[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_20240422_172130.jpg (1.63 MB, 1343x1697)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB JPG
Basically I have been bouncing from hoopty to hoopty and I am beyond sick and tired of wasting my time off work, working on cars. Dealing with DMV bullshit. Selling hoopties and researching all the bullshit to keep my hoopty ass shitboxes afloat.

I am going to lease either a Forte or Rio. I am going to test drive both and see which I like best, and lease it. And see where we are in 2 years.

Adios
>>
>>27600142
the envista is a good car
please buy a buick :(
>>
why not get a civic. Can't be that much more.
>>
get a mitsubishi mirage you don't want that korean crap
>>
>>27600142
Over $10k to rent an absolute shitbox for 20k miles or 2 years, that will not give you any positive equity (like a taco could) is a great decision.

No wonder you are poor
>>
I can't believe how many dipshits actually lease cars.
>>
>>27600285
So you'd rather own a massively depreciating asset? That sure sounds like a good idea.
>>
>>27600162
>Buick Envista
>Rebadged Chevy Trax
>Good Car
>>
>>27600323
My asset will have equity and I’ll own it.
>>
>>27600142
I theres a guy I work with who has leased 2 Hyundais which were both stolen. Otherwise great cars for the few months he had them.
>>
save a little more and get a fit, civic, or corolla. don't buy korean garbage
>>
>>27600285
>DUDE cars are INVESTMENTS!
kys
>>
>>27600323
>>27600490
>wasting money on something you'll never own over and over
or
>buying something once, and driving it for 15-20 years
Gee, I wonder what kind of person would pick the first option.
>>
>>27600518
>Gee, I wonder what kind of person would pick the first option.
people who dont like driving old pieces of shit
>>
>>27600523
>throwing away tens of thousands (hundreds of thousands if properly invested) over the years on the newest gimmicky vehicle because your CONSOOOOMER brain needs it's dopamine fix
This is how poorfags stay poor.
>>
>>27600467
>equity
Unless you're buying a high-end luxury/sports car or something rare enough to become a collector's item, all you'll have is a hunk of rusty metal that's worth pennies on every dollar you paid for it. If "owning" a car brings you some sentimental value, then go for it, but don't try to paint it as some kind of smart financial decision.

>>27600518
>buying something that loses 40% of its value the moment you drive off the dealership lot and investing in ever-increasing upkeep costs for 20 years
or
>outsourcing the upkeep and depreciation to the dealer, while still making use of the vehicle and investing your money in something that actually grows in value over time
Yes, I too wonder who would pick the first option.
>>
>You vill own nothing, you vill eat ze bugs, and you vill be happy
>>
>>27600540
>t. gets paid by the hour
>>
File: 1694495149250986.jpg (87 KB, 700x444)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>leasing a fucking kia
>leasing the lowest possible kia
anon this is the most retarded decision i have ever seen on this website, and i was there for grenade toilet
>>
>>27600567
Is $70/hr bad because it's hourly? Do you make more than that salaried? Do you do unpaid OT? Genuinely just curious.
>>
>>27600592
>Is $70/hr bad because it's hourly?
yes
>Do you make more than that salaried?
yes
>Do you do unpaid OT?
no
>>
>>27600594
How much and what do you do? If you don't mind.
>>
>>27600518
Assuming he doesn't go over the miles. This car will cost about $400 a month with insurance and gas. About 5k a year post tax dollars. It is a short term expense till they can get something they want. Also to his point he might be spending that $200 monthly on repairs on the current shitbox. Its not a terrible use of money. You just going to buy a cope M340?
>>
>>27600621
If he has average credit enough to lease the shitbox then he could buy the shitbox and come out ahead by running it until it is worthless
>>
Kia is so shitty not even Koreans will drive them
>>
>>27600606
nta but i get paid $65/hr for a fully remote job at 23
there are virtually no performance metrics or tracking mechanisms so i can just make up my hours and nobody gives a shit or even cares for the most part
i spent most of my work day working out, taking naps, cooking for myself, and hanging out with family and none of my coworkers are the wiser
and yet i'm somehow one of the top performers in my group according to my boss
shit's cash man
>>
>>27600142
Just leave a civic or Corolla. Not much more than a pos Kia
>>
>>27600323
I don't fetishize money, and I will never own an electronic nannymobile that tracks every single thing you do. I will own my vehicle and do anything I want with it because it belongs to me.
>>
>>27600796
You don't need to "fetishize" money to be smart with it. And if buying a car outright creates some kind of emotional response for you, then by all means - go for it. People do way dumber shit because of feelings.

>I will own my vehicle and do anything I want with it because it belongs to me.
Technically, as long as it's on a public road you will only do the things the state allows you to do, or you won't be driving said vehicle at all.

>I will never own an electronic nannymobile that tracks every single thing you do
But you already own a PC and/or a smartphone and are subscribed to an ISP, all of which track way more things about you than a car possibly could.
>>
>>27600773
You're a camwhore aren't you
>>
>>27600176
Probably has bad credit and can't get approved at a white dealership
>>
>>27600935
nah i'm a cooder
>>
>>27600142
Don't get a Kia/Hyundai if you live in America.
Urban youths will see the badge and try to steal the car.
Even if you have a new one with an immobilizer, they won't know the difference. They'll break your window, see they can't steal it, then go on with their day. While you have to sit there with glass everywhere and replace your window.
>>
>>27600459
And it looks good while being the cheapest car on the market. It weighs as much as a civic and still uses a 6 speed auto in lieu of the competitions cvt
>>
>>27600142
>plebbit spacing
>hoopties
>illiterate
>economically illiterate
Pottery

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.