[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: image.jpg (154 KB, 1200x800)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
What cars are you looking forward to buying from their estate sales at a discount?
>>
>>27592482
You won't be getting any of those cars at a discount lmao. They're only going to keep going up in price. Anything else is poorfag cope.
>>
>>27592487
>t.boomerfaggot
Boomershit is already dropping. Ford model As and Ts are worthless when they used to be as overpriced as 57 chevys 15-20 years ago
>>
>>27592482
I think you need to first figure out what gender you are, little zoomie faggot
>t. 21 years old
>>
>>27592482
when has the price of these things ever dropped
>>
>>27592500
>Ford model As and Ts are worthless
fucking kek, not even close
>>
File: gen x scum.png (342 KB, 745x729)
342 KB
342 KB PNG
>>27592482
I'm waiting the death of this group of cancer cells
>>
There's probably gonna be a ton of 5 to 10 year old v8 mustangs/camaros/corvettes with super low mileage
>>
>>27592482
Hey poorfag? The guys that busted their asses and got good jobs will be taking everything you want.
>>
>>27592765
>5 to 10 year old v8 products
Ew
>>
>>27592666
>>27592672
Model a and t fords are cheaper now than they were at their peak in the 80s and 90s even if you dont factor in inflation
>>
>>27592482
They'll send their nice shit to the shredder before they give a discount to a "fucking millenial" (anyone younger than them)
>>
>>27593803
Not those anons but do you have a source for this? I'm curious since I've never seen any price trackers that reach that far back in time and I'm hoping you have a good resource for tracking prices for cars I'm actually interested in.
>>
As someone who attends the Concours D'Elegance every year at Pebble Beach, I should inform you that these cars are in the hands of Gen Xers and Millennials already. They just happen to be owned by the sons of the boomers you hate.

And no, the value of these cars has yet to fall. Blame your bloodline, not the boomers.
>>
File: zzz.jpg (30 KB, 412x308)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>27592482
I hope you retards are not confusing forever unobtanium classics like the SSK in your pic for some dinky Model Ts
>>
I just want a lil hot rod.
>>
File: 12th gen Eldorado.jpg (1.73 MB, 2099x1499)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB JPG
>>27592482
Realistically a late model, mint condition very low mileage Eldorado and a late model Town Car
>>
File: 1678507598230142.gif (973 KB, 400x225)
973 KB
973 KB GIF
>>27594134
>They just happen to be owned by the sons of the boomers you hate.
>>
>>27592482
Vaxx status?
>>
File: download (9).jpg (10 KB, 206x244)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>27594407
>2 more weeks and you'll all drop dead guys, this time for real! It'll really happen!
>>
>>27594261
>>27594155
It doesn't matter either way. I don't know why people think that there's no interest in these cars when they themselves are showing interest in them.

The idea that prices are going to nosedive is total cope from people who are waiting like vultures to snap up the cars as soon as they possibly can. What makes you think that there aren't going to be thousands of people who want to do the same thing that you yourself want to do? At least some of those people are going to be richer to you to boot, and all of this is assuming that most of these cars even hit the market considering that lots of people end up passing their cars off to friends and family like >>27594134 says.

The same thing is going to be true for 50's-70's cars as well.
>>
>>27594418
Tumor weet ik.
>>
>>27593900
Look at 90s car magazine classified ads
>>
>>27594134
Dont go next year, water baloons full of gasoline will be falling from drones, ive gotten good at nailing targets. Boomers will pay for ruining the world
>>
>>27592482
never goona die!
i knows what i got.
git off'n muh lawn
>>
Surely a Delage will be attainable in my life time. Surely......
>>
>>27592482
>buying from their estate sales at a discount?
They'll crush their cars before you see a single red cent discounted.
>>
>>27592482
I don't intend to buy one, but 32 Ford roadsters are going to be everywhere and probably cheap. So many kit cars were made for these that their are more registered 32 Fords on the road today, than were actually built by Ford in 1931-32.
>>
File: 1708690227235070.jpg (244 KB, 1200x900)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>27595251
Possibly. We see the less popular models dropping more quickly, but already prices on popular cars like the duece and the 57 Chevy are softening.
>>
>>27595167
They are. Theres even better deals if youre not a wrenchlet and are cool with a sedan or limo body style
https://www.prewarcar.com/560598-1932-delage-dis-d6-11-boat-tail-sports-tourer
>>
>>27594183
same
>>
File: 123.png (30 KB, 98x100)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
Absolutely nothing. That would hurt them from beyond the grave even more. Nothing that they like is worth my money or even attention. Loving every laugh as these useless piece of crap cars get junked or sold for cheap
>>
>>27592482

dead boomer probably rigged brakes before kill, or engine at end or rotten frame
>>
>>27593803
^This and I was alive and working on them at the time.

Someone with access to old copies of Hemmings Motor News could break it down precisely.

Vehicle value peaks when old men who wanted them as young men are near death and have money to burn because they have no future remaining. This happens to everyone so keep it in mind. My mentors drove A and T Models in their youth. When their generations faded (they do not abruptly stop) so did demand.

Working against that is the enormous population increase over time so a small percentage of a vast number means considerable demand.
>>
>>27594134
Pebble Beach is so high end it's an anomaly. Ordinary plebmobiles sell for much less.
>>
>>27594183
Those are cheap to build so build one. They were many teenagers first hobby car. There is no more basic automobile.
>>
>>27595671
>Working against that is the enormous population increase over time so a small percentage of a vast number means considerable demand.
Not just that. The amount of cars of any vintage will decline year over year due to accidents, neglect, permanent or temporary off-market status (e.g., museums, decades in a private collection, multi-generational inheritance, etc), which means that net demand will increase as less become available to purchase.

Additionally, always remember that there *are* still people who are interested in these cars who are not part of those generations. There are people taking their kids to car shows right now, and at least some of those kids are going to be interested in buying and owning some of the cars that they see at those shows when they become adults (ask me how I know).

Demand might go down, but the real question is whether or not demand is going to go down enough to make prices dip to any notable degree. A lot of people cite generational differences, but one thing that's happening now that complicates things is that more and more classic cars are being used in current-era media, and are going to have staying power in a new generation as a result. I think we're going to be hard-pressed to say that, for instance, muscle car prices are going to markedly decline after boomerdeath seeing as we keep seeing them in tons of fucking TV shows and movies all the time. There are lots of people out there who are going to want those cars.
>>
>>27592482
>Boomers will be dead soon
Boomer mentality is eternal. The current owner may not be a boomer, but he knows what he has got and will not let it move from the same spot it has sat in for the last 15 years. Until he dies and the next man appears who then knows what he's got.
>>
>>27595167
Lol.
Lmao even.
>>27595154
You won't do shit, you pussy ass bitch. Imagine crying you are such a poorfag you can't afford prewar cars so you think the logical solution is to destroy prewar cars making them even more scarce and drive prices up even more. Amazing idea, retard.
>>
>>27595812
Prewar cars dont get that kind of attention though. Ive never seen a modern movie with a brass era buick in it
>>
>>27592482
I'd love a V8 Rover P6 or MK2 Jag.
average cars didn't really catch up to the P6 until the 80s.
>>
>>27596089
>Prewar cars dont get that kind of attention though. Ive never seen a modern movie with a brass era buick in it
modern movies are made for and marketed exclusively to niggers. they'd never feature a white people's car like a classic buick.
>>
File: 1692104362671850.jpg (25 KB, 500x500)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>27592748
>sargon of akkad
>>
>>27597119
Leave it to Coddled Boobjamin to miss the point.
>>
>>27592748
first off
>sargoy
and secondly genx were kind of retarded because they were taught directly by boomers who live at work and do nothing else. now since having a hobby is pretty much a social expectation the "ARRRG NOT A GOOD PAYING JOB" ideals have mostly died off
>>
>>27597169
It's not even just that either. The entire point was that having a high-paying job DOES NOT FULFILL YOU.
>>
>>27597176
that's what i said. genx was told by boomers to work endlessly to get the big promotion and to live at work. millennials and zoomers now have a job to pay for hobbies, so they don't understand how genx could have the idea that being at a high paying job was torture. of course in asian countries they still have the live at work mentality and have that suicide epidemic because of it.
>>
>>27597184
Fair enough, I thought you were taking the direction more aligned to "turning your life into work" rather than "work in and of itself only fulfils you if it's work you actually enjoy." We agree
>>
>>27597169
>>27597176
Are you retarded? I'm a zoomer and 90% of millenials and zoomers I talk to or know won't shut the fuck up about their grind for their next job which will pay more than their current job and being unable to budget shit correctly. The few that can budget correctly do have high paying jobs are the ones buying this sort of thing already either from Gen X or Boomers, some of them even have gotten in close with the near death boomers as custodians by showing they actually not only care about the cars but will actually take care of the cars and keep the dream alive which is something it sounds like OP doesn't have the money, skills, or care to do.
>>
>>27597238
What are you talking about dude, the only thing that people are saying is that "your job" is not going to fulfill you, the things that you actually like and enjoy in life are going to fulfill you, regardless of whether those things involve labor or not.
>>
File: 1680545964688430.jpg (40 KB, 500x523)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>27597238
>I'm a zoomer and I'm retarded enough to take my anecdotes seriously
>>
>>27595912
bro, you're on 4chan

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.