[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How much does a 100 day warranty change your used car-buying calculus? Would you feel comfortable buying a car sight unseen knowing you can just take it in to fix any problems you uncover?
>>
>>27636485
that pic
>select your slopmobile
>>
nigger... 100 days is nothing...
>>
>>27636534
Would it be enough time to discover any defects the dealer was hiding
>>
>>27636540
Maybe if you look for it but some jank fixes can be sneaky. Also a lot of shit tends to go wrong when temperatures change especially during the winter. Most manufacturers do warranties of 2-5 years
>>
>>27636485
Why hasn't this company died yet? Are people still buying cars from them? Who is propping them up?
>>
>>27636485
12 month 10k miles is the point where it starts to tip the scales
>>
>>27636485
I've worked for both Carmax & Carvana. you've got a shot at getting a decent car from CarMax, If you ask for the buildsheet (there's a computer record of everything they have done to the car to make it saleable and they will show it to you if you ask). try to avoid one that's had in house body/paint work. It's str8 up used car meatball surgery get it out yesterday quality. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy from there but for the most part they do all the things and hold to the standards they tell people they do, HIGHLY depending on the individual stores, i've seen a couple shitty ones.

Carvana will absolutely sell you any dirty fucking pieace of shit they can find, they do NOT fucking care. got into major arguements about clear flood vehicles. seen motors with noise get Lucas pumped in them. the whole place was on a super shoestring budget and that was before the 20% layoff. on the flip side the 5 day thing is legit, my GF bought her car from carvana before I worked there, took it to the dealer for an inspection & they came up with over 3k worth of shit it needed. Carvana paid the bill for that in full without issue. I've done a bunch of warranty repairs on carvana cars at normal body shops that were covered thru Silver rock which is there aftermarket warranty company
>>
>>27636485
Carvana only has the most boring cars at the most ridiculous prices.

Also- keep in mind that if you hear a ton of people praising the warranty, that means they had to use the warranty because Carvana gave them a lemon.
>>
>>27636485
I've never bought from either but prices are obviously higher than market. I would consider a low miles, single owner, no accidents on report car. You have some time with both to drive the car for a few days at least and get it inspected, you can return it for a full refund as I understand.
>>
>>27636485
None. If it's shit, it's still shit.

>>27636733
Carvana is just Drive time 2.0. Subprime lending to retards and these guys are probably billionaires by now.
>>
>>27636588
>Who is propping them up?
Customers.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.