[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Give me the QRD on the Renegade.

>how good is it
>can it be lifted
>how far offroad can it go?
>>
stellantis garbage
>>
>>27766057
i was looking at them and needed a manual. the manual option has a 2 piece flywheel that will loosen or come apart eventually. the clutch line has a return restrictor so when you let off the clutch it releases slowly. a shop sells a line with the restrictor removed and another sells a single piece flywheel but for those 2 reasons I stopped looking at them. also but something i considered is people think they are pretty lame/gay? jeep people kind of gross and I just though about the association.
>>
>>27766065
That all sounds pretty lame. I respect that it has a manual option a lot. Does it have 4x4? My truck's flywheel is also a dual mass, it is what it is. They shouldn't come apart though.
>>
>>27766057
2.4 is ok, I hated the automatic, spent more time shifting than driving and had the response time of an aborted fetus. It's a fiat 500 with a body kit, you're not going off-road.
>>
>>27766070
yeah it has 4x4 with the manual trans. it was just something about the rivets
>>
>>27766063
yup.
it's a FEEP.
>>
>Fiat 500 with a Jeep badge
>going off-road
>>
>>27766057
It can do endos/stoppies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCEthdH7iYw
>>
File: Renegade Trailhawk.jpg (646 KB, 760x507)
646 KB
646 KB JPG
>>27766057
>how good is it
Probably shit tier reliability, they're kinda slow but not made for speed
>can it be lifted
yep
Outside of rock crawling trails that need dual solid axles minimum, pretty much everywhere with a good set of tires *and* if you get the Trailhawk. The light weight lets it sail over mud, and the Trailhawk gets a pseudo low range transfer case along with a locker (which is otherwise unheard of in compact cuckovers). When I worked at a car lot that kept cars in fields the Renegades were our go-to after huge storms that would turn the fields to mud pits, they surprisingly handled better than the larger 4x4 pickups.
>>
if wrangler was cute
>>
>>27766134
The absolute state of modern Jeeps
>>
>>27766057
Don’t do it. While it’s not too bad looking compared to its competitors, it’s no better than literally any other subcompact crossover while being 5k more expensive and sucking twice the fuel. You’ll go bald from paranoia waiting for the shitty ZF 9 speed(that can’t be serviced btw) to go out. Do yourself a favor and get a C-HR, Corolla Cross Hybrid or HR-V instead. Are they all faggy? Absolutely. But you’re also looking at getting the woman approved Jeep so you already failed on that front.
>>
File: file.png (1.18 MB, 1185x659)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
>>27766057
its the same shit as this, I hope no more needs to be said
>>
File: 1702483823598250.gif (388 KB, 267x180)
388 KB
388 KB GIF
>no
>no
>no
>>
>>27766057
An intern is going ro get fired for leaking character models.
So 4 is confirmed as an offroad adventure movie?
>>
>>27766065

Clutch delay valves are almost a norm on manual transmissions now
>>
>>27766057
It’s complete garbage. The Wrangler Rubicon and Grand Cherokee were shit for a while but they’ve mostly been fixed. All other Jeep vehicles are still shit.

If you want a fun off-roader try to find a WJ (00-04 Grand Cherokee) with a 4.0L L6.

>>27766847
These aren’t really Jeeps.
>>
>>27766057
My brother in law had a brand new one and it was a piece of shit that leaked oil
>>
>>27766063
Why are their any post pasted this one?
>>
>>27766065
>>27767370
CDV delete is usually cheap and easy, I did my bmw for free.99 in half an hour with a line wrench and an 1/8" drill. Unless FIAT put it in the bell housing or something stupid that's not really a big deal. The dual mass flywheel is probably a major failure point and I've had two cars with dmfs fail (a Ford and a bimmer.) both around 80k miles, both with oodles of life left in the clutch disc, so that's frustrating. Wouldn't keep me from buying an otherwise great car (bimmer now has a 13lb aluminum job and is a better car for it) but let's not kid ourselves, this ain't that
>>
>>27766057
I had one from 2016 to 2021. I thought it was the shit, but it was actually shit. I bought it new as a first car and it helped me build credit. I put 50k miles on it. It had the 2.4 L Tigershark engine with the ZF 9-speed transmission.
> It was slow, I know 180 HP isn't much, but it felt slower than that.
>The transmission was lethargic, and has 2. clutches between gears making it even slower.
> Unless you get the Trailhawk model, there is not much off-roading this thing can do.
>The Trailhawk can actually do some impressive off-roading for a CUV. It has good entry, departure, and break-over angles, 4x4 system actually allowed you to select the power distribution, but I don't remember if you got much in the way of lockers. The two hooks on this model are also nice to have for recovery.
> They consumed oil from new had, random electrical faults, motor mounts fail, and radiator fan fail (recall).
> The electric steering is numb. You have no idea what the tires are doing.
>The handling was decent for a FWD economy cuckover.
> The shock absorbers were cool. They were Koni FSD, that attempted to do the variable electronic shock dampening of more expensive cars, by using a valved multichambered shock with different fluid viscosities that would modulate dampening based on frequency of bumps on the road.
> They had lots of little easter eggs hidden throughout that made them fun to discover through ownership (Sasquatch in rear glass, old CJ in windshield edge, spider saying ciao baby in gas cap, jeep logos in unexpected areas. Maps of trails, etc.
> The interior was well thought out.
> Some models have an interesting panoramic/targa roof hybrid which was novel, but i think prone to leaking. They called it My-Sky if I recall.
> They could be had with a manual in any trim except the Trailhawk.
> There is a vast aftermarket for these things.
> The tank is small (20 L if I recall), and they are not that fuel efficient.
>>
It is literally a 500x
No, I'm not saying they're similar nor exagerating.
It is the same actual fucking car with the only difference being the outer shells.
It's frankly offensive.
>>
>>27766057
Wait for the next one, should be this year or next, hope it's better
>>
>>27766057
>how good is it
Depends which engine + transmission you have, but it's mediocre at best
>can it be lifted
I guess?
Surprisingly far considering it's a Fiat 500X build by 3rd worlders
>>
>>27766073
Why do people expect shitbox autos to shift fast? The manual shifting is pretty much solely for engine braking in the mounts. If it was intended to be a sports car it wouldn’t be a shitbox CUV.
>>
>>27770313
I don't see how being made in Italy means it was made in a third world country. Third world countries are those not aligned with NATO or the Warsaw pact following WW2 and during the cold war. In fact, Italy was one of the founding members of NATO in 1949, which makes it by definition a first world country. Those that were aligned with the Warsaw pact are second world countries, and everything else that aligned with neither, including places like Switzerland, most African and LATAM countries, are considered third world. Finally, being made in a third world country does not mean it's bad quality. Aren't Swiss watches coveted and valued for being horologic masterpieces?
>>
>>27770348
It was built in Italy? I could swear that this thing was manufactured almost entirely on Brazil
>>
>>27766057
May as well just get a subaru
>>
>>27766057
>How good is it
Quite the opposite actually. It's a rebadged fiat and hilariously has the same problem when you brake hard and the entire car lifts off the ground and damages the front clip.
>Can it be lifted
Sure, any vehicle can be lifted for enough money but that doesn't mean you should.
>>27766057
Not very. The entire driveline is extremely fragile as is the suspension and frame.
>>
File: m8m7tvgxpqtc1.png (398 KB, 960x984)
398 KB
398 KB PNG
>>27766057
>>
>>27771695
average jeep owner
>>
I dont know what compels me but I want to get a Renegade or similar CUV and thrash the fuck out of it.
>>
>>27766134
>Fiat 500
Even that is actually a fiat doblo underneath
>>
Disney adults need to cease
>>
>>27766057
same thing as this but worse
>>
File: IMG_2532.jpg (201 KB, 900x552)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>27766057
For a smaller little runaround CUV, it’s pretty good. They look decent and drive well. My biggest issue was the weird trunk interior shape, which limits usable space, and that stupid adaptive throttle jew nonsense. Had to flash it so it felt better. Otherwise, I drove mine coast-to-coast and had no issues at all.

Oh, and some people will cry about it not being a REEEEEAL JEEP, as if anything after the TJ was anyway (or the CJ, depending on your autism). Don’t listen to JL/Gladiator faggots.
>>
>>27770425
Yes, it was built in italy. The vins all start with ZAC, which is Italy. Also, Brazilian vehicles are almost exclusively sold only within Brazil. Very few are exported elsewhere, even within south america.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.