[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_6885.jpg (477 KB, 2542x1430)
477 KB
477 KB JPG
Ford Dark Horse or Chevy Corvette C8?

I’m on the fence on getting one of the two.

Give me anything pros, cons, warnings, etc.

If anyone has any personal experience between the two, please let me know.
>>
too unrelated
>>
ford if you're going to daily it, vette if not
>>
>>27594127
Depends on how much gubbins you want. If all you want is an engine and wheels then Corvette. Or more realistically a used 2023 SS/GT for half the price. But if you want all the extra stuff then go Ford. Base C8 is 72k for the poverty spec trim. Dark Horse Premium is 64k and comes standard with heated and ventilated seats, Brembo brakes, magnetic suspension, and a premium sound system. To get a comparably optioned C8, you have to get at least a 2LT with the magneride option and that's 80k. For 80k you could get the Dark Horse with a 810hp supercharger and still have some walking around money.
>>
File: eruption green mach 1.jpg (2.31 MB, 2592x1458)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB JPG
>>27594127
What's the difference between a Dark Horse and a Mach 1? It might just be peak Mustang as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>27594215
the dark horse is the S650 version of the Mach1
>>
>>27594245
I wonder why they gave it such a stupid new name. I feel like I know a lot about mustangs but I don't think Dark Horse has any heritage. I feel like it's purely SEO, which is sad.
>>
>>27594127
the mustang has a better engine the corvette is better in every other way
>>
>>27594258
the rumor is that theyre going to make the Mach 1 a new tweener trim between the GT500 equivalent and the Dark Horse - something like the GT350 of old, with a new engine platform. it’s rumored to be an NA V8 hybrid which would produce around 550-600hp, and the GT500 would be hybrid/supercharged and push 800hp

so youd have
> ecoboost
> GT / GTPP
> dark horse
> mach 1
> GT500
> GTD

ford really fumbled the pricing though. I have no interest in a dark horse over a GTPP with the current pricing. the S550 mach 1 was much more reasonably priced at $58k. if the new mach 1 is pushing $80k for only 550hp, that’s going to flop hard when you can get a 2LT vette for the same price
>>
Dark horse premium with manual
>>
>>27594424
I feel like Mustang wants to be in the league of the corvette since now it has no competition with Camaro and Challenger.
>>
>>27594424
I feel like that's really where a Boss 302 should sit. I guess that could be more of a track-focused package with suspension upgrades etc. though.
>>
>>27594424
That's too many damn trim levels. What they tryna pull a Challenger?

Egobukkake
GayTea
Negro Hearse
Nu soon-to-be-released one

GTD isn't on this scale because it ain't street
>>
>>27594468
Mustang is still a 2+2 pony car. C8 is a 2 seat MR car. It's lighter and shorter.

They still hit different markets. Ford has to revive the Thunderbird or make the GT again and not make it an expensive garage queen boomer bait this time.

Personally I'd take the C8 or Corvette in general over a Stang. Corvette is more of a dedicated pure sports car, akin to a Ferrari.
>>
>>27595143
But it's dumb to make a new car when you can make an existing car faster. Why make a new GT when you can just supercharge the Mustang
>>
>>27595096
the idea is they’d get to preview their V8 of the future, while phasing out the coyote. eventually the “mach 1” V8 would trickle its way down into a more accessible trim
>>
I wish they would just put the tremec in the GT. Literally the only reason I'm considering trading in my 17 GT for a GT350/Mach1 is the transmission but I don't want to pay 10k for some track bullshit I'll never want need or use, like 18 auxiliary radiators and magnetic suspension

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.