[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: confusedtravolta.jpg (46 KB, 800x450)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>i wish car manufacturers would sell manuel transmission cars again
>mfg drops new car with stick
>no one buys
where the complainers and whiners at now?
>>
File: 1718676048051518.jpg (572 KB, 1645x2193)
572 KB
572 KB JPG
they don't buy new cars.
>>
>>27771719
most people who say they like manual trannies drve automatics. i drove a manual audi for 6 years and it mostly sucks ass. the fun only lasts a couple of days then its just annoying having to clutch in all the fucking time, specially if you do a lot of city driving. not to mention manuals feel a lot slower when starting from a stop light because you have to slowly release the clutch vs automatic where you just floor it and it goes vroom. This is ofc unless you clutch dump it/launch it but you can only do that a few times before you burn out your clutch
>>
>>27771719
Give me 80 grand and I'll buy a new manual Lotus Emira
>>
>>27771725
/thread
>>
>>27771725
Why would I buy a new car when there's nothing interesting for sale?
>>
>>27771752
Why would they make something interesting to sell if you will not buy a new car?
>>
>>27771719
manuals are desirable for sports cars. even more specifically, they're desirable for sports cars that will actually be used as sports cars. you know, for spirited driving in the twisties and whatnot.
manuals are NOT desirable for daily drivers. nobody wants a manual for their daily commute, nobody wants a manual when they're sitting in traffic.
consequently, the only market segment that would buy a manual is the people buying a 2nd (/3rd/etc) car, a sports car, specifically to use as a sports car.
now, ask yourself, in current_year, how many people can afford to do that? and how many people can not only afford to do that, but also to buy a new car for this use case?
>>
>>27771757
Why would I buy a new car if they won't make interesting cars?
>>
>>27771727
>Wa wa my hand eye coordination sucks
Just release the clutch as you increase the throttle to increase rpms as the clutch engages more, you dont need to dump your clutch to make a fast launch nor you dont need to slowly accelerate from idle to make a smooth launch
>>
>>27771762
>nobody wants a manual when they're sitting in traffic.
Really tired of hearing this argument
>>
>>27771780
yea, well, its true.
>>
>>27771781
I've only ever owned manuals and it's not a problem for me, get a stronger foot?
>>
As someone who drives and enjoys a manual AND bought his manual car NEW, I'm glad manufacturers dropped manual transmissions.
Manual enthusiasts, car enthusiasts in general are the biggest and most insufferable whiners and complainers, but they never put their money where their mouths are.
I HOPE manufacturers continue to make NPC crossovers and EVs.
>>
>>27771786
nigga please, my first 2 cars were manual too
but then you get an auto for the first time and you realize that yes, indeed, fuck manuals for daily driving.
>>
>>27771800
crazy self report
>>
>Average new car buyer age is 55
>>
>>27771727
Post tits
>>
File: IMG_9128.jpg (488 KB, 1552x790)
488 KB
488 KB JPG
>>27771719
I did my part in buying a brand new manual. But I believe that the years and years of benchracing marketing is to blame because automatic fags just parrot shift times, 0-60, and other numbers that they’ll never see personally

>>27771727
Faggot
>>
>>27771800
only ever drove autos then manual swapped my car. wasn't bothered about traffic in the slightest. however, even with an auto i would try to nail the average speed of traffic so i'd never have to touch any pedal at all.
i'll say it as many times as i have to; if you hated stop-start traffic from the beginning and got a manual later on, the best case scenario is that you don't even notice because changing gears becomes second nature over time, the worst case scenario you seethe and eventually sell your car for an auto.
>>
>>27771719
>mfg drops new car with stick
>prices it significantly higher than the auto
>see look nobody wants manuals anymore lol
>>
problem is that most manuals are to be driven by people who like manuals and have driven them before. Only Toyota has made a manual that is beginner friendly, and even then that got cancelled
>>
>>27771762
All my cars and trucks are manual and I love it no idea wtf you’re talking about
>>
>>27771800
>but then you get an auto for the first time and you realize that yes, indeed, fuck manuals for daily driving.

stop projecting. Im on the same boat as you except I enjoyed driving manuals much more. Even in city driving. Let me do the same as you. Sounds to me like you dont really enjoy driving a car. I mean, you are glad you are skipping on the most engaging portion of driving
>>
File: 1700101837436776.jpg (183 KB, 700x678)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>27771889
>Only Toyota has made a manual that is beginner friendly
>>
>>27771780
10mph craw is the worst becuase your winding out in first gear unless you drop down to 3mph and 2nd gear is lugging hard until you hit like 17+mph

crawling between 1st and 2nd fucking sucks, thank god i almost never have to do it
>>
File: 16e.jpg (92 KB, 680x1360)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>27771719
>still comes with 9000 gorillion computers and safety nannies
>>
>>27771935
Sounds like you have a gay gearbox with shit ratios because your car is some gay heap of shit which isn't sporty and it also has a gay engine which doesn't love being wound out in 1st or you're just too gay to enjoy that.
>>
File: 1703925917809185.jpg (149 KB, 1182x864)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>27771836
idk man I saw a elantra n dct smoke a fl5 at the track well smoking would be generous, the fl5 overheated after two laps lmao
>>
>>27771889
Hyundai/Kia has their iMT which is a clutch-less "manual". I have no idea even if it is available in the US but it sounds perfect for amerigolems that want to learn stick.
>>
>>27771719
yeah car people are whiney pussies who just want to make a bunch of noise, you're just discovering this now?
>>
The only reason to have a manual is reliability. Reliability doesn't matter if the lifetime of the vehicle is five years.
>>
>>27771765
Because you're too poor and wouldn't buy it anyways
>>
Name one new car with a stick for 2025 that didn't have it for 2024MY
>>
>>27771781
not really. unless I'm just the exception. I had a manual for my first 10 years of driving, in cities that are known for having terrible traffic. when it came to buying a new car it was hard to find a manual so I bought an automatic. always regretted it and after 2 years sold it for the same car, but in manual.
>>
>>27771727
skill issue
>>
File: 1586794657561.jpg (36 KB, 500x494)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>27771935
Yesterday I spent 30mins doing just that in a manual car

Retards here will say that's a heckin driving experience and you're gay if you don't enjoy shifting 1-2-1 at 10mph
>>
>puts manuel in >$60k cars
>wHy iS nO OnE bUyInG
>>
File: beanerbarrow.jpg (189 KB, 1300x957)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>27771719
>manuel transmission
>>
File: usddc89jkric1.jpg (57 KB, 934x1144)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>27772262
>makes hopeleaaly boring garbage economy cars for 30 years
>releases fun enthusiast car right in the middle of a fucking recession followed by monetary inflation and rising gas prices

>wHy NoBoDy BuY??????????
>>
>>27771719
>gutless 3cyl turbo
>egr, gdi, secondary air
>plastic water pump
>plastic valve cover
>plastic oil pan
>still weighs nearly 4k pounds
>entire exhaust consists of 14' of cats and o2 sensors
>led headlights shaped like goth chick's makeup
>fake vents everywhere
>butterfly farts on side of road sends the sensors into a fit
>retinal scan to accept telemetry eula on the 18" tablet
>pull over so you can tap through 7 screens and turn on a/c

At this point in the timeline who gives a fuck what transmission it has?
>>
I do my part; two new manual BMW's and now the WRX. I would've stayed with BMW, but the new G20 gave up the stick. Though I'm honestly impressed with how the Subaru compares to my old F30. Might be more of an indictment of how far the German luxury brands have missed the mark in the past decade though. At any rate, manual sedans for me until there's no more left for sale. Then I'll just buy a fucking Prius.
>>
>>27771727
Bought my first car and learned manual. My car automatically pulls you forward on bite point so take off from a light is actually not that bad. But it severely upsets the car if I rush the take off especially on an incline, I have no idea how people are so quick at it.
>>
>>27771800
Manual DD is fine. Automatics are annoying cause they shift wrong. Most of them work well in manual mode, but then thats just a more expensive, less reliable manual transmission. The problem with traffic is that you're stuck in traffic, not that my left foot is moving and maintaining blood flow. An automatic is just as stuck in traffic.

I don't like sports cars or economy cars. I like suvs and minivans with big powerful engines. The reason im not buying Manual transmission cars is they are all retarded. And most of the manual transmissions have shitty ratios paired with a tiny engine that cant compete with cars that are automatic only.

> My dd is a 6 speed manual L6 SUV
>>
>>27771935
My car has a 4.2:1 1st gear, and ill run it to 25 mph in traffic. So unless traffic is stop & go with a top speed over 25, im not shifting. Literally as easy as an automatic
>>
>>27772222
Traffic always sucks.
>>
Just add it as an option. Use the same bellhousing bolt pattern and clutch/flywheel set up from a previous model. Every manufacturer has a manual they can use or a supplier they can get one from. What else does it change?
>pedal assembly
>driveshaft length
>shifter
>console
>gauge cluster?
>>
>>27772464
disregard any care for the clutch and just give it more gas and rape the clutch slowly.
>>
>>27772537
Unique cope
>>
>>27772532
>And most of the manual transmissions have shitty ratios
good point, autos started getting more gears and so they had to start gearing for max fuel economy to try to equal the autos.
IIRC the new corolla and others, the CVT gets better gas mileage than the manual.
>>
>>27772650
paper work anon the death of all things cool
>>
>>27771762
>nobody wants to sit in traffic
Fixed.
>>
I drive my manual an hour and a half a day in bumper-to-bumper traffic and anyone who says that's difficult is a pussy.
>>
>>27771719
>>27771762
>>27771780
>>27771781
>>27773116
I can't imagine sitting through bumper to bumper traffic at all, much less every day on my commute. I dont know how cityfags do it, I'd kneck myself in under a week.
>>27772082
Being poor is objectively more fun than being rich, especially if you fall under the banner of redneck or white trash.
>>
>>27773140
>I dont know how cityfags do it
I'm not saying I enjoy it; I'm looking for a way out. I'm just saying that shifting gears doesn't make it any worse.
>>
>>27773140
>Being poor is objectively more fun than being rich
lmao ok dude
>>
>>27771719
I did and mustang will continue to offer because of my dollars.
>>
>>27771935
What car has gearing so low that 1st tops out at 10mph?
1st in mine goes to about 40mph, I'm practically idling going 10mph
>>
>>27773831
Some antique European shitbox with a tiny engine and 70km/h top speed
>>
>>27773116
>difficult
no. But very annoying yes

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.