[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1701829592780981.jpg (498 KB, 707x1109)
498 KB
498 KB JPG
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-commuted-sentences-domestic-violence-1948190
A convicted murderer whose sentence was commuted by Donald Trump has been convicted in Florida of an attack on his wife.

Trump commuted Jaime A. Davidson's sentence on January 20, 2021, the former president's last day in office. That month, Trump issued 143 pardons and commutations, including Davidson's. This is the second case of domestic violence by someone released by Trump to have emerged in the last week.

In July 2024, Davidson was sentenced to three months in jail for domestic violence, according to court records obtained by the news site Popular Information. Davidson's reoffending had not been previously reported.

The prosecutor in Davidson's 1990 conviction, John Duncan, objected after hearing that Davidson was released.

"If you ask me for a list of people who nobody should give a presidential commutation to, Davidson would pretty much be at the top of the list," Duncan told The New York Times in 2021.

The story was investigated by Popular Information's editor, Judd Legum.

Davidson was convicted of murdering Wallie Howard Jr., an undercover agent. Howard was shot in Syracuse, New York, and the killer stole $42,000 from him.

Davidson had planned the robbery and given the killer a gun. He was not present when Howard was killed, but prosecutors argued that Howard's death was a reasonably foreseeable consequence of the robbery.

In 1993, Davidson was sentenced to life in prison without parole.

On March 31, 2023, just over two years after Trump released Davidson, he was charged in Orlando, Florida, with battery by strangulation and domestic violence. Davidson was accused of strangling Nayeli Chang, to whom he had been married for five months.

Chang told a subsequent trial that Davidson "grabbed me by the neck with his left hand and choked me." She told him to "let me go because I can't breathe."
>>
He then grabbed her. Chang told the jury she "felt weak, and my body started feeling cold." She said she "thought she was going to die" and that "the only thing I could think of was my child who was in the other bedroom."

Chang later told her that she "couldn't call the police" because, if she did, she would be deported, and they would take away her son.

Davidson didn't testify but wrote a 54-page email for the court and the media in which he claimed his innocence and quoted from a White House press release announcing his clemency.

Although Davidson's murder sentence was commuted, he is still on supervised release, and federal prosecutors have filed a violation of its terms. That means he may have to serve additional time when his domestic violence sentence has finished.

It emerged on August 26 that a convicted loan shark and drug smuggler whose sentence was commuted by Trump was arrested for assaulting his wife and father-in-law.

The father of 41-year-old Jonathan Braun had hired Trump's impeachment lawyer, Alan Dershowitz, for legal advice on commutation.

Newsweek reached out to Dershowitz and lawyers for Trump and Braun via email for comment on Tuesday.

Braun was released after serving five years of a 13-year sentence for drug importation and money laundering.

Braun has now been indicted in Long Island, New York, for petit larceny, one count of assault with injury on a person 65 years or older and two counts of assault with intent to cause injury in the third degree.

He was previously convicted of money laundering and importing marijuana. The Federal Trade Commission fined him $20 million in February for predatory lending practices.
>>
check out the giuliani grill
>>
>>1338368
>>1338369
The 'Party of Law and Order', folks.
>2020: Republicans Against Trump
https://x.com/rpsagainsttrump
No wonder there'll be those Republicans who'll say to Trump voters here in /news/ 'Don't care, Voting Democrat' two months from now.
>>
>>1338371
>Republicans Against Trump
More Democrat monkeyshines. They know they don't have winning ideas so they larp and think people believe them.
>>
>>1338368
>Davidson was convicted of murdering Wallie Howard Jr., an undercover agent.
not a crime, killing entrapping glowies is moral.
>>
0.02 peanuts have been given to you, GOPshill. The monkey that is Trump controlled by Putin the organ grinder values your hard work
>>
>glowies
The schizo subhuman racist retard Terry A Davis being given a Darwin Award by that train - thus ensuring there's one less subhuman in the world - was moral.
>>
>>1338384
>the man that made temple OS was moral
yes
>>
>the erasing from existence the schizo Terry A. Davis was moral
yes
>>
>>1338371
Its actually really funny watching the left engage with this caricature of the right that they have created in their minds.

Trumps in-party support is fantastic and has been for the better part of a decade. The only never-Trump Republicans are grifters like Lauren Chen (lmao just got indicted by the DOJ for being a Russian asset) and neocons.
>>
>>1338384
If I ever see you in person and you talk negatively about Terry Davis, I will seriously smash your face in Minecraft.
Dude was a thousand times smarter than you could ever hope to be
>>
>>1338389
Good post
>>
>>1338388
This isn't even proper English you ESL China shill. It's not even a typo, it's just shit English skills
>>
The peanut G(OP)allery speak
Good luck in getting full 3D Minecraft running in Lose(r)Thos. You'll never do so in a retarded OS brainfarted by a subhuman schizo. That train did the world a favor: erasing that subhuman retard from existence.
>>
>>1338403
You really need some more English lessons chang
>>
Those which mourn for a schizo retard must learn lessons about not being so thin skinned about their dead boyfriend. So what if a retard's dead? That's his and your problem, Not mine.
>>
>>1338389
So Republicans are weak on crime? Good to know
>>
>>1338474
Yes
>>
>>1338368
What is Jamie A Davidson’s skin color? The article doesn’t say.
>>
>>1338686
Oh I found a different article with a picture of him. You’ll never guess the color of his skin! https://popular.info/p/murderer-whose-life-sentence-was
>>
>>1338689
Oh my god! He’s an American of African ancestry! Who could have seen this coming, that a cop killing drugpin American of African ancestry could do such a thing?
>>
>>1338686
>>1338689
>>1338692
So anyway why did Trump get that cocaine trafficking murderer out of jail so he could attack more people?
>>
hmm
>>
I wonder what's for dinner
>>
s
>>
>>1338776
To win the vote of the LGBTQ community.
>>
>>1339047
?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.