[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: znbjna.webm (227 KB, 1024x1024)
227 KB
227 KB WEBM
A top democrat official from New York has been arrested for corruption and being a Chinese agent
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/09/03/sun-indictment-arrest-live-00177169
A former New York state official who worked under Gov. Kathy Hochul and her predecessor ex-Gov. Andrew Cuomo was accused of trading on her connections to act as an undisclosed agent of the Chinese government, according to a sweeping federal indictment unsealed Tuesday.

Linda Sun, 41, was accused of using her influence as a top aide to both governors to shape state policy toward China and Taiwan, federal prosecutors alleged.

She was arrested Tuesday morning along with her husband, 40-year-old Chris Hu. The arrest came six weeks after their Long Island home was searched by the FBI.

Sun and Hu pleaded not guilty. Sun will be released on a $1.5 million bond and cannot have any contact with the Chinese consulate and mission. Hu will be released on a $500,000 bond. Sun and Hu have also had their travel limited to New York City, Long Island, Maine and New Hampshire.

Prosecutors accused Sun of using her position to block Taiwanese government officials from gaining access to the governor’s office, attempting to shape how New York government officials communicated on issues facing China and obtaining official state government proclamations for Chinese government representatives.

Sun also attempted to organize a trip to China with an unnamed top politician in New York state, according to the indictment.

The indictment, which was unsealed Tuesday after their arrest, laid out a series of allegations in which Sun is accused of attempting to leverage her jobs in state government and access to top elected officials at the behest of the Chinese government.
>>
In exchange, Sun and her husband received numerous gifts and benefits, including having a personal chef of a Chinese official prepare “Nanjing-style salted ducks” that were delivered to the home of her parents.

Hu’s business also received benefits. The couple were accused of laundering the proceeds and buying a $1.9 million condominium in Hawaii as well as other luxury goods.

“As alleged, while appearing to serve the people of New York as Deputy Chief of Staff within the New York State Executive Chamber, the defendant and her husband actually worked to further the interests of the Chinese government and the CCP,” stated United States Attorney Breon Peace. “The illicit scheme enriched the defendant’s family to the tune of millions of dollars.”

She was charged with violating the Foreign Agents Registration Act as well as visa fraud, money laundering and alien smuggling, prosecutors said.

Hu was charged with money laundering, conspiracy to commit bank fraud and the misuse of means of identification.

Sun rose to the position of deputy chief of staff to Hochul. She was later transferred to the state Department of Labor when she was fired by the Hochul administration in 2023.

“We terminated her employment in March 2023 after discovering evidence of misconduct, immediately reported her actions to law enforcement and have assisted law enforcement throughout this process,” spokesperson Avi Small said in a statement.
>>
>>1338009
>She was later transferred to the state Department of Labor when she was fired by the Hochul administration in 2023.
>“We terminated her employment in March 2023 after discovering evidence of misconduct, immediately reported her actions to law enforcement and have assisted law enforcement throughout this process,” spokesperson Avi Small said in a statement.
So the story here is Democrats self investigate, fire, and charge corrupt members of their staff instead of protecting them, like a different political party does?
>>
>>1338017
The faggot op always leaves out that it's a minor state-level official and portrays it like a national democrat.
>>
>>1338018
Oh, so it's only a little bit of chinese spying. Thanks for correcting the record.
>>
>>1338020
No it's only a state official's aide, not a "Top Democrat" like the faggot op thought
>>
>>1338018
>>1338017
>Meltdown
Democrats prove w every day they are the American Corruption Party
>>
>>1338018
More truthful than literally half of the leftist threads up on this board right now. Ffs one thread claims trump had a seizure on stage and another says he admitted to being gay

If you want to impotently birch about fake headlines, do it in those threads.
>>
Aren't they all?
>>
>>1338018
If I separated every active threads right now into "misleading threads posted by leftists" and "misleading threads posted against leftists" the former would outwiegh the latter by at least 5 to 1
>>
>>1338045
You poor victim, i hope you get reparations for the posts that hurt your feelings while you spam lies
>>
>>1338018
You poor victim, i hope you get reparations for the posts that hurt your feelings while you spam lies
>>
>>1338054
Seriously though, faggots like you are some of the worst. You bitch and moan and complain about other people doing exactly what you do.
>>
>>1338041
>he admitted to being gay
There's literally video of Trump admitting that he loves bottoming for lusty Dominican men.
>>
>>1338071
nobody forgot about steve bannon and guo wengui, faggot
>>
>>1338071
>So the story here is Democrats self investigate, fire, and charge corrupt members of their staff instead of protecting them, like a different political party does?
Apparently, that makes schizos angry and uncomfortable
>>
>>1338077
faggot
>>
>>1338074
Shills have trouble dealing with accountability and integrity, they're foreign concepts.
They'll keep raging that a minor aide got fired for committing a crime though.
>>
>>1338081
/k/ really did a number on you huh. keep repurposing insults intended for you i guess
>>
>>1338084
Stop responding to the shill, they start sperging out if you ignore them.
>>
>>1338085
you already told us how much left wing threads hurt your feelings anon. we're so sorry, dry your tears
>>
>>1338058
You sound incredibly outraged.
>>
it's true, imitation is truly a form of flattery.
>>
>>1338089
>Me thinks
No you don't. You shouldn't be on this board at all with your lack of thinking.
>>
>two Democrat state governors being in the pocket of the CCP
If that was remotely true it may be concerning, but unfortunately thats just a schizo lie directly contradicted by the article.
Its like a disingenuous shill is desperately lying to try to make democrats look bad. Or actually, spreading lies a smarter shill wrote and published on a major website.
They're not just a shill, they're a sheep.
>>
>>1338096
The shill is still pretending that firing and charging the aide with crimes is going along with them
lmao
>>
>>1338102
They seem angry that the chinese agent got fired
You know who gets angry when chinese agents get caught? Chinese shills
>>
>>1338105
Naah they're angry this thread made by a GOP thnktank shill with a false and misleading title is shitting up the board
>>
>>1338098
>You can't stop my shitposting ah ha ha ha!
Hilarous
>>
>>1338111
>"Nanjing-style salted ducks"
are we supposed to know what those are? you suck at this anon
>>
>>1338096
>two Democrat state governors being in the pocket of the CCP
Who the hell are you quoting? Nobody has implied this except you. The article (and op) state it was a New York democrat official
>>
>>1338111
Kek.
Good post.
>>
>>1338113
Their shitty shilling doesn't deserve a reply
Just let them flail
>>
>>1338124
nobody gives a fuck about your bad threads except you
>>
>>1338017
>>She was later transferred to the state Department of Labor when she was fired by the Hochul administration in 2023.
>>“We terminated her employment in March 2023 after discovering evidence of misconduct, immediately reported her actions to law enforcement and have assisted law enforcement throughout this process,” spokesperson Avi Small said in a statement.
>So the story here is Democrats self investigate, fire, and charge corrupt members of their staff instead of protecting them, like a different political party does?
Looks like this thread was done in one, and the local /news/ shill is still raging about it
>>
>>1338118
So I think we can all agree that the CCP used a democrat to influence two democrat governors to shape their policy towards China and Taiwan, since that is what the article is transitively stating
>>
>>1338126
To be honest it's just another example of a lefty having a melty
>>
>To be honest it's just another example of a righty having a melty
>>
>>1338129
Oh shit son, do they pay you less if you can't come up with an original post, or is it a flat fee?
>>
>>1338130
so you're just gonna be in this thread all day?
>>
>>1338131
They've been brainwashed to baselessly attack democrats, and they're going to keep at it.
In reality, everyone with a brain saw that it was a minor aide that got found out and fired.
Its the most democratic corruption they could find, so they need to make it work.
>>
>>1338135
It's really funny watching them cry about China now that Trump has commuted Steve Bannon's fraud indictment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIYuxdwHKE0
>>
i guess faggot op will continue to be a broken record until the thread is pruned
>>
>>1338142
News Schizo has been doing this for a long time.
>>
>>1338141
>>1338142
>>1338144
Oh my, the lefty is having another melty it seems
>>1338140
Good post
>>
>>1338140
>two state governors being in the pocket of the CCP
except
>“We terminated her employment in March 2023 after discovering evidence of misconduct, immediately reported her actions to law enforcement and have assisted law enforcement throughout this process,” spokesperson Avi Small said in a statement.
Local shill sure is angry that Democratic officials fired a pro-chinese aide, and is pretending that means they're in China's pocket?
>>
>>1338152
Well, they were useful idiots for the CCP.
The only one in their pocket was the democrat official working for them
>>
>>1338152
he's retarded, don't blame him
>>
>>1338142
The thread isn't going to be pruned. Standards have fallen.
>>
>>1338142
Why would this thread be pruned? Because you don't like what politico is reporting?
>>
>>1338159
Shitposts get pruned. You should know.
>>
>>1338161
So I guess the leftist threads titled "trump says he's gay and does anal in the ass with trump jr" is the first on the list of threads to go, eh?
>>
he's still upset
>>
>>1338161
And I guess next would be "trump drops n bomb and has epilepsy on stage" the second one.
Because an article titled "democrat official from New York arrested for fraud and corruption" isn't a shitpost whatsoever since that is exactly what Politico reported, and you are literally just malding
>>
>>1338173
You surely are lmao.
How's the CCP treating you these days?
>>
well faggot op, have fun hanging out in your thread all day projecting. i have things to do
>>
>>1338172
>>1338174
Good to know which threads make you seethe
>>
>>1338177
>i have things to do
Lmao I'm sure you do, shill.
Go mald over rampant democrat corruption while you goon to Elon musk and trump
>>
>>1338008
It kinda trips me out how much /news/shill anger is generated by this politico report
>>
He bumped his shit thread again because nobody was posting in it
>>
>>1338319
Should he apologize?
>>
in other news, op was a faggot
>>
>>1338364
... Because news was posted that you don't like?
Maybe you should take that up with politico.
>>
does anyone know the real reason why op is a fag
>>
Chinese propagandist controlled the NY State governorship for two governors. She changed speeches and press releases and blocked Taiwan's PM from meeting with the governor.

it would be a bigger story if not for this being a common occurrence.
>>
>>1338375
That's why the leftist China shills are so enraged at this thread.
Thanks
>>
>>1338373
>>1338364
Why r u mad tho
>>
>>1338008
>democrat
>Chinese agent
so all of them
>>
>>1338531
Say hi to guo for us
>>
What's funny is every time this thread is bumped the leftist /news/ shills need to bump at least 10 of their own threads otherwise they get their pay reduced.
>>
>>1338660
You sound incredibly angry, Mr. Kwok.
>>
>>1338660
every time you bump your own thread you get made fun of
>>
>>1338664
>>1338665
slide slide slide slide hide that democrat corruption.
Make any good deals with the CCP lately?
>>
>>1338706
bump your shitty thread again?
>>
ITT I learned retards think 'Democrat Corruption' means firing corrupt aides when you find out they broke the law, and making sure they get tried in court.
It makes sense, because then there can't be any Republicunt corruption because they don't prosecute their corrupt. JENIUS
>>
>>1338708
>ITT I learned retards think 'Democrat Corruption' means firing corrupt aides when you find out they broke the law, and making sure they get tried in court.
No, it means being a corrupt Democrat. The ultimate outcome of this discovery has nothing to do with the moniker "democrat corruption"
>>
>>1338720
>actually punishing corruption doesn't matter
Republicunt self-own?
>>
>>1338723
If you just make up things nobody ever said you can win any argument.
>>
>>1338727
we already know that's how you operate
>>
>>1338728
"We"?
You were coming across as schizophrenic. Ensure, any excuse you pull out of your ass is just as good as any other. So let's just go with "it's all made up"
>>
Reviewing every thread on /news/ right there, there are currently a total of 578 corrupt Democrat officials being reported in recent news articles.
576 corrupt California Democrats convicted of fraud here: >>1337121
1 in op
And 1 here: >>1338712

I think that's a new record of democrat corruption on /news/
>>
>>1338747
>>1338804
and now your thread will sink back to the bottom of the page.
>>
>>1338805
Not quite, you've only bumped 3 other threads in the last hour
>>
>>1338805
You do try to slide this sort of thing
>>
>>1338843
>>1338978
Will you please stop samefagging your shit threads and let them die a natural death faggot. I know you think it's cute but nobody cares
>>
>>1338981
I don't think you know what samefagging is, because reply to your meltdown posts surely is not that
>>
>>1338981
How about instead of you autistically screeching in every Post in this thread, we talk about the news?
Did you hear that this Democrat doesn't want the word corruption to be used at his Federal corruption trial? What do you think of that?
>>
he samefagged again
>>
>>1339002
But enough about you and your mental illnesses, let's talk about the news.
Did you hear this Democrat was a Chinese spy and was used by China to influence official policy regarding Taiwan and China?
What are your thoughts?
>>
>>1339003
you only have a few more hours to repeat yourself ad infinitum while nobody listens until the thread is permanently gone
>>
>>1339007
It is not difficult to find news on corrupt Democrats.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.