[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1432270162812.jpg (18 KB, 680x583)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>get in my car to commute to work
>battery dead
>try to flag down cars passing on the street to help me jump start my car
>no one stops
>eventually just call an uber

has anyone been in this situation?
>>
>>27599650
No, last time anything like that happened to me I just called aaa and they tested the 5 year old battery, then replaced it
>>
I'm the complete opposite, if I ever see anyone stopped on the side of the road, I have to stop and ask them if everything is fine. 90% of the time they're just on the phone or whatever and don't have any issues, but I still have to stop and ask.
Even worse is I know this kind of behaviour is annoying, but I can't help it
>>
>driving to work
>see someone on the side of the road wildly gesturing
>drive faster
>>
Why didn't you call a tow truck or go ask one of your neighbors?
>>
>>27599650
i only help out enthusiasts. sorry anon, you should’ve had a cooler or at least more niche car.
>>
File: 1712654371675.jpg (51 KB, 1200x675)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>rube goldberg machines have more dead battery issues than EVs
>>
>>27599659
that's really nice for the 10% who are having medical issues or mechanical problems that you stopped to check. They are far more happy to have help than the others are annoyed that you checked on them
>>
>>27599650
I have a jump starter battery
I have a plug in charger/booster in the garage
I also have a solar panel
My cars are manual, so I can also roll start them if battery voltage is adequate.
Its a low trust antisocial society. You should at least get a portable booster pack.
https://www.harborfreight.com/1000-peak-amp-lithium-ion-jump-starter-and-power-bank-59527.html
>>
>>27599762
But the battery only costs $40 and a few minutes to replace
>>
>>27599801
yeah i just bought one
>>
File: I_saved_you.png (48 KB, 500x250)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>>27599650
No man, just call AAA and call your boss. They're worth the money and save your fucking butt. Make sure to do a battery health check every fall and spring. That's when things typically go south.
>>
>>27599650
>driving home from jobsite
>see guy trying to flag down cars
>not obviously crackhead
>stop
>he immediately shoves an airpod case in my face and tells me his wife is in the hospital in [10 hours away major city]
>"so uh, do you need me to get you some gas?"
>guy continues trying to ask for money
>leave
>>
>>27599659
>, if I ever see anyone stopped on the side of the road, I have to stop and ask them if everything is fine.
just don't do this near an ethnically diverse area, because the "stranded motorist" bit is one of the classic ways to rob people, and sometimes they'll just shoot you

>>27599650
which is why you didn't get helped
>>
>>27599650
Way back when I was hunting ARs during the great Walmart clearancing in Wa and saw some gal on a road crying in a beat to SUV. Was some out of towner caught in a shitbox with baby while hubby was doing some shit gig. Her tracphone was out of minutes and she was having a fit. Took her to her motel and let her text her hubby on the phone. Whole time she was sobbing that no one stopped. Was a weird day for me, growing up in the Midwest I had a family try to help me when I was walking my bicycle with a flat home. Tbh its probably just that you ain't in the Midwest
>>
>>27599650
>be me
>driving
>somebody tries to flag me down from the side of the road
>assume the faggot is trying to rob me or touch my boy hole
>keep driving
Not my problem
>>
>>27599806

>$40

what shitbox do you drive
>>
>>27599650
Not really as I have multiple vehicles. I really wouldn't expect people to help me in the city. People got shit to do and places to be. If I'm on my way to work and I see you struggling with a dead battery I'm probably not going to do anything because it's your fault you can't remember to turn your lights off. The same goes if you get stuck in the winter because you can't drive. I'm not risking the damage to my or your vehicle if I try and pull you out. You can call a tow truck.

In the country or the mountains it's a little different. If you pull over on the side of the road you will have multiple stop and ask if you need any help. I will generally do the same if I can make sure the situation is safe.
>>
>leave grocery store
>hobo looking guy approaching me
>oh god gotta walk faster
>he intercepts me
>"hey, sorry, could you give me a jump?"
>already have in my head that he's a bum and going to ask me for money and say "no" reactively
>"wait, yeah i can"
>give him a jump
>go about my way

another instance of going into a different grocery store
>another sweaty bum looking guy approaches me
>says his van broke down and wants bus fare of $50
>figure oh maybe i can help fix it, had tools on me from doing other car work
>ask where van is
>he says it's about 4 miles down the road and he walked all the way here
>yeah okay whatever, can tell he's bullshitting by this
>say i don't have cash on me
>he's persistent about just getting cash out of the atm inside
>ok
>he's waiting for me in the front of the store after i do my shopping
>"so did you get the cash?"
>say no and he goes on trying to guilt me that i wasted his time and what not
about punched him at this point
>>
>>27599659
You're gonna get shot one day. Stop being nice.
>>
>he doesn't have a jump pack

Literally zero excuse with how cheap they are.
>>
>>27600126
Doesnt matter, Walmart lawnmower battery starts any gas engine when its above 0°F
>>
>>27599650
I only see people like this on the interstate or highway where frankly its too dangerous to stop to be nice- if not too late by the time I see what they need. I've helped people when they're on some residential street or parking lots.
But anytime I've been stranded like this I just call a tow to a mechanic if I can't replace onsite or it's out of range of my tools. It's not worth being a problem for local business or risking my stuff/self
>>
I'm not a nigger who drives a battery until it's dead and then cry white man to help
>>
>>27599659
You're gonna get carjacked, you dumb fuck. You stop to help and there's a dude with a gun in your face 10s later. It's 2024, only cucks help other people.

>>27599650
Buy a portable jump starter, or just call AAA.
>>
>>27599659
The only time I've ever been stranded (due to a faulty fuel pump), a guy like you showed up within 5 minutes and helped me push my car off the road into a parking lot and gave me a ride to a bus station so I could get home.
>>
>>27599650
No, because I keep up with my maintenance schedule and I live in a low crime, majority white area so people stop and help each other.
>>
>>27600847
>>27600148
>>27600067
I live in rural Finland, so nignogs are nonexistent. I also carry 17 very sharp spears in my truck approximately 9 millimeters in diameter.
>>27600853
I nigrigged a single moms ancient carbed toyota corolla with a fucked lifter pump to run on the side of the road by duct taping a 5 litre washer fluid canister to the A pillar, worked well enough that she got home with it.
>>
no

https://no.co/
>>
>>27599650
>not keeping a 12v battery pack for boosting in your car
ngmi
>>
>>27599650
The nice people get taken advantage of ruthlessly.
I only help family members and friends.
You should buy one of those battery starter kits so you can jump your car yourself.
>>
>>27599650
No, I have a battery charger/jumper and two other shitboxes.
>>
>>27600926
would you stop for gypsies?
>>
>>27600043
>be me
>driving down highway
>see car stranded
>half a mile down the road a (very ugly) older woman is walking (alone)
>ask if she needs help
>”no, I’m fine!” in a “fuck off” tone of voice, she says
>never try to help women ever again

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.