[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20240417_200244.jpg (952 KB, 4000x1800)
952 KB
952 KB JPG
Im looking to buy an older car and I filtered my options down to these 4 and they are all equally as cool to me.

The only mods im interested in are tires, wheels, brakes and suspension. Any suggestions?
>>
They're all pretty based

If you can find an SS I'd go with that although a clean LS 400 would be comfy af
>>
If you're in Florida I have an SS you can have for free if you come pick it up
no title
>>
>>27586032
Give it back, Pedro
>>
>>27586039
I'm white (real white, not like a shitalian)
it was my dads car but its a piece of shit and he died and getting the title from a dead person isn't worth it because when they're riddled with debt if you try getting their assets you get their debts too
>>
File: Snapchat-778459963.jpg (1.22 MB, 1838x2504)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
I had a 95 SS and it was a joy to drive, but the interior plastics are shitty so whenever I had to take door panels off to fix the shitty window clip things I always felt like I was going to break the expensive and rare pieces. Also, the transmission is a known weakness but you can get a 6spd conversion kit for like $9k which includes a t56

Pic related, the time a ball joint failed and suspension collapsed
>>
>>27586050
I can be your new dad
>>
>>27586179
sure; if you bore my engine and put in the new pistons, rods, and cams
>>
>>27586032
cradilycheerleader@gmail.com
I have listed after the Black ss in my neighborhood but he won't sell.
>>
>>27585763
Based picks but enjoy trying to find a clean one. Left two will be beat to shit or donked out by niggers, and right two will be beat to shit or slammed on their nuts by spics.
>>
>>27585763
One of these things is not like the others.
>>
>>27585763
brakes on the nip cars, dixcel might make pads and rotors for them. their z type pads make lots of dust but i can slam the brakes all goddamn day and night and not ever worry about fading.
they're not cheap and they're in japan, you'll need to buy thrm off a site like black hawk japan or rhd japan. in my case, shipping was a bit cheaper from the latter.
>>
File: Bitches love the Towncar.jpg (995 KB, 2910x2160)
995 KB
995 KB JPG
>>27585763

I'd definitely tell you to go for the Panther (Crown Vic, Merc Grand Marquis, Lincoln Town Car). I own a Town Car and I absolutely love it. The ride quality is amazing, and with the V8 and RWD its even fun to drive. Its not fast; but its not slow either and because its RWD with 280 lb/ft of torque you can have fun with it. I'd suggest getting a 2003 or newer since they upgraded the suspension in 2003. I'd also look for one with a dual exhaust since they have 20 more horsepower over the single exhaust version. All Towncars have dual exhaust and a snazzy interior as well as an air suspension which makes them glide down the road like a cloud although you might prefer the springs on the Crown Vic or Grand Marquis if you want a sportier ride.

The Caprice is a cool car; but the Panther does everything it does better and more reliably with better suspension and a better engine while being more modern so it gives you better replacement parts availability. Caprice is also old enough that its becoming collectible so its price is going up while the Panthers are still a bargain.

Lexus LS 400s are great cars and very reliable; but the older gen you posted is also becoming collectible like the Caprice. If you were getting one I'd go for a LS430 which was made between 2000 and 2006, those are super reliable.

The Lexus IS300 is a solid car but its considerably smaller than anything else you posted and it doesn't have a V8. If I was getting one I'd probably go for the 3.0L V6 as the others are going to be pretty boring.
>>
>>27585763
Those are all cool. I would choose the cleanest example of whichever one you can find. except for the bottom right. idk about it at all.
The LS400 has such a neat engine
>>
Im going with the lexus cars just because of dimensions of the American sedans alone. Didn't know those fuckers are as long as trucks
>>
File: IMG_3279.jpg (86 KB, 951x733)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>27587600
>The Caprice is a cool car; but the Panther does everything it does better and more reliably with better suspension and a better engine

My brother in Christ, did you just say a ford 4.6 making 215 HP is a better engine than a 5.7 LT1? Please stop smoking crack. Also A GM cast iron 350 is infinitely more reliable than any ford small block from any era. I know you’re stuck what what you can afford but no need to lie online to quell your buyers remorse for the inferior product.
>>
>>27585763
The V8 300 is what the Marauder was supposed to be. More power, more torque, IRS, an extra gear in the transmission
>>
>>27587600
>Buying a 20 year old used car with air suspension
I shiggy hope you diggy my niggy
>>
>>27590091

Mine is fine, and if I did need it replaced it costs $300.
>>
>>27590049

Base engine for the Caprice was a 4.3L V8 that made 200 horses and 240 lb ft of torque not the 5.7 LT1. So yeah the Ford 4.6-liter V8 with 239 hp and 287 pound-feet of torque is better.

If he specifically meant the Impala SS then its more powerful at 260 horses and 330 lb/ft; but its also not an engine that's known to regularly last over 500,000 miles like the lazy Ford V8.
>>
File: IMG_0775.jpg (8 KB, 225x225)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>27590108
>>
Get the IS300, it's the only one with room to improve and modify easily
>>
is300 because of the modding but I would also look at GS 400 if you want something in between the ls400 and is300.
>>
>>27585763
What kind of driving do you do most?

Highway croozing? You want that Marauder.

Putting around town? Probably the Lexus 4xx.
>>
>>27590091
I drive the shit out of my '07 MGM, and the air springs are fine. When they are fucked, it's $600 to replace them. That's a small price to pay for a leather sofa on wheels.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.