[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1714922268675851.jpg (93 KB, 698x1006)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4854801-vance-thiel-support-trump/

J.D. Vance is begging his old master Peter Thiel to help Donald Trump win the 2024 election.

The co-founder of PayPal and Palantir has helped swing elections in the past, but previously stated that he would sit this one out. However, Vance is trying to capitalize on their long-standing relationship to get Thiel “off the sidelines” and funding the Trump-Vance campaign, according to the Financial Times.

“I’m going to keep on talking to Peter and persuading him that—you know he’s obviously been exhausted by politics a little bit—but he’s going to be really exhausted by politics if we lose and if Kamala Harris is president,” Vance told the FT in an interview published Thursday.

“He is fundamentally a conservative guy, and I think that he needs to get off the sidelines and support the ticket.”

Vance was once Thiel’s pupil in Silicon Valley, and when Vance started his own fund, he was financially supported by the PayPal founder, whom he considered a mentor. When Vance ran for Senate in 2022, Thiel shelled out a record-breaking $15 million to secure his victory. Trump and Vance reportedly initially met through a meeting put together by Thiel himself.

The billionaire venture capitalist and Trump have fallen out in recent years, and Thiel did not financially support Trump in 2020. Last year, Thiel said he wouldn’t give “any money to Republican politicians in 2024,” but left the door open, saying “there’s always a chance I might change my mind.” Many have seen Trump’s pick of Vance as a nod toward Silicon Valley right-wingers like Thiel, Marc Andreessen, and Elon Musk.

In July, after Trump announced his V.P. pick, Thiel hinted that he could be swayed. “I always try to resist getting swept up in excitement,” he told The New York Times. “But in spite of many misgivings I had earlier this year, it makes me more hopeful that a second Trump term will be better than the first.”
>>
Did you see Kambalalalas interview?
>>
>>1336569
Nobody but the video editor did.
>>
>>1336583
Obamacare was a success though
>>
>>1336569
>>1336578
>>1336583
>Whataboutism
Meanwhile Bowman proves he's a weird creep again even getting softballs.
https://www.rawstory.com/jd-vance-cnn-interview/
>>
>>1336583
why didnt Trump get rid of obamacare then?
>>
>>1336617
And what was Trump's superior replacement he kept claiming he had?
>>
>>1336617
>why didnt Trump get rid of obamacare then?
Because McCain voted to keep it?

>>1336620
Getting rid of the individual mandate which, ironically, is what Obama wanted.
>>
>>1336596
For the millions of people who were uninsured before and now have medical insurance.
>>
>>1336666
That's a bad thing
>>
>>1336625
Just nationalize the system, imagine the trillions you'd save cutting out the corporate middle men who do nothing but leech the system.
>>
>>1336667
For big pharma, yes it is.
>>
>>1336671
>Just nationalize the system
Wanna know how I know you're American?

> imagine the trillions you'd save
Yeah because the VA is so cost-efficient and gives such great care.
>>
>>1336677
>He's a corporate booklicker
>>
>>1336679
Nah, I'm a capitalist.
>>
>>1336625
>Because McCain voted to keep it?
So, in other words, he failed as a leader. He came into the White House claiming he was a businessman that could bring people together and get deals passed and he was utterly incapable of getting anything done if it didn't fall strictly along party lines. Even then, the only thing he got done was tax cuts that added trillions to our deficit.

>Getting rid of the individual mandate which, ironically, is what Obama wanted.
False. The phrase he used time and time again was "repeal and replace". He claimed several times that he was just "a few weeks away" from releasing a comprehensive GOP healthcare proposal which he never did. He only pivoted back to the "well I got rid of the individual mandate" meme once it was called out that he completely flubbed on his Obamacare promise.
>>
>>1336680
So you deep throat that boot
>>
>>1336691
No.

>>1336690
>McCain did something and so its Trumps fault
meds.
>False
Obama was opposed to the individual mandate. It was Hillary's idea which he very famously opposed.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/06/how-obama-broke-his-promise-on-individual-mandates/259183/
>>
>>1336569
don't care. still not voting trump
>>
>>1336697
>meds
Trump came into the White House claiming he was a businessman who was going to bring everyone together and make deals. He failed at that. He was the leader. He failed to lead. He's the head of a governmental organization and was incapable of negotiating any deals like he promised. Cope.

>Obama was opposed to the individual mandate. It was Hillary's idea which he very famously opposed.
Trump promised to repeal and replace Obamacare. He promised that he'd be releasing a new healthcare plan "any week" several times throughout his presidency. He failed at both.
>>
>>1336697
Yes
>>
>>1336713
Good post

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.