[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: FhlP8VTUoAApby0.jpg (147 KB, 960x1280)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
Things must be getting pretty desperate as the people have decided the future is Hybrid and autonomy, not 'EVS'

"Queenslander Justin Searle lives almost 1,000 kilometres from the nearest service centre, but that did not stop him from buying an electric vehicle (EV).

The outback miner says the decision to ditch the country favourite 4WD surprised his mates.

"There is definitely the perception that EVs don't work in the bush, but if the charging infrastructure is there it really is easy," Mr Searle said."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-17/more-ev-drivers-taking-outback-roads-in-queensland/103708306
>>
>>27594296
Hydrogen is about to replace EV very soon.
>>
File: url(12).jpg (61 KB, 1024x720)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>
>>27594296
Is there an EV that can go 1000km on a single charge?
>>
>>27594530
No it's not, Toyota had been beating the hydrogen drum for over a decade and have finally mostly given up and started offering proper hybrids.

The only places with hydrogen infrastructure are California and Vancouver. Which is simply not workable for most people. And this isn't going to change anytime soon as liquid hydrogen infrastructure is absurdly expensive and prone to leaks and other problems due to the nature of hydrogen.
>>
>>27595986
Nah toyota are still working on hydrogen but now they want to burn it in a regular piston engine instead of using gay fuel cells. They've got these self contained hydrogen filling stations the same size as a shipping containers so they're super easy to move and drop off. It generates, stores and dispenses hydrogen by itself the gas stations don't need any extra infrastructure.
>>
>>27595995
Great, and none of those things currently exist at scale and it'll be a decade+ at a minimum before they do.

So again, hydrogen isn't replacing EVs "soon".
>>
>>27595998
I'm not that anon just pointing out what toyota have been up to. They're going to offer a 400hp hydrogen V8 which is a genius move imo. A car that tim toolman taylor AND greta thumberg would be happy with.
>>
>>27596002
I won't be holding my breath

> a hydrogen car is far more expensive to drive than an equivalent battery EV — almost 14 times higher in the Mirai’s key market of California
> Toyota is co-developing solid-state batteries that promise to undermine these advantages — with far longer ranges than the Mirai’s hydrogen tanks, as well as ten-minute charging times (for 10% to 80% capacity, compared to less than five minutes to refill the Mirai).
> The solid-electrolyte batteries — being developed with Japanese oil company Idemitsu and due to be on the market in 2027-28 — offer BEV ranges of up to 1,200km on a single charge (compared to 500km for the Mirai).

With all of the auto manufacturers embracing PHEV/BEV and similar, I don't see fuel cells taking off outside of some niche commercial industry use.
>>
>>27594296
meanwhile im chilling in remote sa with two beat to fuck falcons that refuse to die
fuck evs
>>
>>27594296
I really fucking hate the gaybc and every time I see an article of theirs pop up with their poofter writing style I get consumed by rage
>>
>>27595995
They're working on it loosely while investing HEAVILY into solid state batteries. So make of that what you will.
>>
>>27596015
miner from Roxby was telling me about some place in remote SA there's a diesel generator set running 24/7
Why? To power an EV charging station!
>>
>>27595978
>numbers go up when retard leftists pour hundreds of billions into fag ass "green" scams
Ya dont say?
>>
>>27596007
>leaves out source
>>
>>27596063
jfc and i know how retarded evs are i had a scooter for 3yrs cost me 1k to keep it running and battery died it only cost 1.4k to buy and battery cost 2k LOL junked it went back to a car and bike
>>
>>27596071
So you're saying the only barrier to full EV adoption is their price? Well, guess you better bid your farewells to the ICEV.
>>
>>27596076
No, what Im saying is that expectations were not met at all even with the massive government funding. You dumbass redditor cultist seem to believe this industry works by 100% being funded through subsidies. That being said, everyone in the industry, from the factory workers to the salesmen on the lots, ALL will tell you that EVs are nonsense
>>
>>27596083
>Ha, the ICEV will be extinct in 2035 instead of 20230! Take that!
>>
>>27596098
People will riot and kill gay retards like you before they eve accept EVs. The government has become beyond desperate already and it shows
>>
>>27596101
LOL, no. Norway is at over 90% EV sales and there's no mass riots. But that's a mostly white country. I guess the hellcat Americans might get upset and riot.
>>
>>27596073
You can Google the quotes and find the source yourself, don't be lazy
>>
>>27596107
>some irrelevant cuck country with 75 people in it
>>27596108
Yeah it seems like youre a child that googles "proof evs are better than hydrogen" and think youre really doing somethin
>>
>>27596112
Nigger, Toyota themselves are investing heavily into BEV, you're delusional if you think they're going to deploy nationwide hydrogen fuel within 20 years.
>>
>>27596112
>Norway's population: 5 million
>USA's population: 400 million
>ratio in size: 80
>Norway riots: 0
>USA projected riots: 0 multiplied by 80 = 0
>>
>>27596121
No they aren't lmao, hyrbids but not EVs
>>27596122
You're delusional if you actually think an ICE ban would work in USA. Like complete retard tier, living in a down syndrome fantasy land
>>
>>27596073
>>27596112
Your response proves even if given the source directly, you'll still make up reasons for why it's bullshit because you have to jerk off Hydrogen for some reason.

And as the other anon said, Toyota putting out hybrids (including the 2025 Camry being Hybrid only) into their lineup after going DECADES with only the Prius and the promise of a Hydrogen fuel cell future (which isn't happening) is just proof in the pudding that Toyota is more or less dropping the Hydrogen fuel cell idea for the US market, they might continue it internally for the Japanese market and a future global market assuming Hydrogen infrastructure ever gets widespread, but they clearly are banking on solid state battery EVs for the currently envisioned future.
>>
>>27596126
>No they aren't lmao, hyrbids but not EVs
Because their EV platform is expected in 2027/28

retard
>>
>>27596131
I just did what the anon said and googled the quote, where it was sourced several times in climate blogs. Im not a spastic zoomer, I understand "the science" myself. While the green EV cultists all say the reason why EVs are losing is because of lack of infrastructure while also claiming the same goes for hydrogen... But push comes to shove hydrogen is more efficient and has an actual massive range advantage that rivals ICE engines. Thats just an undeniable fact.

>>27596134
>according to some homo climate blogger on twitter
>>
>>27596145
>Thats just an undeniable fact.
Wanna know what else is undeniable fact?

We've been trying to transport liquid hydrogen efficiently for 50+ years and the infrastructure is STILL prone to failure because liquid hydrogen is cold as fuck AND tiny as fuck so it leaks through everything.

Wanna know what most common problem for a rocket launch delay is? Problems with the hydrogen valves freezing open/closed.

Toyota CEO publicly said Mirai and Hydrogen has not been a success in the US and they're pivoting to maybe doing truck routes where they can put hydrogen stations along specific routes to support commercial trucks, but they have ZERO current plans for expanding consumer hydrogen fuel cell vehicles.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Automobiles/Toyota-to-triple-EV-output-as-it-chases-Tesla-BYD
>>
>>27596150
>reddit spacing
>chinko propaganda website
lmao its actually impressive you think this cultist nonsense is convincing anyone
>>
>>27596153
What cultist nonsense?

You mean the CEO of a company telling people the future vision of his company or toyota working publicly with a massive solid state battery producer?

Just kill yourself already, i'd happily bet you my entire life's earnings that in the next 30 years there is NO significant increase in hydrogen fuel cell vehicles in the US consumer market.
>>
>>27596156
You're making shit up and parroting nonsense that you read on reddit and twitter, stop throwing a tantrum you spastic child
>>
>>27596159
> “We have tried Mirai but not been successful," said Nakajima. "Hydrogen stations are very few and difficult to realise, so Mirai is smaller [in sales volumes].

> Nakajima did state, though, that its first wave of solid-state batteries would be very expensive and therefore limited to high-performance cars.

You're right though, the CTO of Toyota probably doesn't know what he's talking about, just some random climate blogger.
>>
>>27596156

ev shils overdosing on negro semen again
>>
>>27596163
I'm not even an EV shill, I just know EVs have a future compared to hydrogen fuel cells in the US.

why bother pining after a dead technology?
>>
>>27596166
lithium EV batteries are a dying technology.
>>
>>27596171
Who cares what kind of cells they are?

BEVs are obviously the primary electric vehicle in the next 10-20 years. Lithium or not.
>>
>>27596173
Yeah man it's like these idiots dont even follow @evfuture or something what the heck!!!
>>
>>27596175
you really should consider killing yourself since you seem to think hydrogen has ANY future in personal vehicles.
>>
>>27596126
How would a complete ICEV ban not work in the USA if it worked in Norway?
>>
>>27596185
Too many rural morons without charging infrastructure, and rural morons have majority sway in the US congress due to the way things were set up and not changed during the modern age and population's drastically increasing on the coasts without really increasing much in the middle of the country.

So you have 500,000 people in north dakota with the same weighted senate vote (2 votes) as California with 40,000,000 people.

Those 500,000 people HATE EVs and even though most of the 40,000,000 californians are okay with an ICEV ban, the 500,000 people get the same weighted vote in the senate.
>>
>>27596177
>mad
>>27596185
This is honestly the most retarded question Ive ever been asked in my life
>>
>>27596189
>>mad
Better than delusionally waiting on hydrogen which will never happen in this country (in your lifetime anyway).
>>
>>27596188
Lol so you finally admit you're just a left wing frail, weak piece of shit.
By the way, you're completely wrong. Here in metro Detroit where everyone drives along with the big 3 everyone hates EVs. Theyre for faggots.
>>
>>27596192
You're a little kid, as an adult I don't care what you think
>>
>>27596193
>here in Detroit where we still whinge about days past when we still manufactured cars people wanted to buy
Why the fuck do you thin Detroit has any bearing on the wider US market?
>>
>>27596194
I'm probably older than you, i'm almost 35.

And hydrogen still isn't happening in your lifetime, assuming you're 17 as your posting suggests.
>>
>>27596196
So it's rural retards and any car enthusiast that likes cars.. Lmao you wonder why we call you cultists
>>
>>27596201
Yes, rural morons and petrol heads obviously hate EVs, are you new here or just THAT fuckin retarded?
>>
>>27596189
So you can't answer the question because you don't know. And the fact that it's working fine in a country larger than the USA (China), which now is at 50%, also proves you wrong.
>>
>>27596200
You're admitting to almost being 35 while typing like a spastic teenager on a counter strike lobby... While having the audacity to say that I sound like I'm 17?
>>
>>27596207
>typing like a spastic teenager
Is "reddit spacing" in the room with you?

Are you gonna cry about it again?
>>
>>27596204
>petrol heads
Pffffffffft hahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>27596206
Compelling an already resisting population in USA by banning the shit they want wont work, it seems that youve put literally 0 thought into this.

>>27596209
Hey there big boy how about you kill yourself eh? Grow up lol
>>
>>27596212
Hey, if it means we get to kill them sooner... I'm all for it.

It's clear this country is going to shit anyway and those morons want to drag everyone else with them into the muck
>>
>>27596214
>if it means we get to kill them sooner
Literally nobody on Earth is afraid of wimpy left wingers
>>
>>27596215
Sure they are, we are the ones that fund the military industrial complex.

Hell even the conservatives at the upper levels realize the liberal coasts are the only bastions of decent living in this country, it's why almost none of them live in rural states and if they do they have a mega fuck-huge estate to keep the riff raff away.
>>
>>27596219
You are an extremely, EXTREMELY delusional individual
>>
>>27596212
>compelling an already resting population
Ahahahahahhahaa, sorry bro. Almost nobody in the USA cares. Almost everyone will gladly drive an EV if it meant it cost less money and they didn't spend as much time with maintanence or refueling or breakdowns.
>>
>>27596223
>Almost everyone will gladly drive an EV if it meant it cost less money and they didn't spend as much time with maintanence or refueling or breakdowns.
Then why is it already failing even with massive government funding? Is USA going to go full communist and self fund this EV fantasy of yours? Really? Join reality son.
>>
>>27596226
>failing
It's not though...every single year has seen growth.
>>
File: 1683600609658265.png (262 KB, 1138x644)
262 KB
262 KB PNG
>>27596226
>Then why is it already failing
Wanna source your delusion or are we just supposed to trust you on this one?
>>
>>27596227
>>27596228
>growth
We're still literally no where near any mass scale EV infrastructure, and the costs the government is putting in is not getting matched by private purchasing, anywhere close. Hence the major roll back and resistance even from corporate big 3. You seem to think the entire USA revolves around like, 100,000 unironic gay men around the Bay Area or something
>>
File: 1697224176978465.jpg (32 KB, 760x561)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>27596231
And you think Hydrogen is the solution...?
>>
>>27596228
>U.S. electric vehicle sales soar into '24
>International Council on Clean Transportation
Mate call your mom and dad, do not drink the kool-aid, get off the reservation and leave this cult
>>
>>27596234
Its the only thing that could logically compete
>>
>>27596235
Are you refuting their data or just the source itself being pro EV is good enough for you to discount it entirely?

No wonder you think Hydrogen is the future, you'll eat up anything pro hydrogen and shit on ANYTHING that makes EVs look good, regardless of the validity of the source.
>>
>>27596231
Not really, the investment is very little for how much adoption there is.
>>
>>27596126
It depends on the state. California will definitely ban ICE cars though.

https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/connecticut-drops-2035-ice-vehicle-ban/

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/29/us/california-ban-gasoline-cars.html
>>
>>27596240
>hundreds of billions of dollars and we're absolutely no where NEAR reliability of a mass switch to electric
You live in la la land. Are you seriously 35? You have a very elementary concept of how this economy works
>>
>>27596239
>Are you refuting their data or just the source itself being pro EV is good enough for you to discount it entirely?
Yes, Im not even going to bother looking into data that is gathered by unironic cultists.
>>27596242
California tries to ban everything and it always fails miserably. What is a single left wing delusion California has accomplished ever?
>>
>>27596242
I hope you like blackouts and only being able to run the air/heat when the govt tells you to.
>>
>>27596237
Except logically, it can't.

There is no infrastructure, the infrastructure is MORE expensive than EV infrastructure and we have no major movement in increasing Hydrogen fuel infrastructure in the US. Whereas we have state and federal programs aimed at increasing electric charging infrastructure nationwide and those programs are making fantastic progress.

Hydrogen stations cost a fuck ton to build and maintain, and the fuel itself is a pain in the ass to transport without basically installing permanent pipelines which are even MORE expensive and difficult to maintain over long periods of time and over long distances.

there is no possibility of hydrogen fuel cells taking off in the near-term (20 years).

Sorry, but EVs are too entrenched at this point and hydrogen has idled far too long to make a come back now unless something MASSIVE were to change in the industry.
>>
>>27596254
>gets emotional starts repeating cultist tropes writes MORE in caps to try and get their point across
This is getting pathetic anon
>>
>>27596257
Where am I emotional?

At this point it's clear you'll do basically anything to ignore the downfall of hydrogen fuel cells.

When 2024 sales figures come out and show a drop even further what'll your next excuse be?

Is 2025 the year of the linux desktop finally?

I mean hydrogen fuel cell.
>>
>>27596254
The infrastructure is worth it because given it's implementation hydrogen BTFO EVs in every metric, from a private consumer to public transportation DOT bs. Its a fact. Sorry, not sorry.
>>
>>27596261
The EV ponzi scheme will end and people like you will look like the perpetual retards that you are. Are you really 35? Because you'd have to realize this nonsense has been hyped for decades and its blatantly going no where
>>
>>27596262
Not really, Hydrogen fuel is currently ~$15-18/gallon and the Mirai gets ~70mpg. A modern hybrid can get 50mpg and a BEV can do 80-140mpgE. It's just not worth the investment, even if hydrogen fuel cells are slightly better on paper, replacing the existing EV infrastructure and replacing it with hydrogen won't be efficient enough to recoup the loses invested in EV tech already. So it's more efficient to keep improving existing EVs instead of dumping a fuck ton of money into trying to get Hydrogen fuel cells widespread.

>>27596264
Yeah because the hydrogen fuel cell is SO much better, I actually worked for about a decade for the federal department of transportation (specifically web dev shit) and the site I worked on specifically delt with hydrogen transport/storage, and it's just such a fucking expensive pain in the ass that I simply can't EVER see it taking off on a wide scale in this country.
>>
>>27596274
>EVER
You are such a soi latte drinking homo. Jfc Ive never felt such a desire to bully a supposed "adult" before. How much were you shoved into lockers as a kid?
>>
>>27596274
Its impressive how you so unselfaware with your cultist speak. You stick out like a sore thumb every time you post
>>
>>27596280
You've convinced me anon, hydorgen fuel cells are the future, within 12 months all 50 state will have widespread, cheap, hydrogen fuel stations and Toyota will pull a fast one and instead of the 2025 Camry being a Hybrid, it's actually a Hydrogen fuel cell, they've just been hiding it from us.
>>
>>27596284
lmao @ your life my guy calm the fuck down
>>
>>27596286
fr fr no cap, it's funny because you don't even believe your own hype about hydrogen.
>>
>>27596284
>within 12 months all 50 state will have
>>27596288
Nah its just funny how I never claimed this, but you're such a buthurt little asshole you typed this out in frustration
>>
>>27596246
I'm not sure what makes you think that. EVs are already certain to replace the ICEV within a decade. ICEV sales are falling. In some cases EVs are being adopted faster than predictions, like in China.
>>
>>27596293
I wasn't even talking about that, i was just talking about the basic shit, like saying Hydorgen fuel cells are the future.

You can't HONESTLY think that's true right now.

You might HOPE it could be true one day, but you can't ACTUALLY see the current state of the car industry and believe we're on the cusp of a hydrogen fuel cell revolution like you said early on in this thread. >>27594530
>>
>>27596297
>HONESTLY
>HOPE
>ACTUALLY
I dont have to do any of this because Im not an emotionally invested spastic cultist
>>
>>27596299
You're not emotionally invested yet you've spent the better part of 3 hours arguing about it claiming it's the future.

riiiiiiiight.
>>
>>27596296
>I'm not sure what makes you think that. EVs are already certain to replace the ICEV within a decade
Lol okay, well it's not, I mean the resale value on ICE cars alone BTFO EVs, making this silly statement voided immediately.
>>
>>27596302
It hasnt even been a couple hours, yeah Im talking about a topic without TYPIING IN CAPS BECAUSE IM FWUSTWATED
>>
>>27596296
Do you honestly believe that in 10 years 1 single Kroger parking lot with like 150 cars parked average at any given time are all going to be charging? On our grid? Let alone the tens of thousands/hundreds of thousands of other people commuting and doing other shit? Where do you people get crazy ass fantasy from????
>>
>>27596306
>he doesn't understand emphatic or stylistic rhetorical devices
oof
>>
>>27596319
Yeah I'm not a twinkle toes redditor, just get your point across like a normal adult please
>>
>>27595995
> 08:11:31
>>27596306
>It hasnt even been a couple hours
> 11:05:57
did a "couple" change definitions when I wasn't looking?
>>
>>27596325
This is my first post ITT babby boy
>>27596071
>>
>>27596330
>it's still two hours even if I believe there is another autist screaming for hydrogen cells when we both know it's just you

whatever you say anon
>>
>>27596334
So you've been arguing about this shit for 3+ hours and you're going to try and snip at me for doing it for 2 now? Lol
>>
>>27596318
I missed this, but also a good point. Lol this shit is so fuckin stupid
>>
>>27596303
And yet, they make up over 90% of vehicle sales in Norway.
>>27596318
In 10 years almost no new ICEVs will be sold. Gas stations will start dissappearing, repairs will get more expensive, and eventually owning an ICEV will be cost prohitive. My prediction is 35 years when less than 1% of the cars on the road will be ICEV in very high HDI countries.
>>
>>27596357
What the fuck does Norway have to do with what I just said? You didn't address any of it, literally just ran away from the question
>>
>>27596357
>>27596361
Norway is a very rich country and subsidize the fuck out of evs.
Notice how when germany made changes to their subsidies EV sales dropped 55%
>>
>>27596357
>And yet, they make up over 90% of vehicle sales in Norway.
Ah I see you've now just taken up repeating yourself in circles
>>
>>27596365
Norway is just apples and oranges from the average commuter day here in Reality, USA. It makes no fuckin sense
>>
Consider the "EVs are dying" narrative, you guys sure do put a lot of effort into convincing everyone that EVs are dying

t. own an EV and a V8 truck
>>
>>27596505
They're dying despite their quarterly growth
>>
>>27596505
>>27596551
Cultist post
>>
>>27596580
If its cultist behavior to point out EVs are growing and will continue to grow, what does that make you with regards to hydrogen fuel cells?
>>
>>27596583
>If its cultist behavior to point out EVs are growing and will continue to grow,
Yes because you believe the government is going to fund this for everyone forever. Youre an idiot and a cultist that believes silly platitudes you read on reddit
>>
>>27596590
When without government subsidies, it'll still be growing faster than hydrogen.
>>
>>27596639
Youll commit ritual suicide with your cult when this never happens hopefully
>>
File: 1700515842343535.png (750 KB, 1080x722)
750 KB
750 KB PNG
>m-muh cult!
>muh subsidies
I paid a luxury tax on my EV lmfao, I bought it because I wanted it. Same reason I bought my V8 truck, I wanted it. It's just that shrimple
>>
>>27596685
>more fantasy larp
>>
>this retard again
This is what happens when you don't take your meds
>>
>>27596361
What do resale values have to do with sales if Norway is 90% EV?
>>27596365
So it's just a money issue. Everyone would switch to EVs if the economics to do so favor it.
>>27596366
Let me know when you come up with a reason Norway is not a valid comparison, besides economics.
>>
>>27596162
>>27596156
You are talking to people not worth your time, anon.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.