[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is there like a list of every traffic rule to know?
I'm trying to learn how to drive and I have ocd, it's incredibly uncomfortable and disorienting to be in traffic for me, my brain just wants to check everything and go everywhere and be afraid of every possible mistake but I feel like vomiting because I do not know every single thing. It's hell.
What is going on in your mind when driving? It's too much input for the senses that it's so overwhelming.
>>
>>27777225
mostly common sense that you learn from experience. if you want to learn the actual rules you can find your state's drivers handbook online
>>
>>27777225
Its like that for everyone from the start. Then you gain the muscle memory of operating the controls and you are left to focus on decision making, then the load is way less.
>>
>>27777225
>Is there like a list of every traffic rule to know?
Yes and it depends on where you are driving. Traffic codes exist but only a narrow fraction of the laws are enforced. If you know most of them for the area you are driving, you are probably a lawyer or judge. Cops know just enough to be able to write citations. The average driver knows more made up imaginary "laws" than actual laws.
Have fun.
>>
If you're still here, basically these two. A big part of learning to drive is actually learning to operate the car without explicitly thinking about the steps. It's like when someone first handed you a controller, it's weird at first but soon it's second nature and you don't have to think about it. The rest is just common sense stuff, but it does feel like a lot at first. You just need the basics at first, stop at stop signs, stop lights, drive the speed limit, and always always look where you're going. The rest is just details that, while it's good to have a basis in from a driver's handbook or driver's course, you'll learn along the way. Just go do it, do it as often as you can, and literally before you know it it's all going to make sense.
>>
>>27777225
You don't have OCD. OCD is where you like having things clean and organized with labels. I saw it on this TV show Monk.
>>
>>27777225
I learned recently and it's real tough at first. You'll get over stimulated but eventually operating the vehicle will become second nature along with the basic rules of the road.
The biggest thing I'd suggest is learning how right of way works. Also, people will speed and do the unexpected. Stick to the right lane when able (Assuming USA)
>>
>>27777225
Go to your state's BMV website and look up the license test section. They'll have a link to the laws you need to know.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.