[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: o.png (123 KB, 733x380)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>yeah bro let me put all my net worth in a rapidly depreciating asset
>hell yeah bro
>haha it goes VROOM VROOM
>>
>all those years budgeting and investing every red cent i had finally pays off. my life begins now
>>
>rapidly depreciating asset
I bought a Honda
>>
>>27773652
People will cope and pretend it’s not about you it’s about your kids but you can count on one hand the number of people who got a cent because their parents followed this strategy. Over the long run, solid investing just barely beats inflation. Think about that. It means the only reason to invest (rather than save) is to keep yourself from losing a few bucks and unless you hit it big with real estate or a business then you die penniless either way.
>>
>>27773645
everything depreciates.
>>
>>27773645
Yeah, why would I buy food if it's just going to turn into literal shit 24 hours later?
>>
that's why im gonna buy a used car with a warranty
(not right now though, prices need to correct more)
>>
File: 20231021_101447.jpg (3.49 MB, 4032x3024)
3.49 MB
3.49 MB JPG
>>27773693
Saving is gay, richfags fire up the linked in and hop jobs when they need money
>>
>>27773693
>only reason to invest (rather than save) is to keep yourself from losing a few bucks

turns out you are just shit at investing.
I've 10X my money every 3-4 years consistently with crypto.
I bought my first house with that $$.
built my first race car with it.
now I'm setup for buying a 2nd house in cash.
if I get a 3rd house, I can stop working forever.

meanwhile you are stuck at a garbage job in a garbage situation.
>>
>>27773719
let me guess, your dick is big too huh
>>
>>27773645
I would try to justify it, but the cars literally get physically depreciated rapidly.

Door dings, rock chips, inevitable rust cancer in 10-20 years, eventually getting hit by a texting woman and the body shop does slapjob repairs with non-OEM results. Even the dealership techs will scratch your wheels, mar your paint by leaving their tools on top of your hood, etc.

It's like spending $30-$300K on a fucking eraser that's gonna be rubbed away in a matter of years.

Cars piss me off so much I love them but I don't want to own anything because the world is too shitty. Cars should be made of impervious durable materials that stay visually perfect for at least 10-15 years

Otherwise they should only cost $800. Fuck spending a house on a soda can that'll get crumpled if anything touches it
>>
>>27773645
Honestly what cars are even worth buying these days? New cars are all computerized goymachines, only thing left is shitboxes and motorcycles
>>
>>27773693
Financially illiterate. Do you know what compound interest is?
>>
>>27773719
Post race car
>>
>>27773645
>haha it goes VROOM VROOM
Yeah, pretty great, isn't it?
>>
File: 325535321.jpg (116 KB, 1500x844)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>27773739
>Cars should be made of impervious durable materials that stay visually perfect for at least 10-15 years
I got just the car for you.
>>
It's not an asset. It's a tool. When I'm buying a drill, I don't think about how much I could sell it for down the line. I make my choice based on what tasks I need it to do, then I'll use it until it's so broken, that it can't fixed anymore.
With a car, it's much the same.
>>
>>27773719
This.
O bought my first house with a deposit i built up woth equities, when i found crypto my wealth went insane.
I have since sold ( made about 30% on the house too,) and moved to a bigger house in the countryside and i am still sitting on an unusually big bag.
Get good.
>>
I will never be able to afford a house. I can however afford a car. I like that it goes fast and makes pssssssshhht noises upon gear shifts. Therefore I would rather live in my car.
>>
>>27773693
The problem isn't that investment makes money, it's that people make it to retirement and then realize that they're assholes and never actually liked their kids, and spend their entire life fortune on living 4 months longer.
>>
>>27774201
Low IQ post
I'm feeling generous, so I will let you try again. If you think you can post something worth reading, that is.
>>
>>27774116
>arrives with factory-fresh rust
Do muskrats really?
>>
>>27774201
You can sleep in your car, but you can't race a house
>>
>>27773645
Idgi what op is referencing. Can somebody explain?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.