[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.jpg (190 KB, 1500x844)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
1. What's the newest car I can buy that doesn't have a SIM card or any other way for the manufacturer to collect my telemetry data?
2. Why is this information so difficult to find?
3. Why don't most people even know about this?
>>
File: 432421.png (1.51 MB, 1280x853)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
>>27832408
The best I can do bruv.
>>
File: spoon fit.jpg (69 KB, 640x480)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
2000-2008 and you are fine or whatever is in there is heavily documented with easily accessibly fuse boxes and wiring and the like. Especially with heavily modified motors look into Chevy LS series motors or Panther body platform fords or Honda K20/K24 motor vehicles as all are very simple vehicles that were incredibly popular and easy to keep on the road for a long time.
Past 2012 your options get much more narrow and exotic.
Past 2020 and you just need to buy a stripped down motorcycle or something.
Newest car I would trust is a gutted Honda Fit with a motor swap for more power which is probably also the most fun and newish car you could get for relatively cheap enough to hit a track for fun and modification.
>>
>>27832436
>Newest car I would trust is a gutted Honda Fit with a motor swap
Sounds fun, but I'm not really a gear-head. I'm just looking for a reliable car I can wrench and drive without my insurance company and god knows who else knowing everything there is to know about my driving habits.
>>
>>27832408
>3. Why don't most people even know about this?
like many things, most people just don't care until they are personally affected by it, and even then there's a chance they still won't care.
there's a couple videos on jewtube where people go up to randoms and tell them a disturbing amount of personal info about them before revealing that they knew all this just from what they posted on their social media accounts. you could tell that most of the victims would just forget or keep posting on their socials anyway
>>
>>27832408
1. I'm at least under the impression my 2018 Mazda3 doesn't do this. Their (((connected services))) only started with the 2019 models.
2. They don't want you to know what they're doing.
3. Most people shop based on monthly payment and can't refill their own windshield wiper fluid.
>>
>>27832408
Why does it fucking matter when you got a cell phone in your fucking pocket?
>>
>>27832524
My phone isn't sending my telemetry to my insurance company so they can jack my rates. And even if I thought it might be, I could just put it in airplane mode or turn it off while I'm driving.
>>
>>27832525
>My phone isn't sending my telemetry to my insurance company so they can jack my rates
It more than likley is lmao.

> I could just put it in airplane mode or turn it off while I'm driving.
You really think that stops "them" from spying on you?

Do you buy your tin foil with cash?
>>
>>27832528
>hurr just let everyone spy on you because it's impossible go fully invisible
If you can't help me then fuck off.
>>
>>27832533
Again, Every single letter you've typed in this thread has been monitored and analyzed by some company out there. I got a tip. Move to a fucking Amish community and drive a horse and buggy. You're definitely living in the wrong century to be this paranoid.
>>
>>27832568
>You're definitely living in the wrong century to be this paranoid
Paranoid would be if I believed I was being tracked when I wasn't. You're admitting that I am being tracked. It's not paranoia if it's true.
>>
>>27832408
Pre 1996 for every car
>OBD2 was introduced 1996, some caddys that old have GM onstar
For most cars 2012
>is when all US cars were mandated to have ABS and TCS, I'd go for before then to be free of spyshit in most cars
For any car ~2022
>>but I'd go for pre 2012, and pre ~96 for GM
>>
>>27832408
Early 2000's
>>
>>27832568
>well you might stub your toe at some point so might as well lay down on railroad tracks!!!
i just quoted you
>>
>>27832991
OnStar/GMshit up until the 2014/2015 model year relied on the 3G network which no longer exists and thus all 90s, 00s, and early 2010s GM cars have been forcefully disconnected from "da cloud".
>>
>>27832468
Chevrolet Lacetti or whatever she was called in your country.
>>
>>27832524
You sound like a woman and a democrat. Why are you here
>>
>>27832408
avoid all ford vehicles especially s650 mustangs where they admitted it tracks your speed and uses GPS to find the speed limit and happily would give it to law enforcement. Also have to sign a massive waver when buying about data collection super sketch.
>>
>buy new car
>turn it into race car
Problem solved
>>
>>27834718
How does that solve the problem exactly?
>>
>>27833468
You sound like a fucking schitzo. Why are you on the internet?

>>27834831
Most aftermarket ECU's don't have any tracking abilities.
>>
>>27833385
in the usa, that is apparently the suzuki forenza
>>
File: file.jpg (18 KB, 350x272)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>27834833
>You sound like a fucking schitzo
>>
>>27833468
he's not wrong. Leave your phone at home then tranny
>>
>>27834907
I do, Faggot.
>>
bump

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.