[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cupraformentor.jpg (117 KB, 960x540)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
It's signature black, matte paintjob is retarded idea from a functional point of view (car is basically invisible in the dark), however it looks kinda cool with copper accents. I live in wealthy, post-commie neighbourhood, so there are lot's of BMW, Audi, Lexus, Mercedes etc in here and these Cupras started appearing in mass.

I know it's suppose to replace Seat and I've read VAG reports that they consider Cupra as "semi-premium" brand - between regular VW and Audi. However when I checked prices VW T-Roc in same configuration is as expensive (if not more) as Cupra's flagship Formentor.

Anyone owns Cupra? Is it really better than Seat or Skoda or VW?
>>
>>27603550
Isn't Cupra just a rebadged SEAT which is your generic VAGshit? The exterior looks way worse than baseline SEAT, like it's some chinkshit for gamers, I bet it has a "gaming chair" and a RGB streaming setup inside too.
>>
>>27603555
>Isn't Cupra just a rebadged SEAT which is your generic VAGshit?
That was original idea, but Seat still sells decent enought (actually slightly better than Cupra) so it looks like they're keeping both.
>>
>>27603555
SEAT was withdrawn as a car brand, it now builds random consumer "mobility" shit.
Cupra was created as a standalone brand in order for VAGiner to have an "angery" image brand, since Skoda and VW are the generic corpo wageslave brands.
>>
>>27603550
Body parts that usually take less abuse:
>let's make them matte and dull-colored
Body parts that usually take more abuse:
>let's paint the plastic and make it glossy!
And the wheels look like the pads shed dust like hell and the owner doesn't even bother to wash them.
>>
>>27603563
>an "angery" image brand
>all these vents
>all fake
>>
>>27603555
>The exterior looks way worse than baseline SEAT, like it's some chinkshit for gamers, I bet it has a "gaming chair" and a RGB streaming setup inside too.
That's exactly what they're supposed to be: A brand for gamers and zoomers. Not sure how many of those even want a car, or can afford one, but anyways.
>>
>>27603569
Grim.
>>
>>27603550
Can you wrench?
>>
>>27603565
>And the wheels look like the pads shed dust like hell and the owner doesn't even bother to wash them.
lel, can't unsee now
>>
>>27603565
>And the wheels look like the pads shed dust like hell and the owner doesn't even bother to wash them.
>>27603569
>That's exactly what they're supposed to be: A brand for gamers and zoomers.

It all kind of makes sense now. When you're rich owner of Mercedes in wealthy neighbourhood you won't buy your kid a Skoda or Toyota, because everyone will see this peasant car standing, mostly unkept, on your driveway. Cupra seems perfect for that role.
>>
>make performance trim into standalone sub brand for "sporty" models
>only sell crossovers and a hatchback
What did VAG mean by this?
>>
>>27603550
I was looking into Formentor but I've read it had some major electrical issues with software, cameras etc.
For some people it was fixed with a software update, but not for everyone

For paint I think matte gets dirty very easily, metallic is a much more forgiving paint.
>>
>>27603613
Car for people who want to be seen as cool and edgy but drive like 5000km per year?
>>
>>27603618
matte is also a huge pain in the ass to clean or keep looking good.
>>
>>27603618
>major electrical issues with software, cameras etc.
This sounds like most of the small-ish cars that adopted VAG's new platform: Cheap electronics and buggy software. Sometimes takes a trip to the dealer to unfuck it. At least it sounds like the software part has been improving.
VW's engineering isn't all bad and their smaller cars are surprisingly smooth, quiet rides these days. And even their smallest engines pull surprisingly hard.
But they really need to do something about the UX and overall perception of quality, or they'll start losing to the fucking chinks at this rate.
>>
seat/cupra is volkswagens for people with drug problems
>>
>>27603645
> they really need to do something about the UX
You mean new cars look like autistic, angular Toyotas?
>overall perception of quality
Is there something wrong with it in Europe? I know there's some cult saying that Skoda does everything better (I own Skoda myself), but in real life I haven't met anyone who was shitting on VW's quality.
I know in America VW is considered budget brand made in Mexico. I've heard they'll try to introduce Cupra to US, as better version of VW.

I remember when I was in China around 2010 and one local was very proud of his Skoda, because in his eyes it was something above locally manufactured Audi. From what he said back then Skoda was assembled in China from European parts, while Audi and VW were made there from scratch. It seems VW's perception there is fucked since beginning.
>>
>>27603759
VW used to be good value for money. then they raised their prices. so Skoda became what VW used to be, but better. then on top of being too expensive VW also fucked the reliability. around the same time dieselgate came. now they have huge software issues and no demand for their electric cars. they are in a downward spiral. but since they are a giant, they don't really care.
>>
>>27603759
The UX is shit because everything in newer VWs is a capacitive touch area, including the light switches, volume/temperature sliders and the steering wheel buttons. The software was quite buggy in earlier versions, too, and the UI wasn't always the most logically organized. And nothing beats the fun factor of accidentally turning on the cruise control while spinning the wheel in traffic.
As for their quality, like >>27603775 said, I could understand a little rattle and maybe some cheap plastic if they were at least good value for money, but they're not. They're expensive as hell now, filled with rough plastic and toy-like glossy shit, and the trims that actually come with decent equipment can cost more than a Lexus or something.
Skoda's been selling better in many countries for years now because they do the basic everyday "people's car" better.
>>
>>27603611
>looks dirty, shitty and unkempt
>cheap-ass VAG underneath
Why isn't it a peasant car too though
>>
>>27603620
>cool and edgy
>CUV as in "cuckbox vehicle"
>>
>>27603555
>like it's some chinkshit for gamers, I bet it has a "gaming chair" and a RGB streaming setup inside too.
Trips of truth. It's no coincidence I've only seen software and IT types driving them.
>>
Cupra- The chariot of the Palastinian tax evader.
>>
>>27603814
>I could understand a little rattle and maybe some cheap plastic if they were at least good value for money, but they're not. They're expensive as hell now, filled with rough plastic and toy-like glossy shit
My girlfriend's new company car is a 2024 A3 hybrid, it's a £40k car but the interior materials apart from the very top of the dash are literally Fiesta-tier if not worse. The steering wheel and seats are far worse than on my 2018 Fiesta ST
>>
>>27603844
>Why isn't it a peasant car too though
Because VAG says it's semi-premium. Duh.
Also it's new brand with new looks, so when it stands near 100k+ car, most people will think it's something fancy as well.
>>
>>27603555
its literally a vw made to appeal younger market

yes, the gaming vibes are intentional
>>
>>27604777
Idk it looks Chinese
Took me a while to find out it's a SEAT tbhdesu
>>
>>27603611
it answers the vw issue of having two economy branda

skoda is practical but boring and old timey - for rural and retired people, like opel
seat/cupra is meant to wrestle the cheap but cool looking mediterranean cars - think renault, peugeot or alfa
>>
>>27604442
Car interiors have improved a ton since 2015. You go back to 2010 and a Astra looked like this. Makes A3 kinda redudant though when a 25k Mazda 3 is nicer inside.
>>
>>27604800
What's wrong with looking like your pic?
Except maybe the center console vents
>>
>>27604807
I can answer that (different anon). It looks like it has hifi tower in the middle. Probably even uglier than current tablets.
>>
>>27604826
But it is a hifi tower, I mean it can even play music!
I'm asking because a friend owns a slightly different Opel, but with a similar interior (same shapes, less aluminum or whatever that light grey stuff is), and it's not that bad in person. It's modest and sharp, it's not that blobby stuff with a lot of unnecessary blue Ford makes, and it's definitely better than modern interiors with a lot of different shapes that are a pain to clean.
>>
>>27605019
>But it is a hifi tower, I mean it can even play music!
Yeah. It was looking obsolete even 15 years ago.
>it's definitely better than modern interiors with a lot of different shapes that are a pain to clean.
I give you that. However in newest cars they do tend to simplify all these sapes and forms.
>>
>>27603550
>VAGina shit
any car past 2005 is shit anyway
>>
>>27604800
my 2004 fiesta is nicer inside than that wewee
centre console plastic looks very cheap

>>27605817
im surprised they chose half decent looking materials to go with the cheapest instruments (screens) possible. idk why they built a wall too between the front seats instead of giving the driver/passenger more leg room each
maybe the material quality is worse in person
at a glance i thought it was an AI version of a volvo interior - >worst korea - it probably is
>>
>>27605817
>It was looking obsolete even 15 years ago.
What does that mean exactly?
>However in newest cars they do tend to simplify all these sapes and forms.
Picture unrelated, I suppose.
>>
>>27605817
The aircon panel and that curving tablet look like shit.
>>
>>27605919
>idk why they built a wall too between the front seats instead of giving the driver/passenger more leg room
Probably something to do with 4x4 and hybrid system that needs to be placed whereever it can.
>>27605936
>What does that mean exactly?
It means that if you get some girl to sit inside that car, she'll think you're a decade or two older than you claim to be.
>Picture unrelated, I suppose.
New Passat or picrel are simpler in form than their predecessors. Not simple, but they're going there in comparison to how previous versions looked.
>>
>>27606014
>if you get some girl to sit inside that car, she'll think you're a decade or two older than you claim to be.
hi grandpa, i think she can tell by your wrinkles and how you talk
>>
>>27606014
>It means that if you get some girl to sit inside that car, she'll think you're a decade or two older than you claim to be.
Imagine caring what would some (imaginary) girl think so much you base your car choices on that. And imagine lying to yourself by equating that imaginary opinion with the word "obsolete". I believe that's something a "simp" would write, maybe even a "cuck". Which one are you?
>Not simple, but they're going there in comparison to how previous versions looked.
Still not enough. I don't care in a rental, but I prefer to clean my own car and sometimes I even open these panels up.
>>
>>27606037
>I believe that's something a "simp" would write, maybe even a "cuck". Which one are you?
Ask your mom.

But seriously, you might like something that obsolete and it's ok, but it's still obsolete. You might prefer hifi tower, but from functional perspective it can be replaced by much smaller touch screen, that will also have much more options of controlling every aspect of a car. These filthy normies subconsciously understand that and they'll perceive your hifi tower as something obsolete, despite much smoother overall shape of interior.

Honestly I think part of why modern interiors are mixture of many shapes, colors and textures is because touch screens took most functions of previous physical controls and interior designers want to make up for it. We're in late rococo phase right now and cars are still a gen or two before simpler forms of neo-neo-classicism.
>>
>>27606066
the EV you bought with your retirement money wont impress high school girls anon
>>
File: eclassint.jpg (44 KB, 640x480)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>27606069
That's why in few years I plan to buy picrel. Absolutely unironically. Friends of my daughter will all want to be driven home after school, while you can keep your pussydryer.
>>
>>27606066
>But seriously, you might like something that obsolete and it's ok, but it's still obsolete.
I asked what do you mean by using the word "obsolete" and the answer I got was "I think a girl might think something by looking at your car" which is obviously not how the overwhelming majority of people uses it, so it's time to question your adequacy, I guess.
>but from functional perspective it can be replaced by much smaller touch screen
No it can't, it's not an tablet computer, it's a car which is usually moving and I'm the driver, so I'm requred to pay attention to that. You don't own a car and don't drive regularly, do you?
>that will also have much more options of controlling every aspect of a car
What are you talking about?
> These filthy normies
Are you alright, anon? Do you need psych help?
>>
>>27603550
The brakes on this shit are fucking BAAADDD.
>>
>>27607072
Just get better pads bro
>>
>>27603550
Boring blob sub vagshit for women and low t faggots

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.