[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: w457yuw4.jpg (33 KB, 563x310)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
That you immediately lose all respect for the driver and abuse your power to get traffic superiority over them.

>Chrysler/Dodge Minivan
Any of these things I'm like "nope you're a trash person and probably drive like trash" so I do anything in my power to get in front of them including cutting them off or not signaling so they don't hit the gas and close an opening.

In Central PA there are more of these fucking things than all other cars added together and multiplied by 2.
>>
>>27591992
It's the same with 90s cars. You see a hard to find yet cool 90s car and it's in awful shape, and always driven by a white trash felony having mother fucker when he's not in a PT Cruiser/HHR.
>>
>>27591979
Using a minivan, of any make, signals that they aren't an NPC scrambling to buy an SUV because the TV told them they would die if they didn't.
Whether that's due to an active choice or just poverty, I can respect either. The former reason indicates that they have some decency, the latter indicates that they have the sense to live within their means in these rough times.
In this dark age of overvalued AWD and Offroad vehicles that have never left the pavement, I will never disrespect a minivan.
>>
>>27591979
most people driving minivans dont even care if you do this. who drives aggressively in a van?
>>
>>27592086
So you have lost respoect for SUV drivers? Any models in particular?
>>27592090
They don't, but they try to make your life worse if you're behind them.
>>
>>27591979
>That you immediately lose all respect for the driver and abuse your power to get traffic superiority over them.
Any Hyundai/Kia model.
>>
>>27591979
poor, nigger
>>
>>27591979
low iq take, minivan drivers are chads. they're out there pumping kid after kid into their wife and meanwhile you're you're an angry little incel seething with rage over them on the internet.
>>
File: 2024_Mini_Cooper_1[1].jpg (181 KB, 960x720)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>27591979
Anything with "mini" in the name is "mini" in my mind. Bonus disrespect if it has the bong flag on it. I mean shit, you were already rendered target practice for wearing that shitter flag once before and you're just asking for it again driving it around on an american road. Make up your mind already on whether or not you want to be a Subaru or a fiat because you will never be a Beetle.
>>
>>27592092
I don't think it's a coincidence that every maliciously aggressive shithead I've encountered on the road was driving an SUV.
Modern pick-ups are easy and popular to rag on, but at least from what I've seen even their drivers are more sane. Some sports car and Tesla drivers are annoying (Teslas included because I've seen retards slam the accelerator like they're in a sports car), but nobody will be as vindictive and petty as a power tripping SUV cunt.

I can forgive the crossovers, despite being boring and ugly, because I know that consumers hardly get to choose what automakers offers. But a three row?
A minivan packs passengers and cargo better. A truck tows better. Getting a full-size is just telling everyone else that you're easy to bait with flashy marketing for a shittier product.
>>
>>27592123
kek literally. You know dudes never touched a wrench in his life.
>>
File: (you).gif (1.12 MB, 498x237)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB GIF
>>27592150
>Yeah bro, touch a wrench like me everyone is working on the biggest pain in the ass vehicle to work on.
Well shit sign me up and why stop there? Lets go full size while we're at it and just start working on a Sprinter?
>>
File: r78or.jpg (35 KB, 485x302)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>27592141
Yeah cute cars, including the wrangler, immediately has me thinking it's a ditzy blonde girl that will drive like the idiot she is.
>>
>>27592200
Oh god how could I forget Jeep owners and their slogan "It's a Jeep thing", because no one else is going to pity them in the breakdown lane other than the miserable company of another unfortunate Jeep owner.
>>
>>27591992
>>27592065
I drive a 90s car because I like it and I'm always worried people see me as just a poorfag who couldn't afford anything newer. I just like my car, it's older than me. I maintain the shit out of it though so I think that shows.
>>
>>27591992
i would always get assigned these fags when they came into the shop, sometimes little jerry rigs were ingenious and other times it was about to fall apart and i hated fucking with them. there was a gen 1 mazda mpv that came in after the guy replaced every ac component to get it charged, probably $500 of shit and a weekend of work on his part. had chunks of wood for motor mounts.
>>
>>27591979
Any car that cost more than $30k and doesn't have a longitudinal motor and a clutch pedal, any "SUV" that isn't BOF.
>>
>>27591979
Older Hyundais/Kias

they're either driven by
a. immigrants who unintentionally fit stereotypes to a T

b. white trash
>>
>>27592247
>Older gook cars
WHAT THE FUCK?
PEOPLE DRIVE THOSE?
Nothing is worse than older gook cars, nothing, not even gas crisis chryslers.
>>
>>27592270
Kia only changed their badge pretty recently, so anything with the old one does stand out.
And he does have a point. Every Kia I've seen with the old badge looks like an abused dog but if it was a car. Poor things.
>>
>>27591979
>Picrel

NEVER. EVER. BUY ONE OF THESE.

Please I’m begging all of you, NEVER DO IT. Every time I’m come across someone with these it’s just problems. Electrical issues, leaks, transmission issues, interior falling apart, door open on their own at random times, you name it, it probably happens. It’s my life’s mission to make sure that nobody buys one of these god forsaken vans.
>>
>>27592466
The 3.6 is terrible. The 3.3 in the earlier generation was actually reliable.
>>
Subcompact "SUVs"
But suppose they're already being punished by driving LITERAL third world cars
>>
>>27591979
I used to have a 2018 grand caravan and it’s probably the most useful vehicle I’ve ever owned. Seated seven and if you folded all of the seats down you could haul a stack of drywall. Thing was unironically based and the only Chrysler vehicle I don’t have utter disdain for.
>>
>>27591979
Tesla drivers with private/personalised number plates
>>
>Jeep Compass
>Chrysler Sebring/200
>Any Kia
>Any V6/8 Infiniti
>>
>>27592470
the 3.6 is fine as long as it's made in mexico
the trenton plant has poor quality control
>>
>>27591979
>they probably drive like shit so I'll drive like shit on purpose
have you considered "ironically" driving a minivan?
>>
>>27593186
>fine as long as it’s made in Mexico
Said no one ever
>>
I dunno, Chrysler Pacificas are pretty premium products, better than the Odyssey and Sienna in a lot of ways
>>
File: IMG_20221225_220450.jpg (1003 KB, 2048x1536)
1003 KB
1003 KB JPG
>>27592247
Those old Hyundais are awesome. But yeah
>>
>>27592270
Dont fuck with it. The owner is a terrible driver and too poor to get you an insurance payout
>>
>>27592123
A lot of minivans belong to incel poorfags who live in them by themselves and work dead end jobs that cant pay for housing
>>
>>27591979
Everybody else on the road.
>>
>>27591979
I don't care enough to see what the cars around me are. The only one that matters is me. I never had respect for you. I am the king of the streets.
>>
>>27593520
It's true, though. VWs made in Mexico also had less overall problems than their German counterparts. It was something to do with newer tooling and machines in a newer plant, of course, but Mexico QC is on point for several companies.
>>
File: 1652988.jpg (989 KB, 2048x1365)
989 KB
989 KB JPG
>>
File: BU010_004FA.jpg (1.66 MB, 3372x2364)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB JPG
>>27593520
all the hemis are made in mexico too
the same guys that assemble hellcats assemble the "old" EGR-less 3.6 that goes in the wrangler sport, charger, 300, challenger. trenton plant engines go in lesser jeeps and the minivans
>>
>>27592466
No, tell everyone to keep buying these things. They make up a significant portion of my paychecks.
t. mechanic
>>
File: 1713429022965071.png (110 KB, 290x512)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
>>27594004
eventually one company will make the oil cooler gaskets made out of the right material and then what will you do?
>>
>>27591979
I drive pic related. It’s technically what I use for hauling shit but sometimes I just want to drive a beater car instead of my other cars which are expensive and attract a lot of attention.
>>
>>27594005
They'll still need valve cover gaskets and thermostat housings and oxygen sensors and catalytic converters and the upper intake removed to change spark plugs and coil packs and struts and wheel bearings and control arms and shocks and brakes and front sidemarker bulbs and engine mounts and window regulators and WIN modules and instrument clusters and and and...
>>
Any EV
>>
>>27594004
Fuck you and well played
>>
>>27594089
you mean like every car ever made needs maintenance items like spark plugs and brakes?
did you become a mechanic to sit around with your thumb up your ass or did you do it to make money? stop being retarded.
>>
>>27591979
Lets see
>BMW/Audi
They always are on your ass and act like they own the road
>PT cruiser
What a fucking loser.
>Jeeps/Dodge
You already know.
>Any little chevy car being driven by an immigrant (Muslim or Hispanic)
Can't drive for fucking shit and ALWAYS looking down at their phone trying to do uber or some shit. Utter morons.
>>
>>27593731
New minivans are expensive as fuck. Anyone driving a minivan that isn't also their house, has a pretty pricey vehicle.
>>
>>27591979
Nah, minivans are cool utility vehicles with comfort
>>
>>27592113
Hey, I just want a shitbox that gets good mileage for my commute
>>
>>27594162
Ok maybe listing brakes was dumb (though I do get a lot of them with brake noise complaints and new pads already installed because their owners are allergic to buying anything but the cheapest garbage parts) but the point of the spark plugs one (which I did mention in my prior post) is that you have to remove the upper intake manifold to get to the ones on the front bank and #5 on the rear bank. That turns it into a job that pays 3 hours instead of just one which is easy money for me.
>>
>>27594209
that's only because if nobody's done it before getting the pointless little nvh brackets off is a fuckng bitch and you basically have to bend them out of the way to do it quickly
with the stupid manifold bracing shit removed it's like a 15-30 minute job
>>
>>27594597
Buy a ratcheting 10mm wrench for the front ones, makes them a breeze. I don't have any trouble with the rear one either using a plastic clip pry tool to remove the wiring harness clip on the 13mm's stud then using an open end wrench to loosen it enough to angle it back. No bending necessary.
>>
>>27594173
Bums usually buy them used. And usually with some annoying problems that make them cheaper.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.