[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1719737726579944.png (264 KB, 768x512)
264 KB
264 KB PNG
After Donald Trump selected J.D. Vance for his running mate in 2024, more and more of his previous gripes with Trump keep popping up, much to the Republican Party’s dismay.

In two 2016 audios uncovered by CNN’s Andy Kaczynski, Vance appeared on a podcast to promote his book The Hillbilly Elegy and argued that Trump is a fraud who preyed on white voters’ fears to achieve victory.

“I don’t think he actually cares about folks,” said Vance on The Matt Jones Podcast in August 2016. “I think I’m going to vote third party because I can’t stomach Trump. I think that he’s noxious and is leading the white working class to a very dark place,” he told NPR that same month.

https://x.com/KFILE/status/1813212585010794840

Vance criticized Trump throughout his press tours at the time. “I’m definitely not gonna vote for Trump because I think that he’s projecting very complex problems onto simple villains,” Vance told CNN’s Jake Tapper before the 2016 election. “Trump makes people I care about afraid. Immigrants, Muslims, etc. Because of this I find him reprehensible. God wants better of us,” he wrote in October 2016.

Vance built his early political brand on being a “Never Trump” Republican, and the receipts show it. He called Trump a total fraud in public and asked if Trump may be “America’s Hitler” in private. Before the election, in a since-deleted tweet, Vance claimed he would be writing in Evan McMullin, a former CIA officer who ran as an independent. In 2018, he revealed that he did in fact vote for a third-party candidate in 2016.

Since winning his Senate seat in 2022 with Trump’s backing, Vance has changed his tune, deleted tweets, and retracted his negative statements about the former president.

https://newrepublic.com/post/183892/audio-jd-vance-hated-trump
>>
Ever since talk began that Vance could be on the list for vice president, he’s been sucking up to Trump and denouncing his previous views. “He was a great president,” said Vance, who didn’t vote for him, “and it’s one of the reasons why I’m working so hard to make sure he gets a second term.”
>>
>>1316534
Thats funny that even Trump's own VP pick hates his guts.
>>
>>1316534
>“I don’t think he actually cares about folks,” said Vance on The Matt Jones Podcast in August 2016. “I think I’m going to vote third party because I can’t stomach Trump. I think that he’s noxious and is leading the white working class to a very dark place,” he told NPR that same month.

Really, really fantastic ad material to convince reluctant trump voters it's okay to stay home or vote for RFK
>>
>>1316534
>>1316541
He, like many other republican figures, didn't support Trump as the 2016 candidate. In his own words Trump's presidency changed his mind. So no he didn't suddenly change his tune when he won his Senate seat in 2022 (that's false reporting as well as obvious editorializing), he was a supporter throughout Trump's presidency.
>>
>>1316551
>he was a supporter throughout Trump's presidency.
I guess you must have missed him calling Trump Hitler on Morning Joe
>>
>>1316534
He's the perfect GOP politician. He's perfectly willing to compromize any moral or ethical stance in the pursuit of power.
>>
>>1316566
It's funny because he believes Satan is real and influencing Americans and also refers to Alex Jones as a truth teller. The whole concept of Satan is absurdist to me, but if there was a Satan, this kind of moral flip flopping just to grab as much power as possible is how he would act.

I'm so glad I'm not stuck in the US, at this point to matter who wins the election it looks like everything will implode.
>>
>>1316563
>on Morning Joe

sauce?
>>
>>1316534
ok so? you should vote for trump then he took one of his biggest critics as his VP shouldn't the left be happy about that. Oh wait the left just care about being POS and not reality
>>
>>1316563
I just wasted my time searching google for five minutes and couldn't find this so I'm calling this bullshit. The hitler comment was pulled out of a 2016 (during Trump's first run) private facebook message where his exact words were "I go back and forth between thinking Trump is a cynical asshole like Nixon who wouldn't be that bad (and might even prove useful) or that he's America's Hitler." Nothing past that.
>>
>>1316605
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/-noxious-see-maddow-expose-jd-vance-s-past-statements-about-trump-jan-6-and-more-214914117592
1:01
>>
>>1316607
>all dated 2016 except for one in july 2017 during first year of trump administration

that's exactly what i just said and what he claims - Trump's presidency changed his mind...
>>
>>1316621
Trump getting him elected to the Senate changed his mind.
>>
>>1316627
a baseless claim. idgaf, go off. it's just when journalists do this it triggers the fuck out of me.
>>
>>1316631
They wouldn't have made the claim if it was baseless. You might be on the wrong board.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pYSjxZfB6A
>>
>>1316635
it's not even the claims that he deleted tweets since he got his senate seat or formally retracted his prior statements at that point - that may all be technically true, i don't actually know myself; it's the insinuation that he only "changed his tune" because he won the seat. like it's some favors for favors thing completely ignoring the fact that he had tweets and public statements supporting Trump throughout his presidency. people will take away the wrong impression when they read his article and he knows that. journalists do this slimy shit all the time.
>>
>>1316566
He's also a fascist too, not even in a hyperbolic sense, but an actual one.
>>
>>1316566
>He's the perfect GOP politician
median*

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.