[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: wut.png (99 KB, 966x454)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
Are easy driving tests like this common in America?
>>
>>27585659
Yes
I passed the written test with no prep, although barely.
I failed the real test the first time because i had never driven the big car before and messed up the three point turn.
But the second time I just drove around a small residential street and back to the DMV. Didn't even get on a real road.
This was in Florida 8 years ago
>>
>>27585659
yes, but the states that have easy tests often legally require liability insurance with ridiculously high premiums for new/young drivers to deter them from driving and ensure that people who fall victim to their poor driving get properly compensated
>>
Maryland made me do a prepared obstacle course that tested parallel parking and 3-pointers but it was easy
>>
>>27585768
True, but then niggers don't follow those laws and wind up with like two weeks of community service for totalling your car and driving up your back while uninsured
>>
>>27585659
If they don't make em piss easy they'll get accused of racism.
Same with the public education system and most of the courses in American colleges today.
>>
>>27585768
is that why 30% of drivers are uninsured in washington state?
>>
>>27585887
>>27585909
not my state -> not my problem
>>
>>27585909
Those are illegal spics.
>>
>>27585659
>Releigh NC
>niggers working at the DMV aren't very good at their jobs
Wow, really a shocking reddit post anon, thanks for sharing.
>>
File: 7q8pn0_large-941772743.png (103 KB, 718x600)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
>rural isolated state and community
>show up with a chevy product that needs jumped to even start the test, thanks GM
>make small talk with the boomer test giver who also runs the driving school here bullshitting about the local subaru dealership that went under
>just drive 5 minutes across town and back basically
>pull over to the side of the road on a random residential street with no street parked cars on the way back
>doesn't make me parallel park or check the distance from curb
>pass the test and don't even get told if I fucked anything up at all

It's entirely a social test to see if the person giving the test likes the cut of your jib.
I drove fine obviously but I could tell the test was bullshit unless if you did something seriously dangerous or stupid or if they just didn't like you for whatever reason it would be easy to fail you on some specific distance parked from curb or a less than perfect parallel park on a whim.
The secret is just to be nice and bold enough to casually talk to the old person giving the test, they are just a real human bean too and will favor you for treating them as such.
>>
File: 1703927676294975.jpg (48 KB, 792x612)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>27585659
I got my license in 2003.
My test practical portion was two parts.
Maneuverability, pic related but we had to go back and forward through each cone instead of being told which one. And a drive around the block.
My brother and I passed on our first tries. I got docked like a point or two because I took a wide turn(because there was construction in front of me right at the turn and I switched lanes to quickly, but it wasn't enough to fail me.
My sister failed the maneuverability portion three times.
>>
>>27585659
Yes, America is a gigantic shithole for driving.
>>
>>27585659
Yeah. I drive maybe 2 miles around a few blocks.
The asshole deducted 1 point from me because he asked me a question about right of way while i was driving and didn't give a detailed enough reply (but was correct)
>>
>>27585941
>show up with a chevy product that needs jumped to even start the test, thanks GM
sounds like you had a bad battery
why are you blaming GM?
>>
I got my license in Michigan in 2021 and I wouldn't say it's piss easy like driving around the block and doing one turn like they say in other states online. the test was over an hour long and involved backing into a spot, parallel parking, city driving, residential area driving, freeway driving, lane changes, unprotected left turn, right turn and so on. I wouldn't say the test is hard either, just enough to show the bare minimum that you aren't retarded and have the ability to further develop your skills as a new driver
>>
>>27585659
As someone who isn't a zoomer retard, yes. The written portion is trivial, not getting a 100% on it is a sign of being subhuman. It's shit like "what do you do at a blinking red light?" or "what does an octagonal sign represent?"

Then the actual driving portion is mostly "drive around the block" and a instructor might find a reason to deduct 1 point to show they are doing their job, but otherwise doesn't give a fuck and mostly will never say anything. It varies by state a bit with some Northern states requiring a tad more stuff (such as parallel parking) than most other states.

Most unlicensed drivers in the US are either illegal immigrants, actual retards, or people with multiple/severe DUIs (also retards).
>>
>>27585957
what am I supposed to be looking at?
>>
https://youtu.be/oA3jztvKRz4?t=19
Simple test. Probably 100x easier if you have a backup camera.
>>
File: 1609472423247.jpg (350 KB, 1200x1435)
350 KB
350 KB JPG
My test, in a smallish town in Idaho, was driving a loop around like 2 blocks
The instructor got upset I didn't immediately bend over for some cyclist who ran through an intersection from the left like he was god-king of the streets, but he couldn't do anything about it except powertrip at someone who wasn't listening
>>
>>27585988
Real good roads though, or so I've heard
Those Cali canyons every car journo and their mother uses for footage look incredible to drive through
>>
>>27585659
I was told to drive down the street and do a uturn then park, it was the easiest thing I've ever done.
>>
>>27587375
Interesting. My country has something similar, but a little more complicated
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h86oSFuZyZI
>>
>>27585941
>It's entirely a social test to see if the person giving the test likes the cut of your jib.
I took my driving test at 14, basically had to back out the parking spot, dive down the road a mile, find a spot to turn around, and go back. Passed with flying colors. I later heard people complaining about that tester as the "mean lady" because a bunch of retarded 16yr old girls didn't pass the first time and were bitching up a storm. Spoiler: they were so bad at driving even by our extremely lax standards they didn't pass. Of course they got their licenses eventually any way. One of them had a mint '66 mustang given to her by her dad that she wrapped around a tree after like 2 months of ownership, and needed a bunch of dental surgery.
>>
>>27585957
>>27587375
literally what is the point of this? You aren't testing to be a stunt driver.
>>
>>27585659
Absolutely, that's genuinely the biggest problem when it comes to our roads. They give out licenses like candy on Halloween to anyone who isn't blind or a downie. Basic shit like parallel parking isn't tested, we just let any old retard get behind the wheel.
>>
>>27588876
Because something might fall off a truck or run onto the road suddenly and the test is to see if you'll keep your cool and maneuver safely or if you'll panic and freeze up when you've only got 20 ft to react to something
>>
>>27588896
>Basic shit like parallel parking isn't tested
What lol? parallel parking was the first part of my test, if you fail it, you dont get your license and have to reschedule. The rest was super easy though, I had some old lady driving half the speed limit the whole time in front of me so I barely even had to think.
>>
>>27588511
I've not driven Cali roads like that, but Colorado and New Mexico have some good stuff. My favorite stuff I've driven so far is Scotland of all places.
>>
>>27589689
>we need to test drivers for something that will likely never happen
>>
>>27588876
>stunt driver
What? It's the simplest test possible, you only need to move the car forward a bit and then back it up without hitting something
>>
>>27586172
I took my test in Texas recently and they also require parallel parking, which is mildly funny considering what this place is stereotyped as.
That's also why I fucked up the first attempt. Had to practice between two trash bins before I went to the DMV again.
>>
>>27585659
Yep. I have no idea why the Japanese test is so difficult, and they come here and run into the first thing that’s in front of them.
>>
>>27585659
Probably, but the instructor for mine was actually very attentive and gave constant feedback. I actually failed the first time because I did a rolling stop that most wouldn't have noticed or cared about.
>>
my motorcycle test was stupid easy
>go to dmv
>told to drive to the end of the parking lot, turn around and come back
>do it
>congrats here is your license
>>
>>27590852
It's not just technical skill, it's a social-cultural awareness and normative behavior issue.

In Japland people aren't all sociopaths thinking ME ME FIRST like Americunts (and other assorted Westoid "people"). So they are incompatible with our selfish individualistic driving norms.

GLOBAL NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST NAO!
MINECRAFT ALL HUMANS
GO GO GO
>>
>>27585659
>driving instructor

They mean some random nigger that took an 8 hour course and now gets government bennies.
>>
cited for failing to yeild on a closed course cause I'm fucking retarded for not thinking to play along also I almost failed the written exam because I don't know how baby seats work or long winded hypothetical questions about who has the right of way.
it should've been much fucking harder than it was because I sortof just stumbled right through it on the first try.
>>
There's a reason our roads are filled with the dumbest retards possible.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.