[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Have you purchased the kit for this in the US?

How difficult was it to build?
What did you pay?
What engine did you go for?

I was thinking of a K-series or a rotary. I know a lot of people like the Duratec, but I've also heard the K-series are simply better for track. And lighter?
>>
>>27607946
I want to but I haven't yet sucked the requisite amount of cocks.

>thinking of a K-series or a rotary
Good for you anon. Impressive.
>>
>>27607946
Even though I love rotaries and have owned a few, I'd choose the Honda K-Series. It would have a relaxed side as well as the manic V-Tec side.
>>
The K series is, hands down, the finest 4 cylinder engine ever made.
>>
>>27608102
Which version would you recommend? Track performance, N/A only.
>>
>>27608298
If you build it yourself, doesn't matter. Even the K20A3 is a fine motor and easily tuned.
Otherwise get the 200-212hp versions because Red top Type R K20 is the best version of it.
>>
File: 1711585231445114.png (116 KB, 357x362)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
>>27607946
My advice is; don't be "unique".
Don't make additions or modifications that are just to impress or chase stats.
Pick the simple options, build it, and learn from there what matters to YOU personally, and what is worth the effort to figure out putting in.

Also paint it dark green
>>
>>27608301
You'd go for the K20a3 over the K24a3? I've heard people putting the K20 headers on the K24 to get a power boost. But why the K20a3?

>>27608332
A rotary would be the simplest, wouldn't it? Lighter weight, smaller engine, higher revs, +1 to weight reduction, leaves more space for engine add-ons down the road if necessary. Even a Renesis would be potent with just headers and exhaust. I felt this would be very complimentary to the Caterham because of its huge weight advantage. And those engines are easy to come by with all the RX-8's in repo yards. I think the only tricky part is making sure the tranny fits in the tunnel due to the higher positioning off the engine itself. But its been done, so rotary vs K2?a3????
>>
>>27608381
>K24a3
not available in the USDM. you're thinking K24A2
>>27608301
>K20A3
fragile, non-fully-counterweighted crankshaft with a poor flowing head and economy VTEC. basically a more fragile k24a4 with even less torque. get a k24a4 lmao
>>
>>27607946
>K-series are simply better for track. And lighter?
lmao, they mean the rover k series, not honda. The honda lumps are far heavier than the duratecs, more expensive and don't have a good rwd gearbox option, whereas the duratec can just be lifted out of a nc miata with the transmission already bolted to it. Not saying k20 is a bad engine, but there's a lot of good reasons people pick duratecs. Plus if you're in the states you've got the 2.5l lumps for pennies if you want some more power, and even those should come in lighter than a k20.
>>
>>27608381
>You'd go for the K20a3 over the K24a3? I've heard people putting the K20 headers on the K24 to get a power boost. But why the K20a3?
I had a K20a3, don't get the a3 even if it's cheaper.
I think the best stock one is the K20z1. But the ideal combo seems to be putting K20a2 or z1 heads on a K24 block. You want the K24a2 block because it has a stronger crank and oil squirters for each piston.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.