[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Camaro Crossover.jpg (166 KB, 960x500)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
Was doing a bit of research and was pretty surprised to learn how well these cars handle. Toyota should've used this as the basis for the new poopra. nissan should've used this as the basis for the new Z.

imagine an alternate reality where we have new Poopras and Nissan Zs on the same chassis as the Camaro, but with engines and styling from Toyota and Nissan.
>>
>>27591858
bmw was chosen because of the inline six, which is a staple of the supra’s history. toyota was not going to develop its own engine platform for a limited run model

nissan is in bed with renault, so they are stuck doing whatever the french allow them to do. the Z flopped for many reasons but selling it as a rebadged 10 year old american platform wouldn’t have improved its success.
>>
>>27591858
>Was doing a bit of research and was pretty surprised to learn how well these cars handle.
Aren't you completely obsessed with this car and constantly post about it in every thread, though?
>>
>>27592050
No. this is the first thread i"ve made about it. maybe you're confusing me with someone else?
>>
bump
>>
Desperate troll is desperate for (you)s
>>
>>27593951
>ask a genuine question about cars on a car board
>"UR TROLLING!!!1"
>>
>>27593960
Aww. Babby didn't like getting called out
>>
File: Alpha platform vs supra.jpg (569 KB, 1079x2759)
569 KB
569 KB JPG
>>27591858
Kek this thread again. Did OP in his vast wisdom and mountain of research ever discover how the camaro weighs more, puts out less power, and handles worse than the supra? If toyota made a dedicated track package for the supra it'd literally be over for every car under 100k
>>
File: Ecoboost vs camaro.jpg (349 KB, 1080x2409)
349 KB
349 KB JPG
>>27594891
Oh and if you really did any research just among domestics, you'd see the camaro doesn't even excel in its class. OP clearly is digging up old bait hoping everyone would forget about the camaro being a fraud and praying for the badge swapping v6 owner to come into the thread to back him up, only this time everyone would instead ask for an engine bay pic to go with his lt1 badge to which he'll disappear. KEK
>>
>>27594891
>The poopra that cost 10k more simply wasn't meant for the track, its only meant to go faster in a straight line
sounds like you weren't paying all that extra money for handling, then.
>>27594902
>the mustang is slower than a CT5-V which is the same platform as the camaro and has worse tires than the mustang that's on corsa systems
lmao
>>
>>27595045
Alpha platform is such a God-tier platform. Poopra can't compete.
>>
>>27595125
they should just discontinue it and every car on the road should be a alpha platform
>>
File: Ct5v vs s550.jpg (549 KB, 1079x2308)
549 KB
549 KB JPG
>>27595045
>he needs the 1le track package to be relevant
Kek yeah let me know when a stock camaro does anything other than reach middle of the pack
>mustang is slower than the ct5v
Gotta be honest chief, I'm really not seeing it. It sounds like someone's coping cause their favorite childhood poster car isn't #1 at everything
>>
>>27595226
nta but
>v8 100 more hp
>only .9 seconds faster
thats gonna be a yikes from me
>>
File: CT5 vs Egoboost.png (282 KB, 595x618)
282 KB
282 KB PNG
>>27595226
>he needs 10k worth of optional extras still be shit
let me know when a stock poopra does anything other than be a waste of money. seriously, how does toyota fuck this up? they basically got someone else to do the whole car for them, and they just slapped their badge on it. even Honda with the new NSX deserves more respect than Toyota.
>Gotta be honest chief, I'm really not seeing it
well now you are. pic related is your original ecoboost mustang you compared.
>>
>>27595234
Are you pretending to be retarded? Its the motor trend figure 8. Every fast car does it in under 30 seconds. 0.9 seconds faster is a very significant amount. 0.9 separates a viper acr from an audi rs3 limo on the figure 8
>>
>>27595324
So you cherry picked a track that the car you like is better at? What happens if you compare the v6 mustang to the v6 ct5, or the v8 ct5 to the v8 mustang?
I'm not a racing aficionado, I normally just look at the nurburgring lap times because that track looks most similar to the roads of where I live.
>>
File: Resized.jpg (922 KB, 1920x1440)
922 KB
922 KB JPG
>>27594891
>Using the v6 for comparison
>3.6NA (probably with a stick) designed for trucks is only 1 second behind a BMW built 3.0 I6T paired with a ZF8
>1lt Camaro V6 could be had for ~30k just 3 years ago, 1le option was another 5k
>base 3.0 Supra is well over 50k
>1SS is cheaper than base 2.0

GM let their bean counters decide that the tires the 6th gen debuted with were good enough and never updated them. Tires have come a long way since then.
All seasons like the Pilot sport 4s or DWS06+ can match the grip of the stock summer-only Eagle F1s.
You don't need the 1le pack, just better tires to get a 12 second even with a manual.

I test drove a lot of cars before deciding on my Camaro. Supra felt great but way to expensive for what it offers. Type R felt like shit. VB WRX was an underwhelming improvement to my VA WRX. Gr86 made me feel like a boyracer. Chally 392 felt like a tank, I don't like how the Coyote makes power.

I do want to see the "lt1" larper post his copes again.
>>
>>27596750
based camaro chad.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.