[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1677646845474149.png (10 KB, 490x539)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
https://jewishinsider.com/2024/09/tucker-carlson-darryl-cooper-holocaust-revisionist-republicans-trump/

As Tucker Carlson faces backlash for airing a friendly interview with a Holocaust revisionist on his online show this week, some prominent Republicans are publicly raising concerns about the far-right pundit’s influential position in former President Donald Trump’s inner circle — as he increasingly imports extreme views and fringe conspiracy theories into party discourse.

In recent months, Carlson has played a key role in assisting Trump’s campaign as an informal adviser. Behind the scenes, he lobbied aggressively for Trump to choose Sen. JD Vance (R-OH) as his running mate — anointing an ideological heir to the MAGA movement. The former Fox News host also helped broker Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s endorsement of Trump, who last week rewarded the former Democrat with a leadership position on his presidential transition team — unnerving some party members.

In July, Carlson, 55, delivered a major primetime address on the last night of the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee, where he sat with Trump in the former president’s VIP box. Later this month, Carlson is also slated to appear with Vance for a live interview in Pennsylvania, part of a nationwide tour of battleground states in the leadup to the election.

Meanwhile, Carlson, who helms an independent streaming service, has continued to invite a range of controversial figures onto his show, including some guests who have promoted antisemitic conspiracy theories as well as anti-Israel sentiments that he has abstained from challenging. But his decision to host a self-proclaimed podcast historian, Darryl Cooper, who has praised Adolf Hitler and believes Winston Churchill was the “chief villain” of World War II, has drawn unusually fierce criticism from top party members.
>>
In the interview, Cooper diminished the Holocaust by claiming that “millions of prisoners of war” had “ended up dead” in concentration camps, suggesting the Nazis did not have genocidal aims against Jews but were simply “unprepared” for the war, among other false assertions. Dani Dayan, the chairman of Yad Vashem, the World Holocaust Remembrance Center in Jerusalem, said on Wednesday that Carlson and Cooper “engaged in one of the most repugnant Holocaust denial displays of the last years,” calling their discussion “antisemitic, ahistorical” and “an affront to the victims.”

The interview has alarmed leading Jewish Republicans who are frustrated that Carlson would approvingly amplify such views and dismayed by his influence in Trump’s campaign, where he is a close ally of Donald Trump Jr., a key adviser to his father.

While many Republican lawmakers have been reluctant to publicly criticize Carlson, a handful of GOP House members took aim at the commentator on Wednesday, underscoring the shocking nature of his recent interview with Cooper.

“Platforming known Holocaust revisionists is deeply disturbing — during my time in the State Assembly, I worked with Democrats and Republicans to help pass legislation aimed at ensuring all students in New York received proper education on the Holocaust, something Mr. Cooper clearly never had,” Rep. Mike Lawler (R-NY), whose district in New York’s Lower Hudson Valley includes a sizable Jewish constituency, said in a statement to Jewish Insider.

Rep. Don Bacon (R-NE), a Republican facing a tough reelection, said that “Hitler conducted mass genocide against the Jewish people and triggered the most deadly war in human history,” arguing that there is “no whitewashing this evil man’s history.”
>>
“I admired Winston Churchill for galvanizing Great Britain to fight alone after the fall of France and eventually defeating Nazi Germany with the U.S. and USSR,” Bacon added in a statement shared with JI. “Revisionist history on the Holocaust is a lie and does harm in the fight against antisemitism.”

Trump’s rapport with Carlson, who has long been rumored to harbor presidential ambitions of his own, also threatens to jeopardize his campaign’s efforts to make inroads with Jewish voters in key battleground states who have grown disillusioned with the Democratic Party in the wake of Hamas’ Oct. 7 attacks on Israel.

“He seems to have tremendous sway on the campaign and on Donald Trump — and that doesn’t make me happy at all,” Fred Zeidman, a top GOP donor and Republican Jewish Coalition board member who backed Nikki Haley for president, said in an interview with JI on Wednesday. “Tucker Carlson is not leading the Republican Party in the direction of a party that I have been proud to be a member of.”

Eric Levine, a prominent GOP fundraiser who is reluctantly supporting Trump — and has assailed his decision to invite Kennedy, a vaccine skeptic and conspiracy theorist, into the fold — called Carlson “a very troubling person” with “hateful” and “very odd views of the world.” The commentator has espoused “populist, isolationist” sentiments and “antisemitic tropes,” Levine told JI, voicing reservations with his proximity to Trump’s campaign. “I’d rather Tucker Carlson be further away than closer.”

Carlson’s team did not respond to a request for comment from JI, nor did the Trump campaign.

Shabbos Kestenbaum, a Jewish campus activist and erstwhile progressive Democrat who recently turned away from his party over its approach to Israel and antisemitism, delivered a speech at the RNC in July, where he voiced his support for Trump’s policies on anti-Jewish discrimination.
>>
But Kestenbaum, who is scheduled to address the RJC’s annual leadership summit in Las Vegas on Thursday, suggested that he is still uncomfortable with some aspects of Trump’s coalition. “I loudly and publicly walked out of the RNC when Tucker Carlson spoke,” he said in a text message to JI on Wednesday, “and there should be no place for him or his politics of hate and falsity in our political system.”

He said he would continue to “call out far-left and far-right antisemitism” as he sees it.

As Trump draws some heightened scrutiny for his association with Carlson and other figures on the extreme right, there are no signs that the former president is distancing himself from the former Fox News host amid a tightening race with Vice President Kamala Harris.

“I continue to believe that Donald Trump is best served by appealing to the center of the party,” Levine, who is also an RJC board member, explained to JI on Wednesday. “We can hit the Ronald Reagan wing of the party to appeal to Reagan Republicans, moderates, independents, women. I just think that’s a more fertile area for votes, and I would encourage him to focus there and distinguish himself from Kamala Harris on policy.”

But as long as Carlson continues to have Trump’s ear, that hope seems unlikely to be fulfilled. “I wish Donald Trump wasn’t as close to him,” Zeidman said. “We’ve got to get our party back — and that’s not where Tucker Carlson is taking it.”
>>
this was an anti-Israel website until 2016.
>>
Conservatives: I can't believe my racist friend turns out to be an antisemite.
>>
>>1338869
NOT
THE
HECKIN'
ISRAEL

>>1338993
>Interviewing someone means you agree with them
AAAIEEEE I'M A MENTALLY IMPAIRED LEFTOID! HELP!
>>
>>1338994
At what point did you realize you had become indoctrinated by the far right?
>>
>>1338995
There was actually a point where I realized I became indoctrinated by the far left.
Gradually, I began to hate them.
>>
It must be weird being a leftist. Having to simultaneously hate the jews while constantly defending them must be exhausting.
>>
>>1338997
you meant evangelists
>>
>>1338886
It still is, but the paid shills and bots outnumber humans 10:1. That's really something the liberals and conservatives on this site agree on.
>>
>this was an anti-Israel website until 2016.
no matter how many times you tourists claim it, it'll never be true
>>
>>1338997
>Having to hate the jews
I never have. Because I've never had a reason to.
Hating rightists? Always have. Because they're inferior subhumans that exist. That's the difference.
>>
>>1339050
Take it easy, moshe. You're going to bust a gasket.
>>
Ashkenazi Jews are Italian-blooded larpers who have little to no genetic or spiritual ties to the historical Kingdom of Israel
If the only thing validating their claim to the land is their scriptures then Christians and Muslims claims to the area are equally as valid
>>
>so >>1339052 without a foreskin is raging at >>1339050 who still has his
Thanks for admitting the reason why so many retards are antisemitic: they're self-hating Jews too, otherwise they would still have their foreskins.
>>
>>1339001
no, they just unconditionally worship jews and israel
>>
>>1339453
jews are white
>>
>>1339001
>9001
God post
>>
>>1339359
Can you point to one post where you haven't appeared to be a constantly butthurt troon?
>>
I can point out to the post of that which is a constantly butthurt troon: >>1339052
>>
>>1338993
>everything the right does is racist
Settle down libtard
>>
>everything the right does is racist
>>1338993
>Conservatives: I can't believe my racist friend turns out to be an antisemite
>>1338869
>QED
Someone is relaxing while a rightard is going down with a serious case of seething
>>
>>1338997
Based fact. These leftists usually gargle jew cum every chance they get.
>>
>>1339508
>someone is relaxing
Me and I'm watching the leftist (you) come down with a serious case of seething
>>
Based Fact: pointing out the intrusive thoughts of others makes rightards seethe thus they prove they're retards when they reply to this post
>cum
Weird
>>
Watching rightards seethe when they reply to those they don't like gives me schadenfreude because they prove they're inferior subhuman retards when they do.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.