[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_8724.jpg (70 KB, 1024x482)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
Why would anyone buy an Audi over a BMW? They both compete in the German luxury/performance category but one is simply better in every way and always was.
>>
>>27822189
they can't even put the engine in the correct place
>>
Audis offer a subtlety that most modern BMWs lack. Also sometimes they've offered newer more refined stuff in the same segment, such as the B9 A4 when the F30 was out. I do agree that outside of a few interesting niche offerings (RS3, first gen R8, some of the older Avants and RS models), BMW has been consistently better for the past while. Their cars are just more seriously engineered.
>>
>>27822189
I prefer VAG reliability.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (102 KB, 386x512)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>27822224
"VAG reliability"
>>
>>27822220
This and unlike BMW and Mercedes Audi isn't a brand tainted by niggeres and turks.
>>
>>27822258
>BMW has been consistently better for the past while. Their cars are just more seriously engineered (than vws).
vws are GAY as FUCK
>>
>torsen
>2.5l i5
>design
>>
>>27822237
bottom looks badass. top looks like it’s made by hillbillies
>>
Sometimes I think an Audi looks really cool and has a clean, aesthetic design.

That being said, I would never buy an Audi over a BMW. Which leads me to ultimately conclude that Audi is kept afloat by women.
>>
They make high performance vehicles, also luxury vehicles and status objects. People go into massive debt for them, monthly payment like a house.
>>
>>27822416
If you are rich you can buy them in cash, they are also driven professionally, leased/rented, sometimes stolen.
>>
>>27822258
>Audi isn't a brand tainted by niggeres and turks.
lol. lmao even
>>
AWD
>>
>>27822478
AWD is a numale feature. The chad wants RWD, a high-revving longitudinal I6, and a manual transmission..you could call this..the ultimate driving machine..
>>
just get a golf
>>
>>27822491
l6 or v8 would be great
awd is nice but i find it funny with all the "no you NEED awd in snow or you'll CRASH" mentality that seems to have really spread in the past 10 or so years
>>
File: zoomer thots.jpg (147 KB, 906x1208)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>27822189
tell me what's even luxurious about these cars that you can't get in a fucking Toyota Camry in 2024

go on, please. elaborate.
>>
>>27822583
The logo shows you have more money
>>
>>27822585
does it though? people with lots of money don't drive audi or bmw pleb models, they drive exclusive or vintage stuff like an R8 or 850Csi

poorfags drive regular 3 series and shit, which are the same price as a Camry lol.
>>
>>27822583
camrys are pretty nice now but an A4 or 3 series has better sound deadening, better materials, better suspension design and tuning, etc
both Audi and BMW arguably have better electronics (infotainment + safety crap) than Toyota also
nothing worse than lane keep assist or collision warning than turns on every drive AND doesn't work properly and constantly gives false positives
>>
File: 5367777.jpg (4 KB, 225x225)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>27822623
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkNSn9w09Hk
>>
File: biker trash.png (666 KB, 960x673)
666 KB
666 KB PNG
>>27822623
>nothing worse than lane keep assist or collision warning

correct. new cars are gay as fuck.
>>
File: Audi RS6 C6.jpg (1.63 MB, 1920x1341)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB JPG
>>27822189
Audi definitely has BMW beaten in the performance wagon department, but that's a niche that not many people care about. Audi is also shooting themselves in the foot by getting rid of the i5, one of the few things that sets them apart from other VAG cars.
>>
>>27822628
>squeeze on random plastic parts in a 10 year old car
>they squeak
wow you sure convinced me anon
the equivalent generation Camry looks like this inside, basically all hard plastic except for the fancy leather trim on the dash
>>
>>27822659
car wasn't 10 years old when he squeezed it, it was new
>>
>>27822659
Camry unironically looks better ngl
>>
>>27822669
>it was new
that's not what the video says lol
>>
>>27822659
I have a 12 year old Impala and it doesn't squeak at all and it's a shitty GM product. No excuse for that to happen in a BMW.
>>
>>27822189
>Why would anyone buy an Audi
FTFY
>>
>>27822491
That is true, I agree with that.
But if you wanted AWD you would go with audi
>>
>>27822628
>>27822675
>>27822680
What about a modern 2024 interior vs 2024 Camry interior? You don't think that BMW would fix this shit in the newer model?
>>
>>27822953
>2024 Camry interior
Goddamn they're awful. I've been in a few because they're Ubers and the door card vinyl is just the most awful cheap shit and the plastic scratches really easy.
>>
>>27822628
that's just depressing
>>
The UX sounds in BMWs (door open chimes, key in ignition, etc.) are annoying, Exterior styling in the last generation cars is also in Audis favor imo
>>
>>27822595
it's a spectrum moron. poors drive gooks, middle class drives japs, upper class flock to german marques, hyper rich drives exotics.
>same price as a Camry
do you even own a car retard? Yeah you can spec out a camry to an entry 3 series but the insurance cost, maintenance cost, premium fuel, these all add up much higher for these "luxury" brand cars
>>
>>27822953
the G20 is generally considered to be a step up from the F30 in every way except maybe styling
>>
>>27822628
to be fair F30 is well known amongst BMW people as having cheaped out on alot of stuff
>>
File: r8 2.jpg (208 KB, 1630x1087)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>>27822189
only one of them makes a gated manual mid engine v10 that revs to 8700 rpm
>>
>>27823207
this is just a badge engineered Lamborghini
>>
>>27822189
I walked in an audi delership with my chick and none of the salesmen would approach us. I actually liked the cars, they had cool dash displays that the BMWs in the same price class didnt have. But they didnt wanna talk to us so oh well.
We went to the BMW dealership down the street. Get there like 10 minutes before they were about to close, and the dude approached us right away, I said "hey man I know you're about to close we just wanted to sit in a couple cars real quick and see if there was anything she liked." And he was like "nah man it's never too late, what did you wanna look at." Ended up buying from him.
So thats my story on why I bought a bmw and not an audi.
>>
>>27822189
Why would anyone buy a BMW over a Porsche?
>>
>>27823284
What BMW did you get?
>>
>>27823288
X2
>>
>>27822303
it's the same thing dude
>>
>>27823295
They're pretty good to drive. Interior quality isn't the best, but it is also the cheapest BMW model.
>>
>>27822189
Modern BMWs look like overdesigned garbage.
>>
>>27823339
Not sure about the US market, sorry.
>>
>>27822628
>putting unrealistic pressure on surfaces not made for more than a slight press makes a noise
Consider me thoroughly shocked.
https://www.youtube.com/@realbqt/videos
Every car will do it. This dude has an entire channel dedicated to finger fucking dashboards and just about every car makes a creak to some varying degree (Mazda had flat out loose pieces for some reason).
>>
>>27822258
audi still looks decent. nu bmw are the ugliest cars on the road and always driven by young arabs. some mercedes still look alright but most of them are blobs
>>
>>27823374
Audi's seem to hit the junkyard the fastest though. I rarely ever see an Audi on the road that is over 10 years old and I haven't seen a pre-2000s Audi in 6 or 7 years now.
>>
Its not really a good period for Audi right now. But the general answer is that Audi is premium VW. It isn't as arrogant or boasty as BMW. Audi is a family man car, BMW loud young man. Also Audis tend to be a bit cheaper than BMW/Merc in Europe.

There might be niche driving concerns too with Audis quattro and more robust diesel engine lineup, albeit these were more defining characteristics in 2009 than now. In the last 15 years BMW has become a monster with +15 cars and a dozens engines to have something for any situation.
>>
>>27823383
>Also Audis tend to be a bit cheaper than BMW/Merc in Europe.
Same with my country and I'm not a Euro. Everyone here just calls Audi "VW with some lipstick" and it's a pretty accurate statement (especially with how much parts sharing goes on). I see far more Passats getting around than I do Audi's, including much older models, so getting a good trim Passat is more worthwhile than an Audi imo.
>>
>>27822303
They look really similar idk what you're talking about
>>
I’ve tended to prefer BMW over Audi, but the new A5/S5 look a lot better than what BMW has been dropping lately. It’s like they’re making their cars uglier on purpose.
>>
>>27823384
you probably live in a poorfag country that doesn't get any of the newer or higher end Audis
most of Audi's current model lineup has no VW equivalent because every VW is transverse engine except for their biggest suv
>>
>>27823398
We tend to only get highest trim models of cars because of import tax, and even then, Audi is still not thought of very fondly in the luxury market.
>>
>>27822224
VAGina
>>
>>27823398
>Audi's current model lineup has no VW equivalent because every VW is transverse engine except for their biggest suv
you missed the point dude, it was about how the interiors and exteriors are basically just rebadged Volskwagens, not what engines they have
>>
>>27823384
At least here "A more refined VW" is hardly a negative with VW considered the proper normal car. Same as Lexus/Toyota comparison.
>>
BMW breaks often
Audi is true 4wd
>>
>>27822237
Its from the same audi desing team
>>
>>27823416
the point is that an Audi can't be "a VW with some lipstick" if the actual bones of the car are completely different, which they are for all Audis except the A1 and A3 because VAG uses different chassis, suspension and AWD systems for their transverse and longitudinal engine cars
it would be more accurate to say that an Audi is a hotter woman wearing the same clothes and makeup as the homely VW
>>
>>27822237
Sorry im not a shart that cant maintain his cars.
>>
>>27823433
>Audi is a hotter woman wearing the same clothes and makeup as the homely VW
I'd say it's more like it's the same homely woman but the Audi has caked on a tonne of makeup to hide it.
>>
>>27823384
>VW with some lipstick

You hear this all the time and even where it actually applies like A3/Golf, the golf is way nicer to drive than a corolla of the same year. So maybe it should be "Audi in jeans"
>>
>>27822258
They won't touch it because it's a bitch to work on. Why would you use torx over hex?
>>
>>27822189
> Why would anyone buy an Audi over a BMW?
VW fanboys who don’t mind owning an inferior car.
>>
>>27823285
Less money and more practicality
>>
>>27822623
Yea, gonna disagree with you there chief, as an Audi technician these cars piss me off. They're supposed to be high quality luxury and everything like that but these cars have more squeaks and rattles than my POS 8th gen civic. Granted the materials are much nicer but I'd appreciate not having to rip out the headliner every time I get a squeak complaint to add tape to these shitty little clips
>>
>>27823416
If you actually worked on Audi vs Volkswagen you'd know there's a massive difference as soon as you get past the body. The only ones remotely comparable to Volkswagen are the A3 and Q3
>>
>>27822224
The B48/B58 are reliable engines
>>
BMW is priced at a higher tier than Audi in my cunt. Porsche is another tier above BMW.
>>
>>27823645
>Why would you use torx over hex?
because torx is far more strip resistant than hex
>>
>>27823433
Even an S3 is almost all aluminum vs a Jetta which is all steel.
It’s not even close to being a VW
>>
>>27822189
>one is simply better in every way and always was.
Yeah, the Audi. Love me some VAG.
>>
File: 3series.jpg (23 KB, 474x315)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
Bimmer fag, I'm always polite and say "oh nice" when someone tells me they have an Audi. I say they have nice interiors. Truth is, Audi like Lexus has never been under consideration, same for Cadillac. Audi has a lot of electrical issues, and just never stack up to BMW. Yes, other brands have made some nice or fast cars, but day in and day out, it's BMW.
No way in hell is anything from Toyota anywhere near the level of BMW, which is why the new Supra is actually BMW. Even they know!
BMW uses cast aluminum suspension components. Toyota and others use stamped steel. It's what you don't see. Toyota interior vs BMW is no contest. Clearly never owned BMW. It's like comparing a Huffy bike to a Cannondale. And poors don't drive BMW for long, most poors can't afford 3k to 4k repairs and the car sits.It's either new and under warranty or repairs that cost more than most people's shit box.
>>
>>27822189
Because modern BMWs look like shit
>>
File: Porsche-Emblem.jpg (205 KB, 1920x1080)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
>>27822189
>>
>>27822298
This is not a package deal they offer, sadly.
>>
vagoo is based.
golf/a3 as a daily and a 911 track toy for the weekends.
>>
>>27824238
you have 0 tools
>>
As someone who frequently cycles cars every few years, luckily BMW and Audi have offset generation years, I like to pay for my cars with cash after their depreciation hit the worst. I don't have strong brand loyalty besides enjoying German cars, and while I prefer BMW over Audi the difference is negligible enough for me to thoroughly enjoy both.

So far B8 S4 (first car) -> F30 435ix -> B9 S5 -> next car will be a G M340/440ix with the newer tech once good ones start to drop below $30k US.

When I do this every few years I usually lose about $3-4k and more in repairs. Still beats buying one of these new for $60k+.
>>
>>27825212
You have 0 sex
>>
>>27823278
Most of the difference honestly is just the interior and the way you sit inside and get in and out.

It's a badge-engineered Lamborghini designed to be more of a daily driver.
>>
>>27825213
>S4 first car
must be nice to have rich parents
>>
>>27824920
>it's what you don't see
>doesn't know that both Audi and Lexus use aluminum multilink front suspension in their 3 series competitors
but sure, keep acting like your strut car isn't a rental because BMW added another control arm
>>
>>27825274
The comparison was Camry, not Audi or Lexus, typical woman/faggot move, intentionally get it wrong to feel smug.
>>
>>27825284
you didn't mention the Camry anywhere in your post but you said "Toyota and others use stamped steel" after mentioning multiple brands you claim are categorically inferior to BMW
so instead of admitting you have no idea what you're talking about you just moved the goalposts
>>
>>27825302
That's true though, Toyota is inferior to BMW.
>>
>>27824238
>because torx is far more strip resistant than hex
Yes, it is far more strip resistant. You don't strip anything, you just snap off the stupid Torx driver in the screw and if you're unlucky you can't easily get it back out again. Hex drivers strip instead of snapping so you can come back with a drill or other tools more easily.
>>
>>27822189
I'm not in the demographic who likes luxury cars, but I much prefer BMW over Audi. BMW's I've driven are always RWD with good proportions and road manners. Audi cars have excessive front overhang which looks like FWD and undesirable. Yuk.
>>
>>27822491
>The chad wants RWD, a high-revving longitudinal I6, and a manual transmission..you
I'd prefer it if it came in a package that doesn't weigh more than a large 4wd commercial van
>>
>>27824505
and yet they're both GAY as FUCK vws
>>
>>27825274
>both Audi and Lexus use aluminum multilink front suspension in their 3 series competitors
And they still handle like shit?! LOL @ vwsteer by the way
>>
>>27826032
Luv me E92. Shrimple as.
>>
>>27822258
>This and unlike BMW and Mercedes Audi isn't a brand tainted by niggeres and turks.
You have no Idea what you're talking about.

t. Turk in Germany
>>
>>27822585
I see half the people living in bungalows has a mercedes/BMW/Audi - means nothing but bad spending desu senpai
>>
>>27827363
Listen you son of a bitch. Aryan Kraut here.
Audi is for Russians.
>>
love my 120d
>>
>>27822659
>>27822628
These "squeeze in things and they creak" test don't make sense, every car has a point in the plastics where it will creak if preassure is applied, sure it's an indicator that the cabin could be noisy but show me how it sounds driving too fast on a bumpy road or using the controls really hard, that's where build quality actually comes up to the user
>>
File: pepe_driving.gif (619 KB, 220x220)
619 KB
619 KB GIF
>>27822189
>Why would anyone buy an Audi over a BMW?
The turn signal stalk stays where I put it.
>>
You buy Audi when you can't afford real premium (Mercedes)
>>
I got a 2017 330i and I thought people would like me and my car but people still hate me and it. Even BMW owners hate me because it's not a "real" BMW. But now I've just accepted it and I just like driving it around.
>>
>>27831653
isn’t Audi slightly more expensive?
>>
>>27831675
yep, the 3 series curse.
even the 1 series is more accepted
>>
File: bmw-m3-e46.jpg (418 KB, 2048x1151)
418 KB
418 KB JPG
>>27822189
>Why would anyone buy a BMW?

Because E46 exists.
>>
MB
>Lexus
BMW
>Acura
Audi
>used Infiniti at a buy here pay here lot

Do I have it right
>>
>>27831832
No
>>
>>27825394
>you just snap off the stupid Torx driver in the screw
why are you using harbor freight tools anon?
>>27825394
>Hex drivers strip instead of snapping so you can come back with a drill or other tools more easily.
>it's supposed to fail so you can have even more fun with "other tools"
retarded.
>>
>>27832083
>why are you using harbor freight tools anon
Do you think that Snap On torx drivers are incapable of snapping?
Anyway, even if you had a torx driver made of unobtanium you would eventually just snap the whole screw head off. There's no point of using Torx except to be a special snowflake. No one else bothers with Torx so clearly it's not a superior system.
>>
>>27833047
>No one else bothers with Torx
Allow me to bolster your argument further: Only the French and Italians also use Torx.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.