[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20240630_085856.jpg (3.29 MB, 4032x3024)
3.29 MB
3.29 MB JPG
>working as a wagie at a auto parts warehouse
>everything we sell here is made in China except spark plugs as they are made in Japan
No wonder parts break all the time.
>>
>>27777216
chink parts aren't even all that bad wtf are you saying? They're obviously not as good as OEM but 95% of the time it doesn't matter.

T. exchange my ignition coils every year for free at vato zone. When my alternator takes a shit you're gonna exchange that too (for free) you little bitch
>>
>>27777226
I know at least for euro cars you can get OEM parts from suppliers that come with the same guarantee. though you probably won't need it
>>
>>27777238
you're not meant to repair euroshit, you just trade it in. They are meant to be recycled.
>>
File: 1719760894298.png (115 KB, 400x232)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>27777252
>>
>>27777252
That's all cars these days. As cars become more electronic and electric, they're basically new iPhones that OEMs are forcing us to upgrade every 3 years.

There's no reason for them to make a good product that we only buy from them once and it lasts us 15-20 years. Much much better for them to hook the human novelty drive and get retards to buy new bing bing wahoo every couple years.
>>
>>27777216
What's the deal with new and reman parts going to absolute shit or common parts being outright unavailable? This isn't country or brand specific. It's across the board.
>>
Why yes I do pay extra for OEM parts as they are known for "quality".
>>
>>27777384
>What's the deal with new and reman parts going to absolute shit
It takes time and money to train people , it takes time and money to do a good job.
Even here in USA they throw noobs on the job with very little training, the equipment is old and shitty, and you're expected to process however many units per day.
>or common parts being outright unavailable?

>This isn't country or brand specific. It's across the board.
Education teaches the opposite of being a productive competent worker.
Parasitic financial institutions take over companies and try to extract maximum profits by paying less, training less, and not upgrading or maintaining facilities.
>>
>>27777384
Bean counters and MBA’s have invaded every aspect of industry like a parasite and thought minmaxxing everything for a few extra bucks in a quarter will still mean quality down the line (or for the more cynical ones it won’t, but they dgaf they’re just into it for a pump and dump). Its the same reason why companies like Boeing became a complete trainwreck over the last few years.
>>
>>27777394
unfortunately that's the only way to even get parts that fit correctly or test in spec out of the box.
I learnt the hard way to not cheap out on engine/trans mounts. buy once cry once.
>>
File: checked.jpg (21 KB, 427x427)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>27777444
I remember I bought a valve cover gasket from autozone once and it wasn't even close to being the correct one. I checked the part number and it was intended for my car, but it was like a perfect rectangle, it didn't even try to be the shape of the valve cover. Had to go to the dealer and pay triple the price for the OEM one.

Now I order through rockauto whenever possible, never had any issues with them. There "daily driver" series is basically OEM quality for less than vatozone.
>>
>>27777407
>>27777427
That makes sense. It's getting very difficult to make a living as a mechanic. It's either the part is unavailable for a month or more, or I'm losing money on warranty repairs because something failed within a couple weeks to a month of the repair in a way that isn't typical for the part. I did a starter recently on some piece of shit GM vehicle three times before they managed to get me a working part.
>Inspect part
>Looks correct. Nothing unusual.
>Bench test for functionality
>Works fine
>Install on vehicle
>Everything works
>Clear lift arms
>Try to start vehicle
>*Click*
>Try again
>*Whirrrrr*
>Motor spins. Solenoid doesn't fire.
It's tiresome.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.