[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Does anyone else think the new body style on the Dodge Charger is boring? I don't know why they would do this type of style change. To me it looks very bland. The current generation of Charger/Challengers look way more aggressive. I don't own one, and wouldn't buy one (too expensive and common a vehicle), but I can appreciate the asthetic of the widebody Chargers and Challengers. They look downright mean.

I love the slammed semi-futuristic muscle car look. The new body style looks like a regular commuter car. What happened? Maybe it's because they plan on doing updated body styles with widebody and spoilers etc... but debuting this type of car seems like a downgrade to me (on looks).

(I'll post the current Challenger in next post for comparison)
>>
For reference, I just think this looks way cooler. And it's actually a better car when you consider the weight that EVs are pushing, and the fact that the new ones only come with a V6 turbo setup or EV.

EV might be faster in a straight line but there's the issue of needing to find charging stations and excessive weight from the batteries
>>
the charger hasn't looked good since the 60s.
>>
>>27832007
it's a new twin turbo I6 actually
however it has new model problems like every chrysler does and these wont be worth buying until at least the 2nd year in
>>
>>27832019
>it's a new twin turbo I6 actually

Ok, thanks for the correction. It's still a downgrade from the V8 Hemis imo. How about a twin turbo 6.4L V8 =D

>>27832017

I disagree. I like the widebody stance and newer wider tires. The current Challengers seem like a good blend of throwback to older muscle cars with a modern asthetic. The new generation simply look like commuter car EVs
>>
the rear of the new charger is much closer to the original
>>
>>27832126
>>
>>27832126
that is not what the original car looks like at all ai jeet
>>
>>27832128
>the thick hidden pillars and pugnosed trunk
gross
>>
File: demuro on hellcat.png (727 KB, 1077x653)
727 KB
727 KB PNG
>>27832007
It's hard to beat this design. Damn these cars look hot af.
>>
>>27832133

Yep, I agree. I don't own one, but I can respect the look and engines that Dodge puts into the Hellcat widebody models. When I was down South (USA) they were everywhere. The downsides are: too common, too likely to be stolen, very high price ($80k+), high priced insurance, financing has high interest rates; but, the car itself is very aggressive looking.
>>
I found out recently every single good idea Dodge has had in the past 20 years was completely Mercedes doing.
RIP numuscle 1999-2024
Have fun with your turbod to shit low displacement engines and EV dogshit.
>>
>>27832128
>the black plastic to attempt to make it look less obese
Sad
>>
>>27832128
Just for niggers to be the main demographic in 10 years
>>
>>27832004
> I can appreciate the asthetic of the widebody Chargers and Challengers
They are objectively a horrible design. They just slapped on some basic overfenders and called it a day. They absoutely ruin the shapes of these cars bodies and do not go with their design whatsoever. I mean it looks the same as that liberty walk widebody kit that had been designed way before dodge decided to do a factory widebody, and liberty wlak isnt known for tasteful looking bodykits. There were much better ways to make a widebody kit, like picrel, but dodge decided to cut corners. Im amazed people seem to like this half-assed job of a bodhkit. Well, not surprising given that the target audience is primarily colored
>>
>>27832004
Boring is good, I can already see these cars aging gracefully instead of being A N G E R Y till the end of time
>>
Just be thankful that its still has an engine and not some cuck EV bullshit
>>
>>27832126
>>27832128
The problems is the size of these things. Close doesn't cut it when the car weighs so much more. The '69 charger weighed 3900lbs (not a featherweight) but the nuDaytona weighs 5800.
>>
>>27832004
because it's a re-badged Opel with a Jeep engine
>>
>>27832004
Definition of neutered design.
>>
>>27833639
That looks awful.
>>
>>27833639
Dude imho picrel is a lot worse than the factory wide body.

I totally dig a tasteful narrow body, like the OG SRT8, with chrome wheels and all, but this thing you posted looks like a diabetic in terminal stage.

>>27833810
Check out the new BMW M3. We’re getting on an era where a 4200 lbs Hellcat is light for a coupé.
>>
>>27832004
They actually look pretty good. Less tryhard boyracer than most everything else out there.
>>
File: 636377940072538250-audi1.jpg (851 KB, 3328x1880)
851 KB
851 KB JPG
It's like they just traced a picture of an A5 but then tacked some muscle car bits onto it to make it less obvious
>>
>>27832133
no one in this thread needs to see this hideous faggot.
>>
>>27833943
two-door sedans have similar silhouettes? thank u for your genius insight
retard
>>
>>27833969
Keep seething Motard. Won't stop Stellantis from going under.
There's similar silhouettes and then there's a literal copy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.