[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cost money.jpg (58 KB, 500x686)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
Why cars gotta be so fucking expensive?
>>
Why do you got to be so poor?
>>
>>27774740
same reason groceries, gas, insurance, cell phones, internet, education, and everything else is expensive.

retards keep buying it, then complain on social media rather than learn what a boycott is.
>>
>>27774741
i make 80k a year but it's not enough for any new car in biden's america
>>
>>27774755
>blames the president because can't save up 30% of his annual income
you dumb retarded bitch
>>
>>27774740
Because the government puts a gun to automakers' heads and basically force them to re-engineer the entire car from top to bottom once every five years to get better fuel economy, emissions, collission safety, pedestrian crash safety, so that you're always paying four times the cost of manufacturing to offset the neverending development costs.
>>
Late stage crony capitalism.
Until that shit gets fixed our stuff is regulated TO HELL and back and will cost a fuckton.
>>
>>27774763
FACT: Under the leadership of Joe Biden, the American economy has never been stronger.
FACT: There has never been a better time to buy a car, new or used.
FACT: Trump wants to crush all used cars and make all new cars mandatory polluters.
Remember these facts in November!
>>
Stocks and corporate profits are doing pretty good, the rest doesn't matter to our overlords. Dumb workers got tricked into believing that unions are bad for them lmao
>>
>>27774809
I will NEVER buy a car made by union labor. Sorry I just won't :) HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>27774823

Based, fuck the workers lmao
>>
I used to think cars were expensive but I read on /o/ people drove $500 shitboxes for years so I got into the shitbox life and what do you know I had a $450 shitbox for 5 years
>>
>>27774991
you cant get anything for $500 anymore, even copart jews you for more in transaction fees.
>>
>>27774740
>Why cars gotta be so fucking expensive?
They are free if you are willing to put a little work into getting one. It was this way in the 1990's. The 2000's. After 2010. And even this year. You just gotta spend the effort to get a car cheaply.
>>
>>27774809
>Dumb workers got tricked into believing that unions are bad for them

Unions are full of corruption. The percentage of salary dues are spent on multi-layered contracts with friends and family all taking a slice off each contracted level until finally a small amount remains with which to do the union infrastructure task. In ancient times when there weren't so many employment laws, 401K did not exist, and even social security didn't have so many laws regulating it, then unions covered some problem areas. But in modern times, there are now so many employment laws covering the same things that unions cover. Much of what the union does legally is redundant other than the power to organize a strike.

In the USA, UAW currently charges each month 1.44% of gross pay or 2.5 hours of straight pay.
>>
>>27774823
>I will NEVER buy a car made by union labor.

Unions don't necessarily make the cars better. It just makes it harder to have a merit system where problem employees are gotten rid of. For example, unionized Chrysler employees go out on lunch break to get some beer and then come back to work. Assembly Excellence. If you try to stop it, you might get fired for stirring up the hornet nest of union protection antics.
>>
>>27774741
>Why do you got to be so poor?
Cars are too expensive and require a living wage to own one due to insurance and fuel costs. Systematic discrimination keeps people down and not able to get a job with living wages. For example, doctors make a living wage, but the requirement for a medical license is discriminatory. Professional Engineers make a living wage, but the P.E. certification (similar to a board cert for a medical doctor) is discriminatory. Regular engineers make living wage, but the need for a BS engineering degree discriminates against those that cannot get thru university followed by the testing offered during the engineering job interview.

>>27774741
>Why do you got to be so poor?
More people can afford to have cars once Equity is required in the work place. Or Reparations so that normal people can afford a car, insurance, maintenance, and fuel.
>>
>>27774740
>Why cars gotta be so fucking expensive?
Because the current USA federal government and Buttigieg's Dept of Transportation has been trying to make gasoline cars as expensive as possible. Discourage ICE and encourage EV was the declared plan in the first year.

Don't forget that 2026 has new cars incorporating an OFF switch under control of the government. The build back better plan also had financing to develop internal cabin cameras to scan the people to see if they are driving illegally such as DUI or Sleepy.
>>
>>27775656
Melanin-enriched fingers typed this post
>>
File: IMG_1035.jpg (43 KB, 600x440)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>27775656
>>
File: dodge evo x.jpg (114 KB, 798x598)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>27775631
this is the Trenton, MI plant where Pentastars were made and a good reason why V6 LX cars like Challys and 300s were so much better than their domestically-produced stablemates: their engines are made in Mexico instead where UAW doesn't exist and even the domestic workers unions hold very little power.
>>
>>27775631
Oh my, the video shows extra large alcohol cans/bottles followed by huffing marijuana during their Chrysler lunch break. Union quality employees.
>>
>>27774795
Economy might be strong but people are getting fucked by inflation, wages that cant keep up with that and high interest rates
>>
>>27774755
I make half that and I can still find viable shitboxes to drive. Don't forget that cars go A to B and unless you have a specific reason to change this in a meaningful way (fast, off road, etc.), driving can be done cheaply.
>>
>>27774795
>the American economy has never been stronger.
Big number going up too fast is usually time to panic and trade the money for goods.
>>
>>27777637
it has to get you back though (b to a). shitboxes breaking down on the road can put my 80k salary in jeopardy.
>>
>>27774740
Cause cars come standard with a ton of bullshit now
Take all the nonsense out of car and just give a manual transmission and an engine and cars would be cheap as hell but you need to have radios, AC, backup cameras, screens, shitloads of sensors
All this shit is jacking up prices

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.