[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Speak-No-Evil.jpg (11 KB, 352x198)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
James McAvoy Based His ‘Speak No Evil’ Role’s “Toxic Masculinity” On Andrew Tate
By Glenn Garner

September 1, 2024 9:41am

https://deadline.com/2024/09/james-mcavoy-based-speak-no-evil-role-andrew-tate-1236075214/

Although there’s no shortage of toxic masculinity in today’s world, James McAvoy crafted his latest role around a very specific person

The Speak No Evil star revealed that his sinister patriarch character Paddy from James Watkins upcoming Universal remake of the 2022 Danish thriller, which premieres in theaters on Sept. 13, was inspired by Andrew Tate.

“The thing I thought I could exploit in the character was, he thinks he’s a bit of a f— West Country Andrew Tate,” he explained to Empire.

"He’s like, ‘I’m going to teach you what it’s like to be a man again.’ But there’s a sort of polite face on it that isn’t quite Andrew Tate, enough of a sheen of, ‘I’m not one of those guys,'” added McAvoy. “[Paddy’s] challenging you, ‘Do you have a big enough d*** to have a drink with me?’, Or, ‘I’m sorry, this is too much for you because you’re not real enough.'”

The 2022 satirical thriller, directed by Christian Tafdrup, follows a Danish family on vacation to Tuscany, where they quickly bond with a Dutch family. Months later, they accept an invitation to visit their new friends in the Netherlands, but the stay quickly becomes uncomfortable.
>>
>>1337389
Remind me to miss that. Seems to be of the same cinematic calibre as CUCK. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAYipIDFuGo

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.