[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: wag v suv.jpg (87 KB, 800x489)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
I want to replace my Passat estate. I wanted Audi A6 or BMW S5 (wagon version), but my wife keeps talking shit how wagons look inherently ugly and she wants "upgrade" instead of another car with ugly ass.

I like how fast, capacious and comfortable wagons are. How much more would I need to spend on SUV to achive similar levels of speed and silence (I imagine due to inferior aerodymics it'll need more power and better soundproofing etc)? Will e.g. Audi Q7 with 286hp be enough to ride as comfortable as e.g. Audi A6 with 200hp?

What's up with modern bitches that makes them hate wagons so much?
>>
You should punch her in the face
>>
You're not riding in a clapped out '89 Volvo 740
>>
>>27831192
>A6 with 200hp
That's slow, why the fuck are you worried about performance?
>>
>>27831192
>"his" wife tells "him" which car to buy
lol
lmao
>>
>>27831208
>That's slow
Just 20 years ago 130hp was more than enough for a Passat. I'm now riding with 150hp and it's enough. Maybe I have small needs.
>why the fuck are you worried about performance?
To travel faster from point a to b. With 150hp in d-class wagon I can achive reasonable speed of 180-190kph within reasonable time on a highway. I don't need ride faster than 200kph because my time of reaction isn't so good.
>>
>>27831215
It's called "family car" because it's for families. I don't make these rules.
>>
>>27831192
Get the white man's chariot. If you want to have any enjoyment while driving in an SUV, you will need more than 300 hp and for comparable space atleast a Q7
>>
>>27831192
SUVs might have more space and will definitely be easier to load
>we're talking body on frame not crossovers right?
But:
>poor MPG, at least for a modern car
>shit handling
>harder to park

>>she wants to sit "muh high" even though it makes it harder to drive
>>
File: 1721663793752.png (511 KB, 1000x1000)
511 KB
511 KB PNG
>>27831192
Putting the issue with you slowly working towards getting cucked aside, don't take into consideration opinions of people that are not competent enough to weigh in on the topic. Your wife certainly does not qualify. Not to say she can't help you with advice elsewhere.

All you're trying to do here is taking the needlessly long way around to get what you want.
>>
>>27831232
My wife doesn't even have a license.

Wagon is still superior as a "long range" family car because of the fuel economy. It's also safer than the SUV because of roll risk and A6 has way better safety ratings, at least according to iihs
https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle/Audi/a6-allroad-4-door-wagon/2023

Tell your wife if she loves her family and wants them to survive she will cope with the wagon. Go to the webm thread and show her vids of SUVs getting rekt. Use emotional manipulation tactics, and get a wagon like a true 90's family man. "Q7", it even sounds gay, don't cuck to the trend.
>>
>>27831232
yeah a wagon is a family car, a crossover is an ugly fat blob for morons
>>
>>27831192
Ask your wife if she's a bigger car enthusiast than you, when she says no tell her that's why you're not taking her advice then buy what you want. Guys letting their women have their way is the reason why the car market today is so garbage, be the change you want to see.
>>
>>27831192
Show her some videos of suv's doing barrel rolls after small bumps from other cars.
>>
>>27831527
>My wife doesn't even have a license
Uhhhh based
>>
>>27831192
SUVs are the safest vehicles. They are the go to choice for a family vehicle.
>>
>>27831215
She's right. Wagons are vagina dehumidifier. It's impossible to not look like a dork when you pull up in a wagon, anon's wife is only human. At least she is communicating with him, instead of becoming increasingly more unattracted to him and eventually running off with some dude with a cooler ride.
>>
>>27831240
>body on frame
Doesn't exist in Europe, Q7/X7/GLS are the biggest ones. The common only body on frame is the G-Class which has little space
>>
>>27832052
Get a Suburban.
>>
>>27831988
Get on a bus then
>the heaviest vehicle
>the driver isn't clouded by low testosterone
>there's ample room for your wife's three boyfriends
Go on, go be safe.
>>
>>27832122
Nigger we're talking about a family vehicle. The literal purpose being safe, comfortable, spacious, utilitarian.
>>
File: arteon.png (294 KB, 1012x576)
294 KB
294 KB PNG
>>27831990
How is picrel not cool, but if silimar shape gets 30cm taller, then it becomes cool? It's like choosing someone with chubby body instead of ripped one and women generally aren't into chubby men. Their mind has no sense.
>>
get a 7p touareg. They have a real comfy upright driving position plus lots of glass. newer suvs tend to try and be "sporty" (high beltline + low roof = narrow greenhouse reducing visibility, and a sloping back which reduces cargo area) which makes no sense.

7p touaregs are old enough that they have all the tech (adaptive cruise, etc) with an oldschool quality touch (rotary knobs for climate and radio).
>>
>>27833377
This, but be a man and get the 958.1 Cayenne GTS or 958.1/2 Turbo
>>
>>27831990
you are delusional
>>
>>27833377
Isn't Touareg a discount Q7?
>>
>>27833490
Nah, Touareg was one of Piech's personal uber-autism egostroker machines.
Q7 and Cayenne only existed to justify its development costs with actual profit potential.
>>
File: 1719929963506521.jpg (70 KB, 613x1000)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>27831192
SUVs and crossovers flip over easier. Sometimes all it takes is a bump on the side and it'll flip, or even turning around a roundabout too fast.

>>27831232
>I don't make these rules.
No, but you should be acting like a man and the head of the house.
>>
>>27833230
Things don't have to 'make sense' in some kind of quantifiable scientific way in order for them to be true. Thinking like that is libtard behavior. Nature has selected against wagons and wagon owners and that's all you should need to know. Stop trying to circumvent natural processes with your gay commie bullshit.
>>
>>27833754
Absolutely wrong
>Even though the 955 Cayenne was co-developed with Volkswagen, it was not a partnership of equals. The work was done in Weissach with 260 Porsche engineers and 40 Volkswagen engineers. It's better to describe the Touareg as a cost reduced Cayenne than the Cayenne as a fancy Touareg. This wasn't necessarily great for VW as Porsche owners will pay for capability at the expense of cost, economy, and complexity, but the opposite isn't quite true, and there are compromises on the Touareg that wouldn't exist if they didn't have to take the Porsche design. For instance, the center differential on the Touareg is the 955 planetary setup with a 38/62 bias. Since VW wanted a more benign 50/50 setup, it achieves this torque split by leaving the center clutch packs slightly engaged. The drivetrain layout doesn't resemble any longitudinal Audi layout, with a double wishbone suspension up front and a front differential that is separate from the transmission and powered by a driveshaft from the transfer case behind the transmission. This allows the front axle to sit below the engine, aiding weight distribution. PDCC, PTV+, and the Turbo and V8 powertrains are all Porsche designed.
>>
>>27833754

The third generation Cayenne is the first design started with VW as the parent company. The balance of power is reversed, and it is very clearly based on the SQ7. The 48 volt power system, the electric sway bars, the transmission, and the four wheel steering were all introduced first on either the SQ7 or the Bentayga. Most tellingly the front suspension is an Audi style four link zero scrub design that is somewhat fragile and exists to combat torque steer in front wheel drive MLB vehicles. Also, despite the adaptation of the 'hang on' PTM front clutch pack which is perhaps the only truly Porsche component on the car, the front differential is now integrated in the transmission housing, and despite the axle going through the bellhousing, the engine is now 100% ahead of the front axle, just like an Audi.
>>
>>27833947
>Nature has selected against wagons and wagon owners
which lead to an arms race in ride height so the original advantage of CUVs is now gone because everyone has them now.
>>
>>27831232
Who’s paying for it? You or «the family account»?
>>
>>27833947
>Nature has selected against wagons and wagon owners
Nonsense. SUV owners are dead end of evolution because they don't breed fast enough. Wagon owners buy wagons because they actually have children to pass their wagon-owning genes. In couple of decades wagons will dominate roads again.
>>27834397
Wrong logic. In functional households women are responsible for 80% of expenses. I won't be choosing which shoes my wife buys, even though we go out together. Car is kind of similar situation.
>>
>>27831192
Today's SUVs are useless. Wagons stay based forever
>>
Your wife is right, she's probably the man in the relationship, you should probably transition
>>
Don't listen to your wife lmao, what a cuck. I bet she also makes you pay for all the dates, and she goes out twerking in the club on girl trips?
>>
>>27831232
>I don't make the rules
Yes you do, it's your family. Let me guess, your wife is a career woman who challenges your intellectually?
>>
>>27835725
>it's your family. Let me guess, your wife is a career woman who challenges your intellectually?
OP here.
It's opposite. My wife is a housewife. She's high iq individual (for a woman) but she has very mainstream taste for cars. Because she spends 10x more time home than I do, her influence on our children is much bigger than mine. She will be able to get the children on her side when it comes to our family car and I will be that dorky, alienated dad who rides his ugly wagon. I could wait it through, but due to history of coronary diseases in my family I will probably die before my children will appreciate their father along with his funny, practical, old car.

I like my wagon and my wife likes her crossover. Since we won't be buying 2 new cars, huge SUV seems like a fair compromise (despite having cons of both, while very few pros of any). Life.
>>
>>27835767
Making a decision for your family will be your first step to avoid becoming a dorky, alienated dad
>>
>>27835782
>Making a decision for your family will be your first step to avoid becoming a dorky, alienated dad
But buying a car isn't some strategic life decission. It's more like a lifestyle choice, where you can compromise, so you can push it when and where it actually matters.

I don't come to /o/ for life advices. I want a car that rides like a wagon but is acceptable for SUV-desiring woman.
>>
why don't you keep your car and let her get what she wants? wagons are just not cool anymore aside from car guys. i'd say the "sportback" designs are a good compromise, while not having as much cargo room as a wagon, they are better than a sedan and still look cool.

either way your wife wants an SUV, if you have the financial resources then why not? just make sure it's something you approve of within that category.
>>
>>27835843
>why don't you keep your car and let her get what she wants?
Between some new Q7/GLE etc. and 15yo passat it's obvious which car will be first on a driveway and will be used for 100% of a time. Keeping both will be a waste of place, money and a decent, used car.
>>
>>27831192
Get the A6. The comfort should be more or less equal, but I can on speak from real experience for the Q7. The A6 is the best looking wagon the market rn while the design of the Q7, especially the exterior, has deteriorated over the last 2 generations.
>>
>>27835799
>when and where it actually matters.
Every decision matters because it sets a precedent. If your wife can decide what car to get, next she'll be deciding what school you children go to. Fatherlessness isn't just an issue for children of single mothers, your kids basically have 2 mothers who discuss and compromise like a bunch of women
>>
>>27835872
A6 is obvious upgrade from passat, but 5-Series Touring is bigger and everyone who has it seems to love it. If only BMW's grille wasn't so pig-looking.

https://www.carsized.com/en/cars/compare/audi-a6-2018-estate-vs-bmw-5-2023-estate/
>>
>>27833490
Drive them both.
The seats on the touareg (7p) are arguably better than the seats on the same generation q7.
Ride and handling are pretty much identical. you want to get a steel spring one anyway (rather than air - for reliability).
Interior quality on the vw is a little worse than the audi, but not much.
Interior/exterior design is more subjective.

The only real benefit the q7 has is the availability of a 3rd row of seats in some generations.
>>
>>27835894
May be a bit bigger but BMWs are so fucking ugly they aren't even worth considering imo
>>
File: 1719971707750604.jpg (39 KB, 509x423)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>27831194
>>
>>27833947
>noooooo stop trying to use your brain!!! it's communism!!!!!
You are a literal subhuman.
>>
>>27835767
>She will be able to get the children on her side when it comes to our family car and I will be that dorky, alienated dad
Holy shit your life is hell.
>>
File: mercest.png (1.85 MB, 1398x753)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB PNG
>>27835899
7p is old model. New car needs to be brand new, that's the point.
>>27835909
I won't be looking at it when I'll ride it. If I was buying wagon for external looks I'd buy Arteon or Superb. Honestly, when I think about it now, maybe we should go for Mercedes E-class. There's no way my wife won't soften for that luxurious spaceship look, even if it's wagon.
>>27835924
>Holy shit your life is hell.
Could've been worse. Key is not to antagonize wife with small stuff like cars. There are benefits, like she will kill anyone, before letting our kids to take part in some tranny sessions in kindergarden (or other modern, retarded shit like that) - stuff that actually matters.
>>
>>27835976
You say it's a family car but who will actually be driving it most of the time? If it's your wive get her the SUV otherwise get yourself the wagon.
>>
File: 1720772204911.jpg (238 KB, 1600x1428)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
Holy shit you are retarded.

Yes wagons are ugly and low T.

>Q7
Boring
>A6 2.0T
Holy shit kys for even considering this car

Go get an Audi SQ5 you complete retard.
>3.0T bullet proof engine post 2018
>350hp factory
>700 dollar tune with no mods gives you 400hp @91 octane and 500 ftps of torque

Stop wasting everyone's time.
>>
>>27831192
>but my wife keeps talking shit how wagons look inherently ugly and she wants "upgrade"
my gf yaps about that, I want a sedan, she says for future you should get SUV. Nah, if we would need space then wagon not fucking SUV or cuckover. Christ why would I even need wagon, my father had only Opel Kadett C and it was fine for family of 5. But atleast I planted a bug in her head so now she wants Polo GTI. Fucking bitch she is fine woth driving sporty cars but wants me to drive heavy vehicle, before me she barely knew what fuel goes into her shitbox. Don't listen to women, they know nothing and can be persuaded easily
>>
File: 1709131641807.jpg (24 KB, 564x315)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>27836002
>Don't listen to women

based
>>
>>27835919
>t. midwit
>>
>>27831192
Women are stupid.

Don't listen to them.

Just nod and smile when appropriate then do what you want.
>>
>>27835995
Everyday chores (groceries, school, etc) = mostly woman.
Ocasional long-distance transport = mostly man.
Wife will sit in it for most of the time, I'll make most kilometers.
>>27835996
>Audi SQ5
You should be ashamed for giving the worst advice in this thread.
>>27836002
>But atleast I planted a bug in her head so now she wants Polo GTI.
You know that after a decade it could blow into your face when she'll scream how she always hated this fucking Polo and agree to it only because you wanted it instead of embracing real car (SUV)?
Women aren't as ignorant as we usually think they are (just aren't as smart as they think they are).
>>
>>27836081
she already has a Polo and loves it, only wants more POWER. Also SUVs are pieces of shit I won't ever buy one. Proper off roader isn't your regular shitty SUV
>>
>>27832052
It's just a lifted wagon then anon
>worse handling
>worse mpg
>probably worse power/weight
>same storage space
>less comfortable seating
>>
>>27835640
>women spend 80%
This is just a problem with consumerism anon
She gets to do so much other spending, so you should get to pick the car because you know more about cars
>Me personally, I'm carting the family around in a fucking GM b body from the 80s and there will be no discussion
>>
>>27835799
>no car will do that anon
It's a matter of physics
>modern SUVs have to either ride like an unloaded dump truck or wobble around like a kayak, no exceptions
>>ever automaker currently chooses the former for safety and for favorable automotive handling reviews
>>
>>27836081
>Audi SQ5
>bad advice
The only retard here is you
>>
>>27836216
>audi
HAHAHAHA
>>
>>27836217
tell me youre poor without telling me you're poor?
>>
>>27836216
>Audi
>S
No resposible family man will sacrifice money and range for temporary vrooom on a highway. Any "S" version of Audi is retarded advice for a family car. This is something people with midlife crisis buy.
>>
>>27835899
>you want to get a steel spring one anyway (rather than air - for reliability).
I just want to say that I have 2004 stock / never changed air ride on a 7L (The previous generation). They still work great. never had an issue with them. probably the only thing that never failed on this car.
my buddy with springs is on like his 4th or 5th set
>>
>>27836081
>Wife will sit in it for most of the time, I'll make most kilometers.
So it will be effectively be her car. I'd honestly say get her the Q7. It's a really solid car and if you get it with air suspension lower it down and it almost looks like an A6.
>>
>>27835885
>discuss and compromise like a bunch of women
Have you ever seen more than 1 woman in same place and time? I've seen them chatter, but I've never seen them actually discussing. I can even imagine 2 women to compromise on anything.
>>
File: difhd9l2v2m71.jpg (422 KB, 1920x1280)
422 KB
422 KB JPG
>>27835976
>my wife is a manipulating harpy that'll instantly try to turn my own flesh and blood against me if I don't obey her dumb bimbo wants
>but at least she also hates <random moral panic>
Holy shit what a depressing way to live.
>>
>>27836017
"Midwit" is cope for idiotic fags like you. You scream like a bimbo "ewww wagons!!!" with no ability to think where did that thought come from.
>>
>>27838859
Seeing women for what they are and accepting it is how you avoid depression (lonelyness, divorce etc.). If you believe you can spend whole life with a woman, just by pure love, you're fucked fren.
>>
>>27839578
Funny to see how these incels who only interact with their mothers (and bully them) think about women.
Sad but funny
>>
>>27839578
Cope how you can mate. It's too late now so tell yourself whatever you have to.
>>27839586
Aren't you a bit quick to bring out the projector? Some of us simply wouldn't settle for a shopping-obsessed idiot, under stupid myths like "that's just how women are!".
>>
Get a SUV for family and some coupe for yourself.
Problem solved.
>>
>>27839740
wagon + roadster is peak performance
>>
>>27839778
>wagon
>roadster
These are for two different stages of man's life. Before wagon there's a hatchback because of course it is. Roadster comes when you realize that not only wagon, but even regular cabrio is just too big as there's noone to ride your car with you.
>>
>>27839972
imagine limiting yourself to one car
onecar wanker
>>
File: PXL_20230307_202724176_1.jpg (1.66 MB, 3701x1750)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB JPG
>>27839778
this
>>
>>27831192
Problem is your wife is straight, and you're a gay man.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.