[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1713581950993273.png (198 KB, 941x1200)
198 KB
198 KB PNG
Black people celebrated the holiday today by lining up to use their personal checking accounts to commit criminal check fraud, apparently thinking they wouldn't be caught.
https://www.newsweek.com/chase-bank-glitch-viral-1947227
https://x.com/scubaryan_/status/1829932871664181596
Chase Bank 'Glitch' Goes Viral
apparent "glitch" at Chase Bank that allowed people to withdraw large amounts of money from their accounts without having the funds has gone viral on social media.

According to social media users, some people exploited a system error to withdraw money after depositing fake checks into their accounts or after applying for large loans at Chase Bank ATMs.

A spokesperson for Chase Bank told Newsweek that the issue has been rectified, and some are now reporting that their accounts have massive negative balances or have had holds put on them.

"We are aware of this incident, and it has been addressed," the spokesperson said. "Regardless of what you see online, depositing a fraudulent check and withdrawing the funds from your account is fraud, plain and simple."

Banks usually take several days to verify checks before making funds available in customers' accounts, but the glitch apparently meant money became available quickly, allowing people to withdraw the funds before the checks were identified as fraudulent.

Another viral post on X showed people lined up outside a Chase location in New York, with the user suggesting it was to take advantage of the glitch.

Now, some are reporting the severe consequences of trying to take advantage of the fault.

Some showed that they were now in massive debt, with one man reporting that his account showed he owes about $40,000. Other videos showed Chase imposed seven-day holds on affected accounts.

Some people noted that the glitch was actually just check fraud and that those who had filmed and posted themselves doing or attempting it on social media could face serious repercussions.
>>
>>1337733
Not only are they in massive debt now but they are going to be arrested. It's not like the bank doesn't know where they live.
What a stupid thing to do.
>>
>>1337858
He probably will. Or make up some crazy story like someone who wasn't him deposited a check into his account and withdrew the money without his knowledge
>>
It cannot be helped. Legitimately they would be more productive in agriculture.
>>
>>1337715
Love how low iq basement dwellers must slip in casual racism!
>>
>>1337928
I think the only thing being commented on is what was shown in the video is linked to in the news articles.
>>
>>1337715
30 years ago i played a game w/ my bank when i deposited a check for $600 and then went to another branch to withdraw it, as the teller would not cash it. It was a refund from International Correspondence School, Sally Struthers used to appear in their TV ads. I think they refunded the entire fee in error, I was afraid they would do a stop payment.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.