[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 2001-2004_Honda_Fit.jpg (1.56 MB, 2787x1485)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
Just got a last year/first gen Honda fit.
It's a surprisingly based car. Fits like 3 bicycles. Handles really well. Has no torque, but fun to rev. Shifter is buttery smooth, engine is Honda. I bought this as a gas-saver, but I'm actually finding myself surprisingly excited to go out and drive it. Tight, responsive steering. Very fun to rev it out to 6k in 2nd.
I bet it would be fun as hell with coilovers, a tighter sway bar, and an LSD.
Anyone else enjoying this peppy little guy?
>>
Had one a few years ago, there’s really nothing wrong with a Jazz but
>Tight, responsive steering
Is just wrong. It has over assisted electric power steering with zero feedback, and the steering rack is especially slow for a car of this size, almost as bad as on a Smart
>>
>>27636087
hmmm maybe I like the lightweight steering. I also really like smarts and honda ep3s
>>
That's it. I'm buying the next one I see on Craigslist.
>>
>>27636051
Or you could just get a 2nd gen Mazda 3 hatch. A stronger car with a stronger 2.5L engine with a much better steering.
>>
>>27636051
Based. I bought a 2018 with a manual tranny. I was daily driving a diesel motor before this which is the complete opposite (low revs and plenty of torque) I basically had to throw out my old driving style and learn to rev it out more.
>>
>>27636051
Would have loved a Fit Si, or even one with the r18 from the civic
>>
yep got a first gen 1.5
had coilovers but they busted (bad idea in a rural town with shit roads)
mean as to rev out
slow as shit with passengers, probably worth just taking the back seats out of the car
dont bother doing anything to the exhaust u wont be able to hear anything just chuck a intake in
>>
>>27636642
it's already pretty loud desu. But you don't think it would benefit from a muffler delete?
It's pretty slow, yeah, but I like slow cars. It's still fun to drive somehow
>>
File: hondafit.png (1.28 MB, 1280x960)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
>>
>>27636051
i love my fit
tons of cargo space and i can fart in the gas tank and its good for another 400 km
>>
>>27636051
I'll stick with my RD1 CRV.
>Shitty MPG and slow, but retarded torque that chirps even heavy AT tires effortlessly
Every time the green light comes on people go "Woah wait a minute, what's this guy got in there?" staying back in anticipation before they realize it's taking me a minute to get to 50mph and then pass me kek.
>>
>>27636446
I've heard that the main objective of selling Fits in NA was just a sales technique to get people in the doors via the low price so salesmen can upsell them to a Civic or Accord (hence why we never got a Fit Si and why Honda had no issue axing the Fit in 2020). Been wondering if there any truth to that.
>>
File: 2108472383.jpg (32 KB, 480x360)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
I got a 2005 honda airwave (basically a fit but more station wagoney body). I made some window covers and stealthed it out, put a little air mattress in there and traveled all over my country. I like these cars. I'll list the pros and cons:

Pros:
>economical
>simple and easy to maintain and do your own repairs
>adequately fast (its not a sports car), mine maxes at 175km/hr but it feels extremely unsafe
>save thousands on hotel rooms (I've slept like 60+ days in it lol)
>just a cheap simple car to drive and maintain what more do you want?

Cons:
>the cvt trannies are pieces of shit (get a normal auto if you can)
>no cool factor for the ladies
>I found it unnecessarily difficult to change the head unit, had to direct splice into wiring harness without a diagram (kill me)

Pic rel is what they look like
>>
>>27636446
It would have needed the K20. The last Fit had 130hp so an R18 would have only netted 10 more

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.