[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I drive a 2015 BMW 4 series and I have never ever gone in for routine maintenance a single time. I bought it at around 20k miles, and the odometer currently reads about 175k miles. The only things I've ever done are pumping the tires, adding coolant once, and getting an oil change. Should I be worried?
>>
>>27632669
Getting AN Oil Change?

One?
>>
>>27632669
Honestly it it’s lasted that long then probably not
>>
>>27632669
Please post the last four digits of the VIN so I know which one to avoid. Thanks.
>>
There is an unnerving amount of people who are oblivious to the basic requirements of car ownership as such >>27626037
>>
>>27632669
Neither did my ford. It only got unplanned emergency repairs every time it broke down. It may be theseus's car now, but it's gotten 300,000 miles on it without a single routine maintenance.
>>
>>27632669
Most of the fluids are lifetime anyway. Lifetime transmission fluid, lifetime coolant, etc.
>>
>>27633672
Lifetime in the old sense of whatever Korean or Persian that bought it will likely trade up to a new one before the fluid has to be changed.
>>
>>27632669
>buy expensive car
>not bother to do even the absolute minimal amount of preventive maintenance (most of which is likely free)
Not sure if very rich or very stupid
>>
>>27632669
Shit like this is moving me away from buying a Used E39 in the future.
>>
>>27633672
Trans fluid is lifetime. When the transmission shits itself because the fluid was never changed the car is totalled, therefore it lasted throughout the lifetime of the car.
>>
>>27632669
Yes. If it doesn't break! When you come to sell the buyer will see in the log book you didn't service the car and just 180 away or just offer you scrap value.
>>
File: th-3833973540.jpg (19 KB, 474x474)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>27634944
if only there was a solution
>>
>>27634944
OP here. Well, I plan to drive this car to the ground to be quite honest, don't really see a need for a new car unless this one breaks down to the point where it can't be fixed. I've scheduled my first maintenance at the BMW service center for later this week I guess. FWIW car runs like it does the first day I bought it...
>>
post hand OP
>>
I'm Japanese so yeah I'm not doing any favors for the asians driving BMWs stereotype.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.