[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 3sereis.jpg (65 KB, 750x466)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
why cant americans/germs just make reliable cars? They have so much street cred that people are willing to buy shit like a bmw or jeep just for the looks despite knowing its a piece of shit. Meanwhile, nobody buys a toyota for its look, but rather for its reputation for reliability.

If americans and germans got their shit together and started building reliable cars, japanese car companies would go fucking broke instantly
>>
>>27633830
Toyota? The same company that retroactively made using your carkeys a paid subscription service? They aren't cheap either anymore. You're thinking of some 2007 Toyota.
>>
>>27633830
>They have so much street cred that people are willing to buy shit like a bmw or jeep just for the looks despite knowing its a piece of shit.
so why do they need to try? retard is answering his own question.
>nobody buys a toyota for its look, but rather for its reputation for reliability
no one on earth buys toyota for the reputation. The badge value is literally for poor middle class and uber drivers that needs to penny pinch their maintenance cost.
>>
>>27633872
>so why do they need to try

Because if they did they would completely wipe out Japanese competitors and double their profit
>>
>>27633830
>why cant americans/germs just make reliable cars
as scummy as gm is, their 3800 engine is known for being extremely reliable
>>
>>27634935
He’s ignoring the fact that there’s plenty of good reliable models and engines from German and more so American manufacturers. Anything American with a V8 is nearly indestructible though the transmissions are questionable. And Germans make good I6s and 4 banger economy cars. I’d just avoid anything with a V configuration from them since they have engineering autism that seems to manifest itself in nearly impossible to service by owner maintenance in tight engine bays. Needlessly complicating engine design for a 0.7% benefit in weight distribution is thier weakness. American and Japanese cars still seem to be maintenance friendly because they’re kept longer. In the EU those yearly inspections seem to be designed for them to just throw away cars after 10 years and buy new ones. I’m sure the manufacturers out there lobbied for that and make disposable vehicles purposely. I recently saw a Porsche that has its starter inside the transmission, needing a full transmission removal to replace, that’s honestly the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen.
>>
>>27633879
>Because if they did they would completely wipe out Japanese competitors
Lol. lmao even. The Japanese equivalents will still be more affordable for average consumers.
>>
>>27633830
Aren’t new Tundras with the new twin turbo V6 blowing up? Aren’t new Honda engines also blowing up due to oil dilution?

Meanwhile the NA I6 on my BMW keeps ticking with just regular 5w-40 oil changes and a redline a day.
>>
I think they have to use degrading rubber and extended oil change intervals because of faggot green communists
>>
>>27633830
Actually, aI think BMWs are now the most reliable brand and toyota actually has them make some of their cars.

You know the "Toyota" sports car that can actually pull hard corners while maintaining oil pressure? Its made by BMW
>>
>>27633830
Well for one Japanese people make one type of car, the easiest car to get to a reliable status because it has the least asked of it. They're great at front-wheel drive inline-4s. The Audi TT is also generally more reliable than a lot of other more expensive and complicated Audi models. Because Japs wouldn't even make sports cars if not for the international market. Their culture fully accepts "car as an appliance, it needs to bother me very little, go from point A to point B, have radio and air conditioning." So they don't really make an effort to create anything special, but that means all their models are going to be more reliable.
>>
>>27633830
I have never been in a Japanese car that actually felt as good as its german equivalent- in terms of both material comforts and passenger experience.
>>
>>27635645
>Aren’t new Tundras with the new twin turbo V6 blowing up? Aren’t new Honda engines also blowing up due to oil dilution?
No
>>
>>27636227
Let me tell you something about material comforts and passenger experience. Full disclosure: I will NEVER own a piece of shit bmw, audi, mercedes or any other meme car. So anyway. I took the purchase/maintenance/repair/insurance cost difference between Japanese car and "german equivalent" (whatever that means) and invested it in cash flowing assets. Over time the cash flow from these assets allowed me to purchase even more cash flowing assets. I'm at the point now where I'm on the verge of earning more money from managing my assets than from my job. Let me tell you about my material comfort: it's totally maxxed out. Passenger experience? Knowing you can tell your boss he can go fuck himself at any time is very nice. All of these meme cars like BMW/Audi or mercedes is just for people who will always stay poor and stressed about their job. That's good I guess, not everyone is destined to be wealthy.
>>
>>27633830
>If americans and germans got their shit together and started building reliable cars, japanese car companies would go fucking broke instantly
That's a big if. When the Japanese man builds something it's actually valuable unlike mutt and eurabian labour.
>>
>>27636732
You still have a boss and you think you made it? Lmao typical Euro car hater. Stay poor faggot.
>>
>>27633830
I can't speak for American.
But German cars are made to drive very well for about 4 years then it's a poor's problem.
They only care about selling their car new to people who aren't poor and buys a new one every 2-3 years. They don't make cars for poors who's going to hold onto it for 10 years.
>>
>>27636732
you might be white. As a brown man, there's no other way to whiten the bloodline besides buying euro and larping as a sophisticated person.
>>
>>27636921
My 20 year old BMW is pretty good.
Better than most old cars I've played with
>>
File: 999_999.jpg (13 KB, 384x329)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>27633830
You're pretending to be retarded, right?
>>
>>27636921
It’s a meme desu. Audis I4s are really good forged engines. I can’t speak to VWs version
>>
>>27633830
BECAUS YALL WHITE

ASIANS = long-term thinking, reliable, "boring", "soulless race"
WHITES = stupid novelty gimmicks, "excytement" "bing bing wahoo"
>>
File: 1695065584586967.jpg (729 KB, 1950x2467)
729 KB
729 KB JPG
>>27637015
Shut your whore mouth gook, based Fiat is teaching the world how cars should be made. With soul, passion, quality and no unintended accelerations like some TOYota.
>>
Because planned obsolescence paired with now established clout is a very lucrative endeavor which permits creation for the next thing to appease your now satiated appetite to fit in but above the rest with the newest generation of vehicle.

Interesting how little generations last on new platforms. No one will vote with their dollar, and the wheel will keep spinning.
>>
>>27636227
toyota cressida or (older, ideally body on frame) crown? they're very comfy highway cruisers.
>>
>>27635613
>I recently saw a Porsche that has its starter inside the transmission
sure it wasn't a bmw? i've seen them doing that shit

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.