by NATO, are you crazy?) be worth more than the sovereignty of the states that decide to join NATO?
>CIA-planned coup in Ukraine
If you think its possible to overthrow states on that kind of shoestring budget then I'm pretty sure your local Intelligence Agency has an open position.
It's doubly funny, because Russia tried the exact same thing it accused the CIA of in Donbas. But it didn't work, so they had to send in actual soldiers.
>biological weapons laboratories
Oh shit, I haven't heard that one in a long time. Now I'm not sure if your post isn't just bait.
>>1288859
NO they are not, you just take that out of context and make it mean what you want it to mean.
>>1288853
>February 9, 1990
Why would such a promise be necessary during a time where the Warsaw pact still exists
>>
>>1288946
Why would addressing those two issues be mutually exclusive?
Not to mention that a lot of the aid that has so far went to Ukraine is from existing stocks. How do you intend to help the homeless by handing out IFVs?
>>
>>1288972
>Why would addressing those two issues be mutually exclusive?
Because resources are limited, dumbass. The more you steal from us the less we have.
>>
>>1288793
Hahaha after months of Trump being anti Ukraine he suddenly flip flopped and said he's actually for giving aid to Ukraine! Remember when Americans cared about "flips flopping"? Was a big thing in 2004. Now its whatever!
>>
>>1288980
And you really think money rather than political will is the limiting factor?
If that aid package hadn't been passed it would have all gone towards reducing poverty or other social issues?
>>
>>1288982
Did he?
I'm pretty sure MAGA tards are still against support for Ukraine
>>
>>1288983
>If that aid package hadn't been passed it would have all gone towards reducing poverty or other social issues?
Letting people keep more of their own money means there will be less poor and homeless people.
>>
This thread is brought to you be Lockheed Martin™ and Raytheon™
>>
>>1288988
>Letting people keep more of their own money means there will be less poor and homeless people.
Pretty sure that's heteronormative white supremacist fascism. We have to give more of your money to foreign dictators and Northrop Grumman or else you're a racist.
>>
>>1288988
And sending Ukraine decades old military equipment means there will be less Russian invaders
>>
>>1288988
It's hilarious that you think Congress passing or not passing a foreign aide bill determines how much money you have in your pocket. It sounds like you're either a teenager who has no idea how the US government works or a foreigner who has no idea how the US government works. So which is it?
>>
>>1288990
Good joke. Many laugh.
>>
>>1288991
>And sending Ukraine decades old military equipment means we can keep pretending to help while watching Ukraine lose

>>1288992
>doesn't think the government printing endless money to fund foreign wars and the MIC has an effect on his own personal wealth and wellbeing
Typical attitude of a lazy fat boomer who gets their news from Maddow.
>>
>>1288991
How much does it cost to ship that shit across the world? Paying to train the Ukrainians? How many US/NATO troops are actually participating in this shit? Ukrainian drones with US infrastructure support doesn't cost any money?

Who the fuck are you bullshitting here? This multibillion dollar aide package doesn't really cost anything? Get the fuck out of here shill.
>>
>>1288994
>namedrops cableTV hosts
>calls other people 'boomer'
I see every post is a projection with you
>>
>>1288995
It costs more money to have those 1970s-1980s weapons sitting in a warehouse under guard than it does to ship them to Ukraine. Cope.
>>
>>1288995
(((((((
>>
>>1288996
>used to be one of the most popular cable TV news entertainers, fell off cause she got caught bullshitting for profit
>the only way you'd know about her if you were a boomer like me!
Sorry boomer but no, you're just that easy to spot.

>>1288997
>It costs more money to have those 1970s-1980s weapons sitting in a warehouse under guard than it does to ship them to Ukraine
[citation needed]
Note: in this case, sources funded by military-industrial complex corporations are not valid ^_^
>>
>>1289000
2 more years to kiev, right faggot
>>
>>1288997
So why are you using my money to do either one, faggot?
>>
>>1289000
>^_^
Get a load of Larping Ivan over here
>>
>>1289003
idk kiril from Carolina oblast
>>
>>1289003
Because you're a far right extremist pro-Russian troll and literally no one else on the planet including your own mother cares about your wrong and crazy opinion on US foreign aide.
>>
>>1289003
I'll use your money to do literally whatever I want and there is nothing you can do to stop me. Now cry like a bitch even more.
>>
>>1289002
>if your enemy defeats you slowly and you can't stop them no matter what you do, you win

>>1289004
>muh Ivan
Canadian shills are so unimaginative. Do you think Ivan is also making girls not want to sleep with you?

>>1289007
>far-left Canadian extremist pointing fingers again
How's your MAID application going?
>>
>>1289010
Why do chuds like this one have such poor coping mechanisms?
>>
>>1289008
>I'll use your money to do literally whatever I want and there is nothing you can do to stop me.
*shoots you in self defense*

Tee hee
>>
>>1289011
Why can't whiny libshit canadian shit-eating shill faggots use any other swear word than the corporate-friendly "chud"?
>>
>>1289011
Neglectful parenting and lack of cognitive development
>>
>>1289010
>We're winning, don't try anymore ok. I'm really upset (((((
>>
>>1289012

>>1289013
I thought you chuds liked it when people called a spade a spade.
>>
>>1289008
>Tell me you're not an American without telling me you're not an American
We don't tolerate that kinda gay shit around here, royaltyfag. We tossed all your overtaxed faggot tea in the ocean for the same attitude.
>>
>>1289014
>>1289015
>>1289016
>samefagging
>can only say chud

Come on faggot, say a real swear word. Just one.
>>
>>1289018
come up with a more relevant americanism you stupid shill faggot
>>
>>1289018
That's hilarious. The Iran-Contra thread isn't even out of the catalog yet.
>>
>>1289021
There's literally nothing more American than saying I better be getting something in return for my fucking taxes, dickbag.
>>
>>1289020
Ahh now you've gone set off your schizophrenia. You are why this board can't have nice things.
>>
>>1289020
You are a faggot cunt
>>
>>1289023
Dead Russian invaders is something all Americans used to relish. Not sure why anything changed
>>
>>1289026
>Killing and hating Russians is an American tradition
Only when people thought nuclear war was inevitable with them, and that hasn't been true since the wall fell faggot. Only very recently have Democrats felt the need to resurrect the dead Russian boogeyman to associate Trump with them.
>>
>>1289028
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/putin-says-russia-ready-nuclear-war-not-everything-rushing-it-2024-03-13/#:~:text=MOSCOW%2C%20March%2013%20(Reuters),significant%20escalation%20of%20the%20conflict.

Why are you a lying faggot Russian pretending not to be
>>
>>1289021
>ESL canadian shill thinks american revolution isn't relevant americanism
You need to stop

>>1289024
>>1289025
>[angry troon noises intensify]

>>1289026
>Dead Russian invaders is something all Americans used to relish. Not sure why anything changed
It's not 1969 boomer, Woodstock wasn't just a few months ago. Your nurse will be in shortly to change you.
>>
>>1289029
When are you deploying to the front to fight Russia anon?
>>
>>1289029
Obama was making deals on hotmics with Putin giving away Ukraine before Clinton fumbled her crowning ceremony.
>>
you can tell this bill really fucked with Russia, they should probably spend more on rearmament and less on faggot shills
>>
>>1289031
My tax dollars should be getting there in the form of searing hot shrapnel any day now
>>
>>1289033
>One more Ukranian Oblast has been added to Russian control
>>
>>1289034
Your tax dollars are currently burnt and rusting just outside of Avdiivka
>>
>>1289036
that's why you're here seething?
>>
>>1289032
Saying "we will deal with you after our election" is not "making deals on hot mics" like you seem to think.
>>
>>1289034
Welp you have been overruled. Learn to cope.
>>
>>1289037
Which invincible Ukrainian city do you think will be the next to fall?
>>
>>1289040
Trust the map arrows, cauldron any day now
>>
>>1289041
>the map lies if it says Russians are advancing!
>mein fuhrer, the Russians are inside Berlin
>>
>>1289042
Resort to fantasy if that's your preferred coping mechanism. Feel free to actually attack NATO if you'd like to FO
>>
>>1289038
Saying "After the election I'll have more flexibility" (to let you invade Ukraine) is quite an offer for Obama to be making to our greatest enemy. Especially when Democrats are the ones constantly crying about the scary Russians. Is the fact that they won't go along with your corrupt bullshit what makes them so scary?
>>
>>1289044
you're so clearly not american
>>
>>1289043
>Resort to fantasy if that's your preferred coping mechanism
Ah yes, that great fantasy where Russia defeated the Axis powers, of which Ukraine was a member

>>1289045
You're so clearly a Canadian
>>
>>1289046
>we're literally fighting ww2
as the role of the invader in the eastern front. doesn't usually go too well
>>
>>1289047
>>we're literally fighting ww2
What are those neat little patches those Ukrainian military unites have? The Totenkopfs and Black Suns- what are those from again?
>>
>>1289049
remind us which side is the international criminal for kidnapping children, not unlike the nazis
>>
>>1289050
>remind us which side is the international criminal for kidnapping children
Epstein was a US citizen anon
>>
>>1289052
cute deflection but

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_abductions_in_the_Russo-Ukrainian_War
>>
I don't really give a shit about Ukraine or their ideology. Zelensky could be eating children in his basement for all I care.
What I do care about, however, is not living in a world, where wars of aggression are the norm again. Therefore I support Ukraine reclaiming their internationally recognized 1991 borders
>>
>>1289057
Didn't ask, don't care
>>
Those idiots could have gotten useful border security but republicans voted for unlimited migrants instead.
>>
>>1288847
>Ukraine was never allied with the USA
Incredibly cringe. Do you forget the first time Trump was impeached?
>>
>>1288793
Who's against a free Taiwan except China?
>>
this whole proxy war of funds is absolutely pathetic, americans have troops for a reason. if they want to protect ukraine so badly, then why the fuck are they not there full force? If i was putin id consider this aid package as a straight up declaration of war.
>>
>>1289222
>If i was putin id consider this aid package as a straight up declaration of war
And then what?
Putin doesn't want war with the US, because he has his hands full with just Ukraine.
>>
>>1289222
>if they want to protect ukraine so badly, then why the fuck are they not there full force?
Because the US Government doesn't actually want to protect Ukraine and doesn't actually care if Ukraine wins or not.

There's a lot of money in keeping the war going, and a chance to field test cold war wunderweapons that have been mothballed for decades- which also means more money spent to replace them and upgrade them according to the data they're gathering from the war.
>>
>>1289222
The longer the war goes on, the longer the USA can sell them weapons, the longer congresspeople can continue to skim off the top with pork barrel bills.
>If i was putin id consider this aid package as a straight up declaration of war.
Put has already suspended Russia's participation in its nuclear arms treaty with the United States. So that's probably what they are preparing for.
>>
>>1289265
>The longer the war goes on, the longer the USA can sell them weapons
But they aren't selling them weapons, they mostly just get stuff from storage anyways. So at best you could argue that Europe is buying more weapons now
>Put has already suspended Russia's participation in its nuclear arms treaty with the United States
>So that's probably what they are preparing for
Not really. The treaty just included regular mutual inspections of each others arsenals (as assurance that the treaty is being upheld) and it's pretty obvious why Russia wouldn't want those during their war
>>
>>1289348
Is it really your argument that politicians on both sides are not getting their percentage off the top?

Stupid. Fucking. Faggot.
>>
>>1289442
On both sides? Are you retarded?
Russia's Kleptocrats are having a terrible time right now and would much rather prefer this war to be over asap so they can have access to their Yachts and Europen mansions again.
>>
>>1289196
Republicans apparently
>>
>>1289455
I meant Democrats and Republicans, faggot. I don't care what politicians in Russia are doing because I don't live there and I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>1289053
'161 Ukrainian children abducted by Russia found in Germany'
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2024/04/17/7451586/
Try harder, tranny
>>
>>1288793
good american sheep spend more money on foreign powers that will definitely not bite you in the arse. when has handing billions upon billions in equipment weaponry and funds gone badly.
>>
>>1288793
>no, not my .2% of GDP, help!
>>
>>1289511
>>1289841
>>1290755
Is this really the best Ivan can do?
>>
>>1291449
Yes

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.