[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.jpg (64 KB, 900x598)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
https://www.cbsnews.com/philadelphia/news/philadelphia-activist-forging-guns-into-art-kensington/

At a Philadelphia workshop, guns are taken off the streets and transformed into works of art and everyday items with a powerful message.

Shane Claiborne, a Tennessee native, grew up around guns. But when he moved to North Philadelphia's Kensington neighborhood, he saw too many lives lost to gun violence.

He felt he had to do something, so two years ago Claiborne opened RAWtools Philadelphia.

"My philosophy is any gun we can chop up makes the world a little safer," he said.

"It's mindboggling what people have," Claiborne said of the weapons collected by the shop. "We've had grenade launchers, Uzis, weapons of war."

A lifelong activist, Claiborne has been to warzones to advocate for nonviolence, but never thought he'd be fighting a war on his home front.

When the Sandy Hook massacre happened in 2012, like many people across the country, Claiborne was hit hard."

"That was one of those wake up moments where our country was like never again, but then we let it happen again and again," he said.

After that, Claiborne joined the RAW effort, breaking down guns into jewelry, art and garden tools. On average, the group collects 1,000 guns a year.

In 2021, Claiborne began his raw war on guns in Philly, and the work is resonating with teens in the area.

"I like how they are changing guns into positive things instead of negative things," one teenager said.

Despite the challenges, Claiborne believes the city can win the war on guns. "Just as metal can change, so can our neighborhoods. So can policies. So can a human heart," he said.

The proceeds from all items sold by RAWtools Philadelphia go toward getting guns off the streets.
>>
>as God commands
>>1337747
Isaiah 2:4: 'And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more'
So much as think of having an opinion against the above, and you're going to Hell. 'And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people'
This means you, faggot gun schizo. if you say you're not religious, you're not a Christian. Trump is. Again, if you say you're not a Christian, you can't be a Trump voter. There are many Americans who vote for him who would say you're not a Christian and are worse than a hellbound Democrat if you say you're not a Christian.
Only faggots aren't Christian.
>>
>>1337749
Wow a man who actually followers the bible. Republicans in shambles.
>>
Republicans with a faggot running mate are a shambles. Followers of that which chose a homo as his mate are faggots themselves.
>>
>Checks nose
Seems normal sized, but something is off.
>Evanjewlical Christian
Aha.
>>
I have a friend who’s been a welder for 56 years. First for the navy, then for the nuclear power plants. He’s not your everyday kind of welder. Anyways he likes to buy guns cut at the breach. Now they say you cannot weld them back together, but him and his two apprentices have developed a way.
>>
>>1337749
>Non-religious person tries to quote the Bible to get religious people to do what he wants
Lol
>>
>retard tries to quote others in /news/ to stop someone in Philadelphia destroying guns
Lol
>>
>what somone in PA is doing
this triggers the faggot rightoids or they would just ignore this thread.
>>
the schizo faggot is still triggered, and not only at guns being destroyed in PA
>>
>>1337826
>>1337844
>make lame thread
>get mocked
>u... ur just triggered!
>>
>faggots can't personally do anything to stop a gun destroyer in PA. Gun schizos are malding about this
In Soviet Reality, mocked is you
>>
>>1337747
>On average, the group collects 1,000 guns a year.
lmao

Americans buy, on average, 500 new guns, every single hour of every single day.
>>
>Forge not works of art but swords of death, for therein lies great art.
What a faggot
>>
>>1337747
illegal short barrelled rifle in OP image.
>>
lotta triggered schizos
>>
>>1338019
they've made guns and gun ownership part of their identity like a good corporate evangelist
>>
>>1337795
>smirking steven colbert face
>>
>>1338320
no SBR is illegal, only some are untaxed.
>>
Honestly, fentanyl kills something like twice the number of people every year than guns, and fentanyl isn't a constitutional right.

Maybe we should address that first
>>
>>1338390
Technically, it is a constitutional right since the freedom to peacefully assemble definitely applies to assembling one's own body chemistry, but the fascists in charge have been ignoring that since nixon and trampling over american's rights to make up their own mind, so you could definitely get away with another illegal drug law while literal environmentally dangerous aerosol poisons remain readily available on supermarket shelves with no supervision or ID checks just in case you get the bloodlust and have a sudden urge to genocide all the local bugs or mice.
>>
Oh yeah this one random guy destroying a dozen fudd guns is really gonna stop the 16 million produced in 2023 alone
I’m quaking in my fucking boots over here guys, my gun loving days are apparently at an end :(
>>
>>1337749
Man, you had a genuinely cool reference to ancient apocalyptic literature going... And you made it about American political bullshit. American Christianity. I'm so tired of this all.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.