[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I have a 4g eclipse gt. it's not worth anything, there's no aftermarket support and it won't die mechanically.
>>
drive it faggot
>>
>>27586499
i've driven it for a decade and its barely at 90k miles
>>
>>27586536
How about doing some preventative maintenance, then keep it and enjoy it for another 10 years
>>
>>27586495
Swap it for an engine with mivec or just turbo it till it grenades.
>>
>>27586495
turbo
>>
>>27587404
Lancer ralliart engine swap at the very least.
>>
>>27586495
paint it orange or blue
>>
>>27586495
Nice to see an Eclipse owner here. I’ve been around /o/ for maybe 16 years, used to post and trip a lot but I just lurk now.

Anyways, the car will eventually die so you don’t have to worry about that. Timing belt breaks, hydraulic tensioner fails, the motor will be toast.

There are plenty of turbo/super charger/swap options, it’s just not common it doesn’t mean it’s not done.
>>
>>27586495
>there's no aftermarket support
it's a lancer coupe
>but bodywork is different
it is old enough to ride the ricer wave, search and you will find
>>
>>27586495
I will buy it for 500 bucks and come pick it up if its not too far from southeastern indiana
>>
File: images (1).jpg (9 KB, 259x194)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>27586495
OP, if its auto, you can make it AWD swap very ez, it wont be super cheap, but you can OEM swap everything into it from a outlander. there are kits for the 5/6 speed, but its not as expensive as buying a evo in current year. i know one person IRL that has done the swap and it was meh. but if you have a 4g69 and do the swap, you can put a 4g64 swap very ez. also the BRZ over fenders fit the lines on the car good.
>>
>>27587733
This faggot doesn't do 60k services
Go back to lurking wrenchlet.
>>
>>27587404
>>27587418
>>27587733
>turbo
>>27588047
>lancer coupe

I have the 3.8L V6 not the 4 banger, from what I understand there's no room in the engine bay to turbo you'd have to cut the hood. Also im in california and i dont think there is a CARB compliant turbo kit for this car because no one gives a fuck about it. even if there was it'd probably be twice the cost of the car
>>
this is unironically one of my dream cars becfause of pic related reason
>>
>>27589252
kek that guy was EZ. I remember how cocky BIG Lou was
>>27586495
v6 manual would have been a cool car.
The auto is just a good cruiser driver.
>>
vanlife
>>
>>27588650
>3.8L V6
anon, you have gold in there. these bitches can be simply chipped to 280+ hp, some intake-exhaust work to make it breathe and you'll crack 300, all natty, all bolt-on, and with same bulletproof reliability that kept it working for you for these years. offroad guys with pajeros swear by these, get into their clique and take their know-how.
they can also def be turbo'd, their smaller cousins had turbo versions and compression's not too high. though if you get into pumping enough boost into it to need bottom end work you'll run into lack of aftermarket.
>commiefornia
and move out.
>>
>>27588394
Right.

Here's my 22 year old Spyder GT, sat untouched in a garage for 15 years. I have done a complete restore, all work myself. To get her running required: water pump, timing belt, idler pulley, tensioner pulley, hydraulic tensioner, harmonic balancer, power steering belt, valve cover gaskets, intake plenum gasket, fuel pump, spark plugs, spark plug wires, idle air control valve, egr valve solenoid, new injectors, a wire running to the injectors to power them from the ECU, most vacuum lines replaced.
>>
>>27586536
>i've driven it for a decade and its barely at 90k miles
Just keep it. You have a car that won't let you down, so just keep driving it. Not all people have the fortune of a car that refuses to die.
>>
>>27589252
everything about this image is so fucking ugly
>>
>>27589636
that's what i'm doing but the part that annoys me is that the paint/clear is all fucked up so i can't just slap on my basedjak gloves and do some goychanic work like >>27589632
to fix it
>>
>>27589252
This was the worst fucking car out of the whole blacklist.
>FWD
>body kits were all shit
>horrible exhaust note
>worst generation Eclipse
Mitsubishi was already dying by the time MW2005 was released.
>>
>>27591343
Driving a fwd car makes zero difference to 9.8/10 people and is safer in inclement weather.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.