[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: saab 9-3 coupe.jpg (44 KB, 500x315)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>Thinking of buying a 2000 Saab 9-3 Aero as a project/weekend car
Am I going to regret this?
It's got over 100k miles on it but it's in good condition and well maintained
>>
>>27590661
Nukes are droping soon so do whatever
>>
>funko pop owner car
lmao
also not a real saab
>>
>>27590661
Go for it anon, live your dream
>>
>>27590781
Well my dream is the Viggen that's going for 4x as much
>>
great taste anon
they're reliable cars and don't have any glaring flaws, they do have an issue with sludge but if the cars still on the road it's probably had the fix done
the only major issue is finding parts, shit can get pricey, especially body panels
>>
>I’m going to buy a GM money pit with difficult to get parts and little shared parts with corporate siblings is this a bad idea?
No. Sounds like a beautiful idea to turn a big sum of money in to a tiny sum of money.
>>
File: saab-viggen-7.jpg (96 KB, 1200x582)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
Okay new question
How bad an idea is it to buy a 2000 Saab 9-3 aero with over 100k miles as a project/weekend car?
>>
>>27590661
Are you a r*dditor by any chance?
>a project/weekend car
>le quirky and queer FWD turbo hatch
>aka rebadged Opel
Better buy the convertible, those were rather good for the time period with no direct alternatives.
>>
They're beautiful but FWD doesn't seem worth it
>>
get one older. you might as well go all in.
>>
File: IMG_7437.jpg (1.5 MB, 4032x3024)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB JPG
>>27590661
they're ok but you won't make it exceptionally fast or handle particularly well, the torsion beam rear suspension and funky steering geometry means that you're in bump steer hell, and the vert has terrible cowl shake, very comfy interior though. the b2xx engines have some potential for toooooooooooning if that's what you're into, and you can run them on e85 with just a flash to biopower trionic fw.
>>
>>27593912
also in my first 3000 miles of ownership the DIC went bad but i'm considering that fluke because it was replaced by the previous owner with some chinese shit. was only $100 to replace anyway. if you have a misfire code or a persistent stutter with no CEL or code this is probably it
>>
>>27593912
>the torsion beam rear suspension and funky steering geometry means that you're in bump steer hell
And OG owners for some reason tend to shit on NG owners who don't have to cope with all that in their vehicles...
>>
I don't think you can regret turbo saab

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.