[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

https://nypost.com/2024/09/06/business/time-snubs-elon-musk-from-100-most-influential-people-in-ai/

Time snubbed tech titan and artificial intelligence backer Elon Musk from its annual list of the “100 Most Influential People in AI” – but slapped actress Scarlett Johansson on this year’s cover.

The magazine created a composite image for its 2024 cover showing the photos of 18 AI leaders, topped by Nvidia boss Jensen Huang that also prominently featured the “Black Widow” star.

The second annual TIME100 AI edition, released Thursday, also highlighted leading CEOs, including Anthropic’s Dario Amodei and OpenAI’s Sam Altman, as well as founders and influencers in the fast-growing field.

Yet Musk, who launched xAI last summer and its chatbot Grok has gained traction against rivals like ChatGPT, was conspicuously absent from its pages.

The century-old magazine is now owned by Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff, whose software company has been a major investor in AI startup Anthropic, creating a $500 million AI fund to back emerging companies.

“Disclosures are included throughout the TIME100 AI list for any companies mentioned that are backed by Salesforce Ventures, the corporate venture capital arm of Salesforce, where TIME’s owner and co-chair, is CEO,” a Time spokesperson told The Post in a statement.

Time’s head-scratching decision to snub the Tesla and SpaceX founder led to an uproar on social media.

“Every person on this top 100 list if asked would say Elon should be on this list,” one user posted on X.

Another user said the affront was proof of Time’s “bias and lack of integrity” and “their personal vendetta against him.”

The billionaire founded Neuralink in 2016, which made headlines early this year when it successfully implanted a brain chip in a paralyzed patient, allowing him to browse the web and play Internet games with his mind.
>>
I'm sure Muskrat will feature on the cover of Time magazine when he's more influential than Scarlett Johanssen.
>she has played Major Motoko Kusanagi in the most recent adaptation of Ghost in the Shell
>how that creation by Masamune Shirow has influenced Cyberpunk since Blade Runner: who even inspired Kevin Warwick to ultimately become a prominent Professor of Cybernetics
And how can Musk be influential enough to surpass a character in manga which resulted in various anime series? When he becomes Ugly Bastard
>>
>>1339498
oh boy the magazine who put anita sarkessean as the most influential person of the year woo be me, how will the world ever recover. Can the times and its writers just all die already from a stroke.
>>
>Time Magazine had on their cover Greta Thunberg as Person of the Year
Good
>>
>>1339498
>Time snubs Elon Musk from 100 most influential people in AI — but includes Scarlett Johansson
I'm not Elon Musk, I'm not even Scarlett Johansson. Why tf am I supposed to care about this?
>>
Leftists are so childish.
>>
>>1339627
Who are the leftists in this situation for you?
>>
Rightists are so childish by seething about something that should be a nothingburger for them: when it actually is.
>>
I mean, he's more about space exploration, not AI
>>
>>1339627
This. Look at how they responded to this post.
>>
Liberals should be marked so they can be easily identified in public. We need to openly laugh and mock these people.
>>
Rightists are marked by their retardation. And by their choice of headgear they mark themselves as MAGAtards. They are already pointed and laughed at by normal sane humans
>>
>>1339651
thanks ai, can i have a blueberry pie recipe?
>>
>>1339645
To be fair, they tend to mark themselves.
>>
Rightards are marked by custard pies in their faces flung into their faces by their Clown-in-Chief Don Old Fart.
>>
>>1339645
>>1339651
4channers are all marked with desperation
>>
lol doesn't even feature Yudkowsky

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.