[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1725369912338964.jpg (56 KB, 640x426)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
https://fortune.com/2024/09/05/donald-trump-truth-social-tmtg-stock-price/
Donald Trump is nearing the day he can cash out of Truth Social’s parent company, raising concerns of a potential sell-off that could hit the meme stock hard.

On paper, Trump’s stake in Trump Media and Technology Group (TMTG) is valued at $1.95 billion, which could help cover his mounting legal fines.

However, when he agreed to a reverse merger with Digital World Acquisition Company (DWAC) on March 25, he accepted a six-month lockup period, preventing him from selling his 115 million shares.

Trump owns 59% of TMTG, and any sale could tank the stock unless done in small batches.

With the lockup expiring in three weeks, investors are growing anxious.

Trump’s financial situation appears strained—he’s been selling Trump-themed sneakers, “God Bless the USA” Bibles, and now offering a piece of the suit he wore during his first debate with Joe Biden to collectors who purchase $1,500 worth of digital Trump trading cards.

On Wednesday, TMTG shares fell 6%, closing just below $17. This wipes out all gains for the year, while the S&P 500 has risen 16% over the same period.

TMTG officials did not respond when approached for a statement, while Trump left a Fortune request for comment both on Truth Social and X unanswered.
>>
A Republicans still prop this conjob us as some smart buisnessman
>>
>>1339082
There was a TV show on a major network for a decade and a half reinforcing that idea that he's a business genius, but in reality he lost the most money of any person in the 1990s.
>>
>>1339126
Bankruptcy is a common business strategy in real estate. It allows you to get your buildings on the cheap.
>>
>>1339131
>thinking he meant to go bankrupt six times as part of a business strategy
Is this one of the famous 4d chess moves I've heard so much about?
>>
>>1339153
No, its not a 4D chess move. Its an incredibly common strategy.
>>
>>1339165
and repeatedly going bankrupt while still bragging about being filthy rich makes you highly untrustworthy
>>
>>1339169
>engaging in routine business strategies makes you untrustworthy
>>
>>1339172
failing and not living up to expectations makes you untrustworthy. why do you think so many of trump's former partners dislike him
>>
>>1339174
he's a grifter, i'm really not sure why you suck him off like this unless you're on his payroll
>>
>>1339173
Earlier you said it was bankruptcy
Now you say its because people dont like him.

My guess is that you have an emotional dislike for him and are going to stick with it no matter how many times its proven to be irrational.
>>
>>1339168
>How many buildings does he own
Like 2?
>how many of them are literally gold
None of them are literally made of gold
>and have his name on them?
I'm not sure what his narcissism has to do with anything. Having the name "Trump" on a building isn't the automatic gold mine you seem to think it is.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dominick
>>
>>1339177
You're actually talking to multiple people and they're entirely justified in their criticism.
>>
>>1339180
>you're talking to multiple people!
Nope. Only one (you) to each of my posts. Its just (you).
>>
>>1339179
>You claimed he's a broke failure because he's declared bankruptcy a few times.
Six times is much more than "a few".
>This is provably objectively false.
Go ahead and try to prove it then. You haven't so far.
>Now you'll cry about it.
We're all crying that you're a retarded trump simp. That much you got right.
>>
>>1339181
Ahh so you've got a mental illness. It figures.
>>
>>1339182
>Go ahead and try to prove it then.
I'm a real estate lawyer so its pretty easy
>buy $100m building
>purchase made with a loan by an entity you control
>declare bankruptcy
>your loan (1st lien) wipes all other liens
>you then credit bid at the foreclosure acution
>because you're credit bidding, you can bid up to $100million without spending any money
>other bidders stop bidding at $100m because thats the value of the building
>you bid a couple million over to secure the auction sale
>congratulations, you just bought a $100m building for ~$10m
I appreciate that you wont understand this, and no I am not going to teach you unless you pay me a retainer.
>>
>>1339190
better donate your life savings to him just to be sure
>>
>>1339185
>>1339189
>>1339190
It sounds like you fell for his memes
https://www.curbed.com/article/trump-lawsuit-real-estate-nyc-property-letitia-james.html
But Trump’s golden façade has been crumbling for years. Since he was elected president, units in his buildings have sold for less than those in their luxury competitors and struggled with vacancies. Condo boards across Manhattan have voted to remove his name from their buildings; in 2019, even the flagship Trump International Hotel and Tower agreed to reduce the size of his name. But Trump’s grift came into sharper focus after New York attorney general Letitia James’s civil lawsuit in late September, which alleges that Trump and his family fraudulently inflated the value of their properties in order to receive favorable loans and, in the process, hundreds of millions of dollars. In mid-February, Justice Arthur Engoron found the Trump Organization guilty, and the judgment, tallied on February 23, totals $454 million with interest. Engoran’s ruling doesn’t permanently bar Trump and his eldest children from running the Trump Organization, but Trump is barred from running any corporation in the state for three years, while his sons Donald Jr. and Eric are barred for two.
>>
>>1339207
>In mid-February, Justice Arthur Engoron found the Trump Organization guilty, and the judgment, tallied on February 23, totals $454 million with interest. Engoran’s ruling doesn’t permanently bar Trump and his eldest children from running the Trump Organization, but Trump is barred from running any corporation in the state for three years, while his sons Donald Jr. and Eric are barred for two.
This ruling is 1000% going to be overturned on appeal.
>>
>>1339209
According to whom?
>>1339214
>I don't understand the difference between equity and liquidity
Yep
>>
>>1339218
>According to whom?
Me, the guy who practices real estate law. It will be overturned because now no one can ever value their property without committing a crime.

>>I don't understand the difference between equity and liquidity
It seems you dont.
>>
>>1339222
You might want to reread the OP story again before you go incorrectly citing Trump's net worth again.
>>
>>1339222
>Me, the guy who practices real estate law.
So it's going to be even funnier when you're proven wrong (again). Got it.
>It seems you dont.
If his debt exceeds his net worth then his net worth isn't worth much.
>>
>>1339232
>So it's going to be even funnier when you're proven wrong (again
And when its inevitably overturned because it makes real estate transactions in the state of New York completely impossible?

>If his debt exceeds his net worth then his net worth isn't worth much.
Depends on the debt and how its structure. For real estate you want debt as I explained here >>1339189
>>
>>1339233
>TMTG has now lost 80% of its value since hitting its all-time high of $79.38 on March 26, the stock’s first day of trading under the DJT ticker. That valued Trump’s personal stake at nearly $9.11 billion at the time.

>The stock may continue to decline. Last week, CEO Devin Nunes and CFO Philip Juhan sold $2.5 million worth of shares, further dampening investor sentiment.

>Despite its $3.4 billion market cap, the loss-making social media company is trading at over 1,000 times its annual revenue. Sales for the first half of the year were just $1.6 million, with deeply negative cash flow.

>Wall Street analysts avoid TMTG due to its “meme stock” status, attracting little interest from professional investors. Even if analysts wanted to cover it, TMTG doesn’t publish key metrics, including its number of active, monetizable users.
>>
>>1339234
>And when its inevitably overturned because it makes real estate transactions in the state of New York completely impossible?
99.9% of all people don't commit bank fraud like Trump did.
>Depends on the debt and how its structure.
That's the point. You're ignoring his massive debts on purpose.
>>
>>1339236
>the idiot who thinks Trump is worth $3.8B is calling other people idiots
pottery
>>1339237
lol no it is not
>>
>>1339238
>99.9% of all people don't commit bank fraud like Trump did.
99% of real estate investors value their own properties when they make loan applications. You dont understand the case.
>You're ignoring his massive debts on purpose.
see >>1339189
>>
>>1339240
>no no no you don't understand why Trump is actually innocent despite a jury convicting him of felonies
L E L
>>
>>1339240
Again, reread the op story so you can see how Trump's net worth is continually eroding.
>>
>>1339243
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_of_Donald_Trump
>The court found that Donald Trump had for years committed fraud against banks, insurers and others by exaggerating his net worth and significantly overvaluing assets in documents used to make deals and secure financing.
lel
>>
>>1339246
You can take all the accounting classes you want but Trump is still lying about his net worth.
>>
>>1339249
>by exaggerating his net worth and significantly overvaluing assets
>exaggerating his net worth
>exaggerating
>>
>"gross"
There's probably 144 reasons why nobody will trust the orange thing that is financial poison. I'm reminded of an anti-Nixon slogan: Would you buy a used car from this man?'
I bet even his $26,000 Vacheron Constantin watch isn't worth that much anymore: it'll have depreciated in value. As opposed to the Patek Philippe watch owned by the Dalai Lama.
>>
>>1339247
>Source: Your gaping asshole
>>
>Trump's wealth
>Source: his gaping asshole
>>
>>1339242
Yes.

The case is a farce. That is literally the argument I made. Repeating it back to me is not a counter-argument.
>>
>>1339270
>There's probably 144 reasons why nobody will trust the orange thing that is financial poison
His lenders said, in court and under oath, that they will continue doing business with him as he is so profitable.
>>
>>1339285
>Russian lenders said
fixed that for you, shill
its because they're not making their money back on the loans.
>>
>>1339275
>>1339284
These are shitty coping mechanisms
>>
>>1339292
You just don't understand.
The fake crimes they accuse Biden of and have no evidence for - 100% real
The real crimes Trump committed, tried in a court of law with evidence? 100% fake
Source? YOU JUST GOTTA BELIEVE~
>>
>>1339292
See >>1339275
>>
>>1339294
Were the prosecutors presenting the jury evidence from their gaping assholes?
>>
>>1339168
being a huge blowhard and lying on tax paperwork in order to convince banks that yes that multibillion dollar loan is a great idea is a pretty straightforward way for people much richer than you to give you handouts to build some ugly buildings
>>
>>1339249
after several years of investigation into the dark nooks and crannies of his business operations, which should be noted he fought tooth and nail to keep confidential, he was found by a court of law to be quite notably doing that exact thing right there

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.